When do we lose the golden ticket?

IslandExile

So the money ran out yesterday. That obviously hasn't focused the mind sufficiently to get over the "impasse".

Whether it's Mel grandstanding or other issues over MSD loans or valuations, I don't know.

It seems ever more likely that Kirchner will walk. If he goes, I cannot see Rooney staying. Rooney is what keeps the players there without contracts. Rooney said this 24-48 hours were critical.

So if all that happens, we're down to a late, low bid from the opportunistic Ashley.

Whoever saves us has a limited time to do so.

When does it have to be accomplished before we lose the golden ticket (membership of the EFL)? 

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m becoming more and more convinced that Mel would rather see us liquidated than damage his fragile ego by taking a lower bid from the council. We’re in real real danger I’m afraid. The council have the money. Mel just won’t agree to it.

I have no idea on the answer to this, but hopefully someone has.

Should the club  be liquidated,  what happens to the MSD loan and more importantly the charge on the Stadium?

Presumably the loan gets written off, but does the charge disappear with it?

3 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

I have no idea on the answer to this, but hopefully someone has.

Should the club  be liquidated,  what happens to the MSD loan and more importantly the charge on the Stadium?

Presumably the loan gets written off, but does the charge disappear with it?

MSD would surely take ownership of the ground in that scenario. They would then sell the stadium to however wanted it.

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

So the money ran out yesterday. That obviously hasn't focused the mind sufficiently to get over the "impasse".

Whether it's Mel grandstanding or other issues over MSD loans or valuations, I don't know.

It seems ever more likely that Kirchner will walk. If he goes, I cannot see Rooney staying. Rooney is what keeps the players there without contracts. Rooney said this 24-48 hours were critical.

So if all that happens, we're down to a late, low bid from the opportunistic Ashley.

When does it have to be accomplished before we lose the golden ticket (membership of the EFL)? 

This is an absolutely terrible situation we find ourselves in. No one can trust MA and even less now that he appears in cohouts with Mickey Mouse. I agree with all you’ve said above Islandexile, I couldn’t be more angry!!

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m becoming more and more convinced that Mel would rather see us liquidated than damage his fragile ego by taking a lower bid from the council. We’re in real real danger I’m afraid. The council have the money. Mel just won’t agree to it.

It’s pretty obvious that’s his master plan.

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

This is an absolutely terrible situation we find ourselves in. No one can trust MA and even less now that he appears in cohouts with Mickey Mouse. I agree with all you’ve said above Islandexile, I couldn’t be more angry!!

Complete and utter guesswork.......

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

You never cease to underwhelm with the quality of your contributions to this forum….

I don’t know who you are but you have different agenda to the rest of us. We’re worried sick at the moment, a genuine guy who puts the fans first is being stopped from purchasing the club by an utter moron who’s only agenda appears to be to destroy us.

9 hours ago, IslandExile said:

But does anyone, when does this have to be resolved so that we don't lose our place in the league?

My hope is we'll have up to the playoff final to sort this particular element out. The league structure for next season won't be finalized until then. But this is purely hope.

Though hasn't the income now stopped? Which was why we needed Kirchner to take over today? Which reminds me, don't we lose another 3 points if we can't play the players?

If MM doesn't want to come to a deal than we need to be pushing on to find a new ground to play at for a season and get a deal done and over the line ASAP. We can't wait for if and when Mel may want want to come to some sort of deal.

I assume as long as we can show we are satisfying the EFL stipulations, we keep our golden ticket?
what those specific stipulations are, I’m far from certain. Assume somewhere to play? (We already have a lease agreement in place with the current owners?). Assume (further) funding for a set minimum period? Maybe the complete upcoming season? Assume quite a few more minor stipulations?

We don’t need to be out of administration specifically (until next summer?). 
One of the EFL rules stipulates “You cannot start more than one season whilst in Administration” or words to that effect. 
We haven’t started a season in Admin yet. 

It’s the funding we need right now, not particularly a new owner all signed up, sealed, and sat behind the desk, with Administration cleared. 
?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

My hope is we'll have up to the playoff final to sort this particular element out. The league structure for next season won't be finalized until then. But this is purely hope.

Though hasn't the income now stopped? Which was why we needed Kirchner to take over today? Which reminds me, don't we lose another 3 points if we can't play the players?

It may be 3 points it may be 6 points as we have 3 points suspended = 6 points plus potential 15 points from the EFL if we get any buyer who pays less than 25% over two years or 35% over three years = why would anyone actually bother to buy us ?

17 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Kirchner said he would take over funding from May 7 .. in advance of completing the deal. However that seems to be contradicted by Rooney saying we had 24 to 48 hours to sort things.

If there is cashflow problem  that isn't fixed staightaway , it would mean unpaid player wages.. which is trigger for further EFL penalties and ultimatley the withdrawal of the golden ticket. Bury players went unpaid for 12 weeks and that included a period after the  season had started. SO rather than expect players to play for nothing, EFL postponed games. Assuming EFL show similar forbearance with us (which on past showing cannot be relied on) then we would have at least 12 more weeks before doomsday.

But if Kirchner pulls out and there is no realistic prospect of other credible buyer then Q may even decide to liquidate us.  Against that, Rononey and the players walking would at least help a short term problem of being able to pay wages.      

12 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I don’t know who you are but you have different agenda to the rest of us. We’re worried sick at the moment, a genuine guy who puts the fans first is being stopped from purchasing the club by an utter moron who’s only agenda appears to be to destroy us.

You're correct that you don't know who I am - but that didn't stop you from acusing me of being Mel which I find more than a little offensive....

As far as having agenda, I don't have one (and who made you the spokesman for 'the rest of us' anyway?) - I just want an end to the ongoing agony of seeing my club destroyed by egos and brinksmanship - preferably without the pain being exacerbated by posters latching on to every tiny bit of gossip and regurgitating it as if it's fact - which is what I called you out for originally.....

12 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

From what I’ve heard I like the sound of CK and I hope he manages to close the deal very quickly. But I’m not sure if we’re not being a little naive if we think he’s putting the fans first. He does seem to care but I would imagine his first priority, understandably, is protecting his investment. Let’s not kid ourselves that he’s proposing to buy the club purely as an act of philanthropy.