LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Perhaps, my question about huds is how much does he want a scrap in league 1… a player with his ability has been sat around without a club for how long now? 

1 day ?

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

i wouldnt touch either quite honestly, was never a fan of johnsons anyhow. Rather see liam thompson or a n other young hungry lower league lad be given a chance

i do worry we’re going to go from one extreme of young hungry inexperienced kids to a side of has been journeymen.

hope we can hit a balance… i realise for the next year or two though its get what we can 

Our young squad needs experience added to it. We've lost Marshall, Allsop, Roos, Jagielka, Shinnie and Baldock since the start of last season so far, and that was considered to be a squad with too much youth in it. Ravel and Lawrence two others likely to leave. That gives you an idea of how many seasoned players we need to add to the squad.

I'd say the target is 7 or 8 players aged 28+, and a couple in the 23-28 range.

59 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im sure McGoldrick was linked with Boro joinung back up with Wilder. McDonald would be a decent short term replacement for Bielik, would add height, experience, decent passer, bit of a nasty side to hin too.

McGoldrick lives round the corner from me in Bramcote, like Tyson when he joined us Derby would make a lot of sense for him logistically. 

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1 day ?

Our young squad needs experience added to it. We've lost Marshall, Allsop, Roos, Jagielka, Shinnie and Baldock since the start of last season so far, and that was considered to be a squad with too much youth in it. Ravel and Lawrence two others likely to leave. That gives you an idea of how many seasoned players we need to add to the squad.

I'd say the target is 7 or 8 players aged 28+, and a couple in the 23-28 range.

Huddleston? He went a whole calendar year without a club

left us in july 2020 didnt sign for anyone until returning to hull for a handful of games aug 2021 

I agree re experience, just hope we can still hit a balance ie more 28-31 than 31 and above 

Edited by NottsRam77

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Huddleston? He went a whole calendar year without a club

left us in july 2020 didnt sign for anyone until returning to hull for a handful of games aug 2021 

I agree re experience, just hope we can still hit a balance ie more 28-31 than 31 and above 

The final day of his Hull contract was the 30th of June 2022. He's been without a club for 1 day

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Been told Kevin McDonald is on trial with us. Not from my usual source, but someone who’s been right before. Don’t know where they get they’re info from so don’t shoot the messenger.

The CDM who used to play for Fulham? He was quality at one point, think he had an illness if I’m right in remembering? 

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The final day of his Hull contract was the 30th of June 2022. He's been without a club for 1 day

After leaving derby i mean.

he went a year without a club. I spoke to him jokingly about coming back to us when he came into the post office i worked at lol

Amazing talent obviously, would i want to see those huds inch perfect pings again, christ yes, do i think its best all parties moved on from each other though.. with regret .. yes 

only my opinion ?

If its true last season we could only pay 4.5k a week why not stick to around this, we want people who want to play for our famous club not journey men wanting extotionate wages as a final pay day. If they want to come they will play for that and offer them the incentive get us promoted and you get a bonus a good bonus. 

I like most would love to earn 4.5k a week, and a bonus at the end of the year playing a sport we all enjoy. 

It can be done as we have seen, let decent, want to play for DCFC people start coming though the door and bleed black n white all of us. 

Edited by falconram

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Perhaps, my question about huds is how much does he want a scrap in league 1… a player with his ability has been sat around without a club for how long now? 

Only a couple of weeks following his release from Hull. He had a year off essentially after leaving us as we wouldn’t/couldn’t extend his deal on what he was being paid. Eventually Hull offered him an opportunity by which point he must have lowered his wage expectations by quite a bit. 
I haven’t actually seen a solid link to Huddlestone so is this more speculation than anything? He’s good mates with Curtis and Rosenior from their time at Hull I believe and has ties to the club and area of course so can see why people might think/suggest it.

I still think he could do a job for us if you sat him in the middle of the park with younger, more mobile players around him (Bird, Thommo). However he is one I would have far lower down the list to look at of all the options out there and players actually linked to us in the papers so far.

EDIT - can see others have commented similar about his time at Hull so ignore them bits ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Read subsequent posts

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Trying to work out how we attract someone who isnt north of 30…. I assume and hope we can fet some little gems out of league 2 or conference.

that said we dont have a scouting team and rosenior isnt exactly jim smith in terms of contacts in the game.

not moan, just thinking out allowed and wandering how we approach this 

We have to be creative in our recruitment 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I could name 5, but then I'd be ignoring the rest. Full list is here: https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/efl-retained-list-squad-numbers/

Thanks for the link.

For those wanting to check, the Derby squad is on p. 16 (with an (o) for <24 players with contracts expiring who we've been allowed to offer new ones to) and those available for free transfer on p. 96 (either willingly released or we'd like to offer a contract but the EFL didn't allow it at the time).

Of those listed here, but out of contract, Ebosele, Ebiowei, Ravel, Roos, Allsopp, Watson and Hutchinson seem to have found new clubs.

I hope Ahgatise, Cashin, Dixon, Foulkes and Thompson will accept the offers and decide to stay with us. That would give us 20 contracted players, but that number includes Bobby Duncan who presumably isn't ever going to play again.