Happy Birthday Bobby Zamora

Ellafella

To be fair (not that they deserve it etc), they do regularly tweet happy birthday to EFL former/current players from that account, and they have tweeted that specific video several times in the last 18 months (mostly around the playoff final date), so it's almost certainly an unfortunate coincidence. Their social media person just looking for random content to post and re-using a video they already have access to.

I certainly think it's very unlikely that the people that may or may not have a vendetta against us are actively running their Twitter feed.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

To be fair (not that they deserve it etc), they do regularly tweet happy birthday to EFL former/current players from that account, and they have tweeted that specific video several times in the last 18 months (mostly around the playoff final date), so it's almost certainly an unfortunate coincidence. Their social media person just looking for random content to post and re-using a video they already have access to.

I certainly think it's very unlikely that the people that may or may not have a vendetta against us are actively running their Twitter feed.

Or taking the opportunity to rub salt into wounds! It's not like it's a goal of the season contender is it.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We’ve made such good progress over the last couple of days. If we start making a big deal out of this we’re going to be laughed out of the room.

I disagree to be honest.  Most people looking at twitter and  scanning  ******** media stories see admin, courts Derby cheated and ignore the actual story behind it.  This kind of thing brings people round to your way of thinking at the most basic level. It takes no research. Use it as much as possible

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I disagree to be honest.  Most people looking at twitter and  scanning  ******** media stories see admin, courts Derby cheated and ignore the actual story behind it.  This kind of thing brings people round to your way of thinking at the most basic level. It takes no research. Use it as much as possible

If it was obviously malicious, yes.

But I honestly don’t think it was. Rick Parry’s not exactly going to be manning the Twitter account is he.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We’ve made such good progress over the last couple of days. If we start making a big deal out of this we’re going to be laughed out of the room.

I'm not suggesting we should "...making a big deal out of this". It's at best simply indicative of the inappropriate, unprofessional and puerile culture abroad at the EFL at present and indicative of their attitude to Derby County.  

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If it was obviously malicious, yes.

But I honestly don’t think it was. Rick Parry’s not exactly going to be manning the Twitter account is he.

Rick Parry, no, but isn't it possible, even probable, that showing that goal against us by a club that blew FFP out of the water to get promoted at our expense stems from a culture in which Derby County are detested, and that the person who did post it is engaged in that culture?

4 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Rick Parry, no, but isn't it possible, even probable, that showing that goal against us by a club that blew FFP out of the water to get promoted at our expense stems from a culture in which Derby County are detested, and that the person who did post it is engaged in that culture?

Nah. Far more likely that they were tweeting about one of the most famous moments in Championship history because it was the birthday of the person involved.

11 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Absolutely spot on. That is the very point. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit disingenuous.  Not hand wringing .  Utilise all tools even if it causes a headache.   

Why use a tool if it weakens the argument? If we're calling something targeted when it clearly isn't, that just dilutes our point.

Our opportunities to get our points out into the mainstream are so limited. It's absolutely vital that we pitch it right when we get the chance. @Norman's idea is a great one, and I hope this particular incident is left off the list.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

I think the point is they deleted. They deleted because they know it directly shows why we had and have every right to be just as aggrieved, if not more so, by clubs breaking ffp. It’s not just bad timing or I’ll advised, it’s making our point for us. So they’ve had to take it down before too many neutrals get reminded that boro aren’t the only ones to suffer an injustice in recent times (and not are we for that matter).

In this case, it’s like they’re celebrating that injustice. They wouldn’t have meant it like that, but they’ve very quickly seen that that is the implication, so they’ve taken it down. They wouldn’t have taken it down if they didn’t realise it was a very dangerous tweet for them.