POLL: How have you traditionally shown your support for Derby County?

Mostyn6

How do you show your support? (be truthful, it's anonymous)  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thinking back to the changes from GSE to Morris and how the change in management and style, and ultimately results, saw a sharp increase in attendances. I think we went from an average of 23k in 2012/13 to 29k two season later. A nice jump of 6k doesn't sound much, but it's over 25%.

From Derby fans I actually know, there was a mixture of fans who stayed away cos of GSE, stayed away cos of Clough, stayed away cos of the football/results, and some that weren't really that committed and did other things instead.

So leading into next season, and sorry B4, it appears we are going to be relegated, do we think the league we are in will see a further drop in attendance?

Good poll.

Think you need two more categories though: (1) Goes to most away games; (2) Goes to literally ever single game regardless.

@angieram, @B4ev6is, (myself!), etc, would be in Category 1.

Mick Derby, Nick Webster, etc, in Category 2. Pretty sure Mick Derby has gone to pretty much every single game, home and away, for decades. That's a level above your average season ticket holder and those that go to most away games.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Think you need two more categories: (1) Goes to most away games; (2) Goes to literally ever single game regardless.

Pretty sure Mick Derby has gone to pretty much every single game, home and away, for decades. That's a level above your average season ticket holder and those that go to most away games.

I could have but attending away games doesn't really make the club money and counts as the opponent's attendance. This was triggered by my thinking GSE had to invest more money by comparison to MM due to 6k difference in attendance. So away attendance, whilst mentally supporting the club, wasn't relevant to what I was asking.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I could have but attending away games doesn't really make the club money and counts as the opponent's attendance. This was triggered by my thinking GSE had to invest more money by comparison to MM due to 6k difference in attendance. So away attendance, whilst mentally supporting the club, wasn't relevant to what I was asking.

Fair one.

7 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Surprised booing the players when we aren't 3up at half time isn't an option!

ha, you've got me! I never got past that and genuinely believe that derailed our season. 3 up against Brighton at half time and players being abused, in my opinion was unforgivable. 

Option 3 as my user name would suggest. I was a season ticket holder for 16 years before moving over here. Went to all local away games (due to monetary circumstances) and any big away games when possible. I am now a RamsTV subscriber, so "go" both home and away these days ???

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just thinking back to the changes from GSE to Morris and how the change in management and style, and ultimately results, saw a sharp increase in attendances. I think we went from an average of 23k in 2012/13 to 29k two season later. A nice jump of 6k doesn't sound much, but it's over 25%.

From Derby fans I actually know, there was a mixture of fans who stayed away cos of GSE, stayed away cos of Clough, stayed away cos of the football/results, and some that weren't really that committed and did other things instead.

So leading into next season, and sorry B4, it appears we are going to be relegated, do we think the league we are in will see a further drop in attendance?

Shouldn’t the last option be “I DON’T want to ruin the poll……….”?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Think you need two more categories though: (1) Goes to most away games; (2) Goes to literally ever single game regardless.

So you're saying people who only go to more-than-a-few-but-not-most away games a season, those who go to a couple a season, those who go to about 1 every 2-3 years just as long as there's someone willing to drive them there, and those who don't go to away games at all don't deserve a vote? ??

Anyway the poll... I'd say habitual season ticket holder, had once since 2003/4 I think (19 seasons) but I wouldn't describe myself as a die-hard supporter because I really can't be bothered getting myself to (and more importantly back from) away games.  I also have no interest in and feel very uncomfortable joining in with 'creating an atmosphere' or jumping around like a tit if we go 1-0 up after 10 minutes of a game.

My home support has never really been tested to the full because we've not yet had a run of seasons at League One level or lower in my time as a supporter. I suspect I'll continue to habitually purchase a season ticket no matter what, but we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Used to travel home and away as a student whilst living in London in the late 80's, then took both kids to quite a few away games with overnight stays in the early 2000's, now due to personal/work commitments get to about 8 games each season and watch the live tv games at home.....

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Shouldn’t the last option be “I DON’T want to ruin the poll……….”?

Not sure why the laughing emoji @Mostyn6 or am I missing something (quite likely knowing me)?. I was being serious. Isn’t this option there for people that want to see the results of the poll but don’t want to distort the voting?

I’m a season ticket holder but not a die hard. In fact I’ve become so disillusioned with football now that I haven’t been since the Barnsley game and doubt I’ll be going for the rest of the season.

It’s not the team or Rooney or the matchday experience. It’s the fact that whatever happens on the pitch is irrelevant. How can that be when it’s supposed to e a sport?
I know this type of situation has been going on for years but when it happens to your club it just takes the fun out of it.

This season has been so draining, so miserable so pointless so why bother anymore.

I may come back when football has become a fair completion again but I have no idea how that will ever work because the whole thing is based on self interest.

Fair play is just a buzz word. It means nothing on the pitch as there’s blantant cheating going on. Off the pitch it just, fundamentally, is not a fair competition forcing owners to cheat to compete.

It’s just crazy.

10 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m a season ticket holder but not a die hard. In fact I’ve become so disillusioned with football now that I haven’t been since the Barnsley game and doubt I’ll be going for the rest of the season.

It’s not the team or Rooney or the matchday experience. It’s the fact that whatever happens on the pitch is irrelevant. How can that be when it’s supposed to e a sport?
I know this type of situation has been going on for years but when it happens to your club it just takes the fun out of it.

This season has been so draining, so miserable so pointless so why bother anymore.

I may come back when football has become a fair completion again but I have no idea how that will ever work because the whole thing is based on self interest.

Fair play is just a buzz word. It means nothing on the pitch as there’s blantant cheating going on. Off the pitch it just, fundamentally, is not a fair competition forcing owners to cheat to compete.

It’s just crazy.

While I respect your experience, I  think this season has been anything but "draining", "miserable", or "pointless" on the pitch. The pride I've felt when the lads have given absolutely everything has been huge.

Even if we do go down, this team will be one that will stick in the memory for a long time. For me, that's the opposite of pointless.

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

While I respect your experience, I  think this season has been anything but "draining", "miserable", or "pointless" on the pitch. The pride I've felt when the lads have given absolutely everything has been huge.

Even if we do go down, this team will be one that will stick in the memory for a long time. For me, that's the opposite of pointless.

I agree. This has been one of the most inspiring seasons I can remember. Genuinely enjoyable on the pitch, not so off it. I’ve never tuned in to Radio Derby so much at 6pm. Never been so worried about the future of the club. 
I do think that the attendances will fall away with L1 - we got used to 17k and less when we were there before - and I think that the manager’s challenge to find and then build into a team about 15/20 new players will make us less competitive at the start of next season - think Jim Smith’s first 15/20 games.  What we do after that will be important, from Christmas on.

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t disagree about the efforts on the pitch. I just feel it’s become irrelevant. So I think to myself “ how can the outcome of a game of football be irrelevant” and it’s when the efforts are overshadowed by outside factors.

Football is broken it’s fundamentally unfair and as such has lost the very essence of what drew me in the first place. 
I’ve done the blindly follow but this season my eyes have been opened and I’m dismayed by what I see.