World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

How about that, got a result when few would have given us a chance.   Not only that we could have won it  ?

Scores and results against the English are usually favorable.    Too young to remember the Belo Horizonte / Gaetjens game but after that, a win in the '93 Boston event / tour you took part of, and draw at the World Cup a year or two back when your goalkeeper made an error or sorts.     Yesterday was another encouraging score, but a certain regret remains the opportunity were there to win it such were the poor performance of our opponents.

Being impartial for one moment it's true to say the real objective here is seeing Derby and Ipswich getting a promotion out of the domestic league and a good F.A. Cup run with it.    We're both on course for it although the season still has a distance to run.    Both playing non-league teams this weekend if correct, and both expected to make it through.    

Going to forget about any damn World Cup for a day or two and focus purely on own club endeavors.     Got to realize that's where the real glory's at.     Wish you well for the Newport game, sincerely, no malice or snide remark.    See you in the Third Round OK.   

Looks like I may finally get to watch a full game at this World Cup as I’ve got a free afternoon.

And it’s Mexico vs Argentina.

I can’t wait.

Pressure is on. If Argentina lose they are out. If Mexico lose they will need to beat Saudi Arabia, and probably by a few goals, to stand a chance.

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result for Mexico as then any win against Saudi Arabia puts them through. I think they would have taken that at the start of the World Cup.

A draw for Argentina would mean they would need to beat Poland by two goals to go through on GD.

This feels like the biggest game of the World Cup to date.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Awww its ok buddy, the mask slipped and you got called out on it.

We move on.

So you've slagged off Lycett as a self-promoter and poured scorn on his motives without even watching the Twitter video on which you've formed your opinion! So you don't know what he actually said, how he said it, the tone, the context or anything else for that matter. Hmmm...

Even more weirdly, apparently you could discern ALL of the above from seeing him once on TV, but you somehow failed to notice that the lad's a tad camp from the very same clip? 

Yeah, it's deffo  @Stive Pesley whose mask has slipped ?

giphy.gif

I bet Ronaldo isn’t enjoying Mbappe’s run of goals. He has over 30 for France now and he is still only 23.

It’s looking increasingly like Haaland will take his CL goals record and Mbappe his international record given how both can pad out their records with numerous games these days against average opposition.

Then again, that’s only Ronaldo has done, pad out scoring records against crap teams.

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I bet Ronaldo isn’t enjoying Mbappe’s run of goals. He has over 30 for France now and he is still only 23.

It’s looking increasingly like Haaland will take his CL goals record and Mbappe his international record given how both can pad out their records with numerous games these days against average opposition.

Then again, that’s only Ronaldo has done, pad out scoring records against crap teams.

Once took a terrible dive (surprise, surprise) to get a penalty against us.

54 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mexicans regularly create among the best atmospheres at a World Cup.

They are the sort of side who would never win it, but they have it in them to beat anybody in the world.

they’re co-hosting the next one. Would hate to have to play them in Mexico City in July!

3 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

they’re co-hosting the next one. Would hate to have to play them in Mexico City in July!

I’m going to go to a game for sure in Guadalajara. Unfortunately it will probably be a duffer like Morocco v Australia but I’ll go to one.