The last time we played each of next season's potential opponents in the league

admira

Of the 'nevers', I'm surprised about Exeter. Of the long timers Mansfield is a surprise, given we've spent so much time outside the top flight I'd have thought they'd have had a run up to the old second division at some point. I just checked on Mansfield and they've never been out of the bottom two divisions - and if you think we've had fun with owners in 2008 they genuinely suggested changing the name of the club to Harchester United. Mad, mad, mad...

Can we now have a list of teams in the EPL and Championship and when is the date we will likely next play them again - wrist slashers can enjoy putting 'Never' against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal, blind faithers can correct it to 2024. ? ?

Of the five on the 'never' list, are there any we have never played a cup game against either?*

* I can remember playing FGR in the FA Cup and Exeter (and possibly Cheltenham in the League Cup).

That 1986 meeting listed against Lincoln was 7-0 iirc

8 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Of the five on the 'never' list, are there any we have never played a cup game against either?*

* I can remember playing FGR in the FA Cup and Exeter (and possibly Cheltenham in the League Cup).

Not quite, the 7-0 was at home in 1985, the last meeting was away in 1986 which was a 1-0 victory courtesy of Bobby Davison

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Not quite, the 7-0 was at home in 1985, the last meeting was away in 1986 which was a 1-0 victory courtesy of Bobby Davison

Nice starting XI

Eric Steele

Paul Blades

Rob Hindmarch

Ross Maclaren

Steve Buckley

Steve McClaren

Gary Micklewhite

Mickey Thomas

Geraint Williams

Trevor Christie

Bobby Davison

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Of the 'nevers', I'm surprised about Exeter. Of the long timers Mansfield is a surprise, given we've spent so much time outside the top flight I'd have thought they'd have had a run up to the old second division at some point. I just checked on Mansfield and they've never been out of the bottom two divisions - and if you think we've had fun with owners in 2008 they genuinely suggested changing the name of the club to Harchester United. Mad, mad, mad...

Can we now have a list of teams in the EPL and Championship and when is the date we will likely next play them again - wrist slashers can enjoy putting 'Never' against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal, blind faithers can correct it to 2024. ? ?

If I didn't check, I would have sworn Mansfield were in the Championship in the early 2000's, but must have been mixing them up with some other small club like Walsall.

Mansfield have actually been in the 2nd division once (77/78).

18 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Cheltenham:  Not Listed

Exeter:  https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Exeter City/

Fleetwood:  Not Listed

FGR:  https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Forest Green Rovers/

Morecambe:  Not Listed.

That's either 3 we've never played, or that 11v11 website isn't as good as I thought it was!  ?‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheltenham:  Not Listed

Exeter:  https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Exeter City/

Fleetwood:  Not Listed

FGR:  https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Forest Green Rovers/

Morecambe:  Not Listed.

That's either 3 we've never played, or that 11v11 website isn't as good as I thought it was!  ?‍♂️

Correct

2 hours ago, admira said:

image.png.e300b94c3627b6f271c05a6fdb184003.png

Interesting table - thanks for putting together.

May not be a widespread view but the novelty factor of playing this lot is actually making me look forward to the new season. New grounds to visit & new clubs to acquaint ourselves us with. Whilst no-one wants to be playing 3rd tier football for longer than necessary, I was getting bored of playing dismal clubs like Reading, Birmingham & QPR every year.

Plenty of big games too - Sheff Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth & Charlton all stand out. My only issue is it's a fairly southern based league - although lots of grounds within easy reach from Derby. Away days should be noisy ?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If I didn't check, I would have sworn Mansfield were in the Championship in the early 2000's, but must have been mixing them up with some other small club like Walsall.

Mansfield have actually been in the 2nd division once (77/78).

Cheers - I was going to make some quip about maybe when you were thinking small clubs in the Championship you confused them with Forest but then I realised they were only dreaming of being in the Championship for a large part of the 2000s.