Gratitude

twelveincher

I do think, once all this blows over, there needs to be some sort of memorial that celebrates the people of Derby.

Maybe on Brian Clough Way as you approach Derby, a huge billboard/Sign with the words "Our City, Our Club" or something like that.

Just something that celebrates the fact the people of Derby rallied round and saved our club and to show anyone entering Our City, this and the club belongs to the people.

2 hours ago, twelveincher said:

Two weeks ago I was resigned to liquidation. In the past few days we’ve been give a glimmer of hope. 
In the event that we are saved, how can we give our gratitude to those who have stepped up to the plate and fought for the club? John Forkin, Dame Margaret Beckett etc 

I know people may be reluctant to praise or thank an MP, but you’d appreciate some of the work going in to the fight if you saw the half arsed sort of response I got from my own MP.

A flag? A plaque at the ground? The number 9 shirt next season?

I’ve written thank you letters already to Beckett, Daly, Perkins and others.

A few South Stand songs ? “1 Maggie Beckett, there’s only 1 …” etc 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I do think, once all this blows over, there needs to be some sort of memorial that celebrates the people of Derby.

Maybe on Brian Clough Way as you approach Derby, a huge billboard/Sign with the words "Our City, Our Club" or something like that.

Just something that celebrates the fact the people of Derby rallied round and saved our club and to show anyone entering Our City, this and the club belongs to the people.

Lots of us aren’t from Derby.

42 minutes ago, SuffolkRam said:

Bringing my eldest lad up for the game, thing is I haven’t been up for a couple of years wondering where the best parking is.  years ago just used to park on the fireplace showroom car park, then at the arena.  Looks like pre-booking is needed for near the stadium now?

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I hope this is true and the administrators contact them all, as surley this would be massive help on the clubs cash flow?

6 hours ago,  SuffolkRam said: 

Bringing my eldest lad up for the game, thing is I haven’t been up for a couple of years wondering where the best parking is.  years ago just used to park on the fireplace showroom car park, then at the arena.  Looks like pre-booking is needed for near the stadium now?

@SuffolkRamThere are places to park off the big main roundabout by the stadium. They tend to be around £6; there’s the storage  warehouse place and quite a few others but you need to get there 1.5 hours before ko as they fill up quickly. Also getting away can be tricky. Fireplace centre no longer exists.

F5597311-1DE7-4DD9-9DB2-9190B4DB1B64.png

Edited by Ellafella

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've started by putting signs around Derby, Now walking down the A52 towards the dark side, Lots of cars are beeping, Not in support as i'm walking in the middle of the road.

image.png.1ad6b97b56e62af6e76535c230406a83.png