LG 1 appropriate transfer suggestions

BuckoBeast

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

When do we think the first signing either new signing or a contract renewal will be announced?

I was wondering about this earlier. Given the monumental news this evening will all involved take the weekend off and we’ll hear things Monday after a weekend of positive speculation and paper reports for the first time in months OR given the perceived urgency needed to build the squad and the desperation of us lot for news will they be working this weekend and giving us signings Sat and Sun?!?! Nice to have that anticipation of new signings to look forward too. ? 

10 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I was wondering about this earlier. Given the monumental news this evening will all involved take the weekend off and we’ll hear things Monday after a weekend of positive speculation and paper reports for the first time in months OR given the perceived urgency needed to build the squad and the desperation of us lot for news will they be working this weekend and giving us signings Sat and Sun?!?! Nice to have that anticipation of new signings to look forward too. ? 

I hope they get a few of the existing players signed up as soon as possible to send out a message and start to build a spine of the squad. Then over the next couple of weeks slowly start to add this by negotiating deals and offering trails ect.

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mentioned him about 3 years ago based on his workrate and strength in the air.  Shouted down a bit as he wasn't deemed glamorous enough at the time . I imagine at 35 his legs are probably a bit shot for the kind of player he was now

He isn’t an out and out goal scorer either. I think we need a Stevie Howard type striker in League 1….

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He isn’t an out and out goal scorer either. I think we need a Stevie Howard type striker in League 1….

Shame we lost Marriott.  Seems to have got a bit of form back latter end of the season to go with a better level of fitness.  Worth 20-25 goals in this league I'd say.  Certainly need some forwards. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Been told Kevin McDonald is on trial with us. Not from my usual source, but someone who’s been right before. Don’t know where they get they’re info from so don’t shoot the messenger.

Plausible. Wages would be reasonable after spending 6 months at Dundee. Combined with other rumours, it may suggest we expect to see a CM or two sold...

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Plausible. Wages would be reasonable after spending 6 months at Dundee. Combined with other rumours, it may suggest we expect to see a CM or two sold...

With Hutchinson, Watson and Ravel leaving I think we’re two centre mids short. If true, I think Hourihane and McDonald would make sense to add some experience. Assuming Bielik goes out on loan, we probably need a short term CDM option as well. One of Johnson and Huddlestone would make sense, but not both.

I think, other than the ones that have left, it's been very quiet on outgoings.

Usually get rumblings of interest in players out of contract, but I would have expected to have heard more about Bielik, Bird, Knight and Sibley, even if it's lower end Championship teams. That said, I wonder if we'll hear more now, given we're out of administration?

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I'm hopeful that there'll be a lot of activity regarding the signing of players old and new over the weekend. Resulting in a full squad of players, eager to get stuck into training at Moor Farm Monday morning. Because with just a week before our first game, they'll need all the time they can get on the training ground.

i was moaning in the chester thread but I do hope we don’t go down the route of players on huge wages. I know we have slim pickings but we need forward planning not chasing short term result with a team full of 35 year olds

we will get found out very quickly if that’s the case as younger more athletic teams trump us

and just feels a relief to be moaning about football

I honestly think as time goes by we may become a bit disappointed and underwhelmed as the reality kicks in.

to summarise…. Weve just lost louis watson to luton… let that sink in.

a lad whos played at about 15 times still has a lot to learn has been drawn away from us cos he sees a greater opportunity and probably more money at luton town.

i hope like many have already said we dont end up filling the squad with aging journymen whos legs have gone. But then again perhaps thats all we can get atm.

we’re restricted with wages and so any semi decent young talent we have our eye on (eg watson) may be drawn to the champ if offered the chance.

Its going to be a real test for the club 

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

With Hutchinson, Watson and Ravel leaving I think we’re two centre mids short. If true, I think Hourihane and McDonald would make sense to add some experience. Assuming Bielik goes out on loan, we probably need a short term CDM option as well. One of Johnson and Huddlestone would make sense, but not both.

I think wages would deem we dont have a cat in hells chance of either

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

When do we think the first signing either new signing or a contract renewal will be announced?

Davies , Forsyth and stearman- possibly today more like Monday 

barkhuizen, Chester and hourihane- Monday 

Mendez- Laing = on trial probably plays against Bradford