World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ah ok - I had a delivery come and missed the first bit of added time. Thought it was weird.

But generally they do seem to be adding on more than double the time we're used to seeing in domestic football don't they?

Seems like it's a thing to discourage time-wasting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63710986

I'm all for that, but I think they should make the time being added more transparent as the game progresses - that would help fans and players I think. Nothing like that horrible moment when you're doggedly defending a 1-0 lead and you get to 90 mins and the board flashes up 5 added minutes (or in the case of this WC - 15 added minutes ?)

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Seems like it's a thing to discourage time-wasting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63710986

I'm all for that, but I think they should make the time being added more transparent as the game progresses - that would help fans and players I think. Nothing like that horrible moment when you're doggedly defending a 1-0 lead and you get to 90 mins and the board flashes up 5 added minutes (or in the case of this WC - 15 added minutes ?)

Horrible moment?  Horrible?  How dare you!

@ronbrooks
#rbt
#toyota
#the ronster
#ronnie who?

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I think this Argentina team is a bit past its best and is in severe need of some rebuilding work

Good job they have to play Poland next and can get some cheap quotes 

It's a bit chilly for a fishing expedition. 

Memo to co-commentators... so often ex-footballers, although I strongly suspect that is purely coincidental! ?

Argentina:  The Country

Argentinian:  The people

Argentinia:  Some flies apparently, but in a World Cup context, it's just a made up word, which makes the narrator look simple and uneducated.  (See... I told you it was coincidental!)  ?

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Memo to co-commentators... so often ex-footballers, although I strongly suspect that is purely coincidental! ?

Argentina:  The Country

Argentinian:  The people

Argentinia:  Some flies apparently, but in a World Cup context, it's just a made up word, which makes the narrator look simple and uneducated.  (See... I told you it was coincidental!)  ?

John Hartson would cure insomnia Excited The Child GIF by Disney+