World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

Well it’s the weirdest World Cup for sure! We play on domestically and the leaves are dropping. I expected a 1-0 with my slightly cynical England head. That was such a pleasant surprise. Until we scored I thought it would be a game of attrition. Some lovely goals, looking good. Hats off to Mr Southgate, I haven’t been a fan but he does seem a very pleasant chap and all round congratulations! Over to you Mr Diamond! 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's the inconsistency that is frustrating.

Whilst only the slightest of tugs it clearly looked like the Iran player did have his shirt pulled so no complaints. But how come the far clearer bear hug on Maguire wasn't spotted?

It so happens that the new England shirts are a mix of Nylon and Velcro, The Iranian player has very hairy arms and couldn't get away from the shirt

Just now, David said:

Was only £270 cash out or something I heard. That's a lot of money to walk away from when I'm guessing he must have stuck a lot on 

Wow at that stage in proceedings I was presuming around £800 or something. That is interesting. You're right it's always so tempting to hang in there, waiting for the update to offer you more. I'm grateful Sky nowadays has their "pay out if the margin gets to 2 goals" option.

1 minute ago, David said:

Was only £270 cash out or something I heard. That's a lot of money to walk away from when I'm guessing he must have stuck a lot on 

Always take the profit.

Anyhow, good stuff from England today against an uncharacteristically ragtag Iran. Bellingham looks the complete midfielder.

Bring on the next game!

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

….. a bad one and get hammered with any luck.

Before anyone gets defensive, most Welsh fans would support North Korea before us.

The only time the two sets fans became 'friendly' was when they were all getting battered by Russian paramilitaries in France a few years back. 

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Noticable how the authorities had seated the majortity of the fans opposite the cameras - when they showed the opposite side of the pitch during the goalkeepers injury treatment there were huge swathes of empty seats.....

Crowd was about 40,000 odd in a 68,000 seater