The Administration Thread

Boycie

Is it possible that when Appleby was front runner, Mel has decided to throw a spanner in the works by saying he won't sell the stadium to them, hence can't be named preferred bidder? Given that rush is involved with this bid, wouldn't be like Mel to throw his toys out of the pram.

Or am I too far down the rabbit hole clutching at every straw?

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Snippet from the phone-in last night because no one else seemingly picks up on these bits!

Radio Derby say they keep asking question but the administrators aren’t talking to media at this moment (and I’m not really sure as to why they would atm), so any news about the club is either being leaked or from ‘the other side’ and therefore there’s an agenda behind it. 

Much like the statement this morning, it’s a case if staying calm and hope steady movement is being made.

FWIW I thought Nixon and Percy have been a little out of order these last few days with their postings and articles. They are both good journalists but Nixon’s cryptic answers and Percy’s last couple of articles that only portray one side have not been helpful or with the best journalistic integrity imo.

I guess they are only getting their “leaks” from one side of the story. Probably don’t have an anti Derby agenda (like Daily Mail used to). They are probably messaging the administrators same as DET and RD are but getting the same result.

Not that I think it would do any good, but probably the journalists will need to go and camp out on admins offices hoping to stick a notebook/microphone in their face if they decide they MUST have some kind of response.

We (fans and journalists alike) all need to wait until they want to talk to us I guess.

1 minute ago, NI RAM said:

Is it possible that when Appleby was front runner, Mel has decided to throw a spanner in the works by saying he won't sell the stadium to them, hence can't be named preferred bidder? Given that rush is involved with this bid, wouldn't be like Mel to throw his toys out of the pram.

Incredibly unlikely in my opinion.

1 minute ago, NI RAM said:

You’re obviously determined to reveal that MM is to blame despite the admins trying quite hard to tell you in their release that he is not. Does @i-ram have two accounts on here? I thought one was quite enough ?

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I guess they are only getting their “leaks” from one side of the story. Probably don’t have an anti Derby agenda (like Daily Mail used to). They are probably messaging the administrators same as DET and RD are but getting the same result.

Not that I think it would do any good, but probably the journalists will need to go and camp out on admins offices hoping to stick a notebook/microphone in their face if they decide they MUST have some kind of response.

We (fans and journalists alike) all need to wait until they want to talk to us I guess.

Talking to the media could scupper any sort of deal, what if you say something that could be portrayed that Ashley is now in pole position, Appleby consortium