Happy Birthday Bobby Zamora

Ellafella

None story.

Or are the clips of his performance against Boro within the Mason Mount compilation plucked from their portfolio of evidence against us, seeing as it's the season Gibson is complaining about and the influence he had on that season is compelling.....

Wven  Waghorn had an assist in it!

Edited by Rich84
Typo

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

All in the last two weeks. If this doesn't change your mind, @Ellafella, I don't know what will. Let's focus on the more important issues.

I thought you were a student of Law @DarkFruitsRam7? Read between the lines. Nobody is denying they wish happy birthday to players and they do this frequently. BUT in this case they wish happy birthday to a player who scored a goal in a famous play off final for a team that blatantly flouted the rules, went pretty much unpunished on a day after his birthday as a subtle (yes not so subtle) dig at a Club who are now being screwed by their own organisation. I'd say that is a very clear understanding and appraisal of it an d indicative of a culture of poohousery. I'll leave you to dwell on that. The fact that the tweet was deleted the day after also speaks volumes. Let's leave it there @DarkFruitsRam7. Good luck with your studies!    

Just now, TigerTedd said:

I think the point is they deleted. They deleted because they know it directly shows why we had and have every right to be just as aggrieved, if not more so, by clubs breaking ffp. It’s not just bad timing or I’ll advised, it’s making our point for us. So they’ve had to take it down before too many neutrals get reminded that boro aren’t the only ones to suffer an injustice in recent times (and not are we for that matter).

In this case, it’s like they’re celebrating that injustice. They wouldn’t have meant it like that, but they’ve very quickly seen that that is the implication, so they’ve taken it down. They wouldn’t have taken it down if they didn’t realise it was a very dangerous tweet for them. 

I'm all for making this point. Just not the idea that the tweet itself was malicious.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why use a tool if it weakens the argument? If we're calling something targeted when it clearly isn't, that just dilutes our point.

Our opportunities to get our points out into the mainstream are so limited. It's absolutely vital that we pitch it right when we get the chance. @Norman's idea is a great one, and I hope this particular incident is left off the list.

It doesn't weaken anything.  It makes your baseline supporter with little interest come round to your way of thinking.  The fact it's gone indicates the EFL think that as well.

Just now, Ellafella said:

I thought you were a student of Law @DarkFruitsRam7? Read between the lines. Nobody is denying they wish happy birthday to players and they do this frequently. BUT in this case they wish happy birthday to a player who scored a goal in a famous play off final for a team that blatantly flouted the rules, went pretty much unpunished on a day after his birthday as a subtle (yes not so subtle) dig at a Club who are now being screwed by their own organisation. I'd say that is a very clear understanding and appraisal of it an d indicative of a culture of poohousery. I'll leave you to dwell on that. The fact that the tweet was deleted the day after also speaks volumes. Let's leave it there @DarkFruitsRam7. Good luck with your studies!    

The point about the context of QPR's rule-breaking is fine. I just strongly disagree that the tweet was a deliberate dig at the club.

I think a lot of people might be wising up to the way Derby have been treated by the EFL, some of that might be through perusing this forum.

If I was a neutral, and had a scan of a forum, and saw a set of fans using a tweet from the EFL, wishing a former EFL player a happy birthday, with a clip of one of the most famous goals in EFL history, scored by him, as reason they were being mistreated, I think it would make me think they might be egging up the extent to which they are wronged.

Forget any context about it, it looks daft. A silly, ill thought out tweet by an intern who probably doesn’t know the back story. Swiftly deleted as it will have been pointed out to them by many Derby fans, and probably their boss, that the context isn’t great this week of all weeks.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The point about the context of QPR's rule-breaking is fine. I just strongly disagree that the tweet was a deliberate dig at the club.

Absolutely, it was almost certainly a mistake, but the EFL have taken it down because they know that it would show them in a very negative light. Anything negative for the EFL is positive for us. 

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

All in the last two weeks. If this doesn't change your mind, @Ellafella, I don't know what will. Let's focus on the more important issues.

Hmm... So... let's look at the evidence...

Eddie Gray... Played for our most vehement enemy, during an era when such a relationship was at it's peak?  Poohouse.

Mason Mount... "Look what you could have won... if only you'd saved up.  Losers!"  Poohouse.

Herbert Chapman (RIP, Sir)... specifically went out of his way to only wear a bowler.  Never a Derby hat!  Poohouse.

Vinnie... oh Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie... he once waved his fist at me.  He's bloody lucky they had fences up back them.  Why, I would have... Poohouse.

They've done us good & proper!  Grrr.  Rage.  Seethe.  etc!

#eflpoo
#eflhouse
#eflpoohouse

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We’ve made such good progress over the last couple of days. If we start making a big deal out of this we’re going to be laughed out of the room.

I see your point and you're probably right. I'm afraid I'm just completely over all the "football family" ********. Derby absolutely deserve punishment for rule breaches, but most fans of other teams have spent the last two years repeating half truths and outright lies they read on twitter. I'm loath to celebrate just because the narrative has finally shifted in the last few days.