The Ukraine War

Day

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Some legitimate points raised here IMO.

One of the suspected attackers, if the translation is correct, claims to have been approached on Telegram and that he did this for money.  That is not ISIS like.

Lots of questions, some perhaps may be answered in the coming days.

It must have been a significant amount of money in order tempt someone to commit an act of terrorism in a country like Russia where the chances of getting out alive and escaping would have been close to zero. They would also have known that, even if they got away from the scene of the attack, the fate that would await them if they got caught would be somewhat less than pleasant.

4 hours ago, ramit said:

Some legitimate points raised here IMO.

One of the suspected attackers, if the translation is correct, claims to have been approached on Telegram and that he did this for money.  That is not ISIS like.

Lots of questions, some perhaps may be answered in the coming days.

Olga suggests that all global terrorism originates from the US.  All of it?  

I think she maybe somewhat biased...  

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

Olga suggests that all global terrorism originates from the US.  All of it?  

I think she maybe somewhat biased...  

I like your choice of wording - somewhat- yes fair point

Edited by ramit
wording

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It must have been a significant amount of money in order tempt someone to commit an act of terrorism in a country like Russia where the chances of getting out alive and escaping would have been close to zero. They would also have known that, even if they got away from the scene of the attack, the fate that would await them if they got caught would be somewhat less than pleasant.

One would indeed think so, yet the reported amount is around ten thousand dollars worth, or a million rubles.

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

One would indeed think so, yet the reported amount is around ten thousand dollars worth, or a million rubles.

Maybe it’s true maybe it’s not. We’ll probably really never know but it’s quite convenient for Russia if this individual is claiming he was offered money by someone connected to Ukraine (if that’s part of the claim). If I was in custody in Russia it wouldn’t take much for me to agree to say what they wanted me to.

It isn’t how ISIS operate but it would also be a massive PR failure by Ukraine if they were behind the attack. Why would they want to kill innocent civilians and do anything that might strengthen the resolve of the Russian people resulting in more support for Putin? I guess the argument could be that they wanted to bring the conflict closer to home for the Russian population and cause more of them to call for an end but I don’t see it personally. 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

The absolute state of this Olga characters Twitter feed. 

The further you go the more rancid it gets!

Yep. Anyone on here quoting that account as a legitimate source certainly has a devilish sense of humour...

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

Yep. Anyone on here quoting that account as a legitimate source certainly has a devilish sense of humour...

That was uncalled for.  I see nothing funny about this abominable act of barbarism on civilians.

I don't much care who raises valid points, I know nothing of this Olga, am only interested in these points raised.

1. ISIS terrorists, from the get go, consider themselves to be martyrs, accepting death as the final outcome for themselves, thus they are prepared to go in with the one way ticket and the main purpose to kill as many civilians as possible and not make cleaning the crime scenes and escape their priority.

2. The US pointing their finger towards ISIS, while simultaneously and immediately claiming no Ukrainian involvement in this terror attack, while Ukrainian special services immediately claiming a "false flag". I'm going to leave this one here for now.

3. Quite curious that the terrorists were escaping in the direction of Ukraine.

24 minutes ago, ramit said:

That was uncalled for.  I see nothing funny about this abominable act of barbarism on civilians.

I don't much care who raises valid points, I know nothing of this Olga, am only interested in these points raised. A cursory flick through "her" timeline might have given you a clue that she's quite possibly prone to posting pro-Moscow disinformation.

1. ISIS terrorists, from the get go, consider themselves to be martyrs, accepting death as the final outcome for themselves, thus they are prepared to go in with the one way ticket and the main purpose to kill as many civilians as possible and not make cleaning the crime scenes and escape their priority.

It was pretty much a suicide mission don't you think? Official IS affiliates claimed responsibility also.

2. The US pointing their finger towards ISIS, while simultaneously and immediately claiming no Ukrainian involvement in this terror attack, while Ukrainian special services immediately claiming a "false flag". I'm going to leave this one here for now.

The US warned Moscow of the threat of a terrorist attack recently. Putin laughed it off.

3. Quite curious that the terrorists were escaping in the direction of Ukraine.

Other reports confirmed they were captured heading towards Byelorus.

Seriously, posting up unsubstantiated claims from questionable sources without analysis or due warnings is a banning offence on many forums. 

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

Seriously, posting up unsubstantiated claims from questionable sources without analysis or due warnings is a banning offence on many forums. 

Until facts have been proven, your points are unsubstantiated also, fella.  Seriously give it a rest.

30 minutes ago, Crewton said:

As unsavory as some of these links are, I’d rather they stay up……..obviously forum owners/moderators have a line they can’t cross and that is their right. 

