Best Guitar Solo

Coneheadjohn

Another utter belter...

Judas Priest - "Run Of The Mill" (K K Downing)

I fell in love with this band upon hearing this song back in 1974. Of course, Priest are synonymous with the voice of one of the greatest metal front men of all time, the legendary Rob Halford. This is still, overall, my all-time favourite song by anybody ever.

7 hours ago, ramit said:

Darn you @Coneheadjohn

Been sulking for over a week and was planning to punish the forum much longer with the absence of my unique irreplaceable presence and then you had to go and start a thread like this.

Eric Stewart

The solo is at the end and it's a doozy

If you want to Feel the Benefit of Gouldman's bass solo too here is the live version (bass solo from 9 mins in)

The clip of While my guitar gently weeps was just amazing for lots of reasons, but mainly for Dhani Harrison looking like a reincarnation of his wonderful dad and for the performance of Prince. I had no idea he was such a brilliant musician! Shame on me. Someone said that he looked as if he was conjuring up spirits with his playing and the showmanship! Everything about his performance was breathtaking including the disappearance of his guitar. I think his hat must have been glued on! Thanks for this brilliant thread.

Check out Yes - 'Clap' written and performed by Steve Howe.

Not sure how to post the connection but it's an incredible performance from one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

Can any kind and knowledgeable soul put the video on here for me? Thanks!!

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Thanks very much, Andy!

There are also 'live' videos on Youtube, one of which was Steve performing this in 1972 in which he is obviously young and then another one in 2008, where his hair is long and silver and he looks more like a wizard from Lord of the Rings!

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Another utter belter...

Judas Priest - "Run Of The Mill" (K K Downing)

I fell in love with this band upon hearing this song back in 1974. Of course, Priest are synonymous with the voice of one of the greatest metal front men of all time, the legendary Rob Halford. This is still, overall, my all-time favourite song by anybody ever.

Live Priest and I didn’t know this track…cheers.