A live comedy thread

TuffLuff

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Saw Gary last December. He's just gag after gag at a fast lick, along the lines of Tim Vine, Stewart Francis etc. 

My wife and I both laughed ourselves stupid, and we have quite different tastes usually. 

I've seen his Live at the Apollo show and read his book Gary in Punderland which is all one-liners, so I know what's coming (fnar fnar).

over 32,000 in front of me on ticketmaster.
Not even getting through on Seetickets.  On a holding page that keeps auto-refreshing every 20 seconds.

Was something like #120 on the Gumpsville Motorpoint arena's own website... 4 tickets all sorted by 10:07!  BOOM!!!

Peter Kay better not bloody cancel on us again, like last time!

WOOOHOOOO!   

EDIT:

Just tried again (just for giggles) for Feb 2024, at Sheffield (New added dates?).

I had 157,000 ahead of me!  I left!  ?

Muckerette's just informed me hers is now showing 162k!  

Peter Kay is massive, everywhere he goes... 

Edited by Mucker1884

Actually... having bagged 4 tickets this morning, just like I did last time... but he then went an cancelled on us!  

I've a good mind to just not turn up, so he has a couple of empty seats, and can't claim the "Fully Sold Out" high ground!  ?

Over half a million in some queues now (just for specific single date/single venue!) according to Google/Twitter.

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Actually... having bagged 4 tickets this morning, just like I did last time... but he then went an cancelled on us!  

I've a good mind to just not turn up, so he has a couple of empty seats, and can't claim the "Fully Sold Out" high ground!  ?

Over half a million in some queues now (just for specific single date/single venue!) according to Google/Twitter.

Like you we had tickets for the cancelled tour. Had AXS, Gigs and Tours and Ticketmaster open in queues. AXS went down so very quickly compared to the rest so we got 3 we wanted at O2 in March. Issue is people buying to resell snd letting people buy 10! Must be something they can do about resales with modern tech. No different to those buying our away tickets to sell on though

I've got a new name for his tour - it's The Peter Kay 'You Can Stick Your Ticket Sales Up Your Bum' Tour.....

I was just over 5000 in the queue for Nottingham - an hout later when I was finally allowed onto the site, they had the odd single seat left. I know folk like to go in groups, but letting people buy 10 tickets each has screwed those of us that only wanted a couple - and the resellers are already listing plenty of tickets, so it suggests that lots are buying way more than they need to make a profit......

• 1 month later...
On 18/11/2022 at 11:26, Rev said:

Just snaffled two tickets for Jim Jefferies next March. 

I hope he's still as sharp as the last time I saw him.

Seen him 7 times. The first was at the seedy Apollo in Orlando and it was more than half empty. He sold out every time after that as it was his satan/god tour that then went viral. 

We are driving up for the Sheffield gig in March, is that the one you're going to? 

Got front row tickets for Jimmy Carr in August at the brilliant Hall for Cornwall this morning. Saw him a year or so ago but its advertised as all new material and it's my favourite UK venue.  

• 2 months later...

If you’re in or around Liverpool, can recommend Hot Water Comedy Club.

During the week it’s basically free to get in, you have 2 options, pay a fiver to guarantee entry, or sign up for a free ticket and they let the first 120 I think it is people in (minus any guaranteed purchases).

We went 2 nights running for free.

1 hour ago, David said:

If you’re in or around Liverpool, can recommend Hot Water Comedy Club.

During the week it’s basically free to get in, you have 2 options, pay a fiver to guarantee entry, or sign up for a free ticket and they let the first 120 I think it is people in (minus any guaranteed purchases).

We went 2 nights running for free.

Was Paul Smith there or is he on tour still?

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Was Paul Smith there or is he on tour still?

He wasn’t unfortunately, we went during the week, think it’s Sunday to Thursday where it’s free and £15 or £18 at a weekend where you will see the likes of Paul Smith.

Got to be careful here as you can’t say anything these days without being labelled something, this will have me labelled as sexist but here goes…..I haven’t come across a female comedian that has made me laugh…..until I went here.

Kay Nicholson was on, by far the best we saw. Looked her up on YouTube and not much out there as she’s relatively new to the scene, the stuff out there was when she was getting started, a little raw and didn’t pop like it did when we was there. 

Will be surprised if she doesn’t become more mainstream and seen on TV over the coming years. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

He wasn’t unfortunately, we went during the week, think it’s Sunday to Thursday where it’s free and £15 or £18 at a weekend where you will see the likes of Paul Smith.

Got to be careful here as you can’t say anything these days without being labelled something, this will have me labelled as sexist but here goes…..I haven’t come across a female comedian that has made me laugh…..until I went here.

Kay Nicholson was on, by far the best we saw. Looked her up on YouTube and not much out there as she’s relatively new to the scene, the stuff out there was when she was getting started, a little raw and didn’t pop like it did when we was there. 

Will be surprised if she doesn’t become more mainstream and seen on TV over the coming years. 

Yeah I feel the same with female comedians. Aisling Bea is easily my favourite. But for some popular ones like Sarah Milican(?) I guess we aren't the target audience. 

I don't get how people can watch Rosie Jones. See a lot of her but I don't find anything she says funny? 

Have to keep an eye out for her. I follow the Hot Water club on YouTube so maybe she'll have some good stuff posted soon

14 hours ago, Rev said:

Jim Jefferies still on top form. 

I was a bit worried after his latest Netflix special, but he's still got the edge, and the ability to tiptoe over it occasionally. 

I agree, I was a tad concerned. Even though I didn't see his last Netflix in case some stuff was carried over into the UK i hadn't heard great things.

I thought he was outstanding as did Mrs Badger and our friends.

I quite like Glenn Wool too. Reminded me of a very course Jim Gaffigan.

A great night all around although the day was marred somewhat by my first trip to PP this season earlier in the day ?

Next up is Frankie Boyle a week tomorrow and then nothing planned until Jimmy Carr comes to Truro in the summer.

I love live stand up comedy. This year I have tickets for Nikki Glaser (first time live), Peter Kay (first time live) and Sarah Millican (seen her live 3 times before, always brilliant).

Over the years I’ve seen too many to mention but loved Reeves and Mortimer, Newman and Baddiel, Frank Skinner and Fern Brady to name a few.

Been to many a Funhouse Comedy night at the Old Bell in Derby too, always a good laugh and have found the compare and at least 2 of the 3 acts to be worth seeing.

On my wish list Taylor Tomlinson.