It gives us an insight into the people that post them, the places they visit to get their information and why they are  posting it.

Id urge people to take a good long look at that Twitter feed and think about what these “questions” are aiming to achieve.

Context is vital!

Edited by Ramarena

8 hours ago, Ramarena said:

As unsavory as some of these links are, I’d rather they stay up……..obviously forum owners/moderators have a line they can’t cross and that is their right. 

It gives us an insight into the people that post them, the places they visit to get their information and why they are  posting it.

Id urge people to take a good long look at that Twitter feed and think about what these “questions” are aiming to achieve.

Context is vital!

Oh boy, am I on some list of dangerous individuals now, because I stray from getting all my info from the dubious MSM supply?  Every news outlet, tweeter and commenter is questionable, pro western and pro Russian alike.  Often the truth lies somewhere in between the opposing views, I have found.  It is important to ask questions and in my opinion dangerous not to.

I´d urge folks to question everything, use discernment and critical thinking and not allow any side to bully them into submission for not automatically joining a choir.

I am not convinced this atrocity was committed by ISIS, that's why I posted that tweet.  I also am beginning to doubt that the suspects are of clear enough minds to have pulled this off without some serious help.  They seem borderline mentally challenged, severely uneducated at the very least.  Something is very fishy about this whole thing.

33 minutes ago, ramit said:

Oh boy, am I on some list of dangerous individuals now, because I stray from getting all my info from the dubious MSM supply?  Every news outlet, tweeter and commenter is questionable, pro western and pro Russian alike.  Often the truth lies somewhere in between the opposing views, I have found.  It is important to ask questions and in my opinion dangerous not to.

I´d urge folks to question everything, use discernment and critical thinking and not allow any side to bully them into submission for not automatically joining a choir.

I am not convinced this atrocity was committed by ISIS, that's why I posted that tweet.  I also am beginning to doubt that the suspects are of clear enough minds to have pulled this off without some serious help.  They seem borderline mentally challenged, severely uneducated at the very least.  Something is very fishy about this whole thing.

Odd response 

8 hours ago, ramit said:

Until facts have been proven, your points are unsubstantiated also, fella.  Seriously give it a rest.

"Some legitimate points raised here IMO"

That was your only comment about the Twitter/X post that you posted up on here. By doing so, you gave it legitimacy and helped to spread the message wider and, whilst this is a restricted forum, I believe that's problematic.

So maybe you should reflect on how you present alternative viewpoints on here or, better still, "give it a rest".

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

"Some legitimate points raised here IMO"

That was your only comment about the Twitter/X post that you posted up on here. By doing so, you gave it legitimacy and helped to spread the message wider and, whilst this is a restricted forum, I believe that's problematic.

So maybe you should reflect on how you present alternative viewpoints on here or, better still, "give it a rest".

What part of IMO do you not understand?  I have every right to my opinion, it doesn't mean it's correct or that you will agree with it.  I will consider any point, or opinion legitimate that I please, how do you like that, eh?  I will also change my mind as suits me and visit any news outlet I want to, without asking your approval.  Are you seething yet?

Edited by ramit
Wording

30 minutes ago, ramit said:

What part of IMO do you not understand?  I have every right to my opinion, it doesn't mean it's correct or that you will agree with it.  I will consider any point, or opinion legitimate that I please, how do you like that, eh?  I will also change my mind as suits me and visit any news outlet I want to, without asking your approval.  Are you seething yet?

So you agreed with everything in that Twitter post then - is that what we were supposed to assume?

Do what you like in your own life, believe what you want, question everything, read any news sites or X accounts that appeal to you - neither I nor any other poster has stated that you shouldn't do that. What I and others have said or suggested to you is that reposting things that you think are legitimate without comment or context leave you open to accusations of pushing disinformation or "sockpuppetry" as it's colloquially known.

If you're happy to be regarded as such, there's nothing to stop you unless a mod decides you've broken forum rules. But I can't quite work out if you're being naïve or disingenuous in your posts here because your responses are often quite bizarre.

40 minutes ago, Crewton said:

My only surprise so far in Moscow's response is that the suspects weren't killed "whilst escaping" and dressed up in Azov Regiment uniforms.

They've missed a trick there.

I mean if you’re into conspiracy theories then the obvious one is, how in a country that cracks down on dissent in such a draconian manner (as we saw with the Navalny memorials), can a group of terrorists spend as long as they did, doing what they did, with absolutely no response from the state. A state that had been warned of terrorist attacks at this kind of event a couple of days before?

There was no one even there to martyr these guys!

They even almost made it to the Belorussian border.

Strange that that wouldn’t be the first question that people would have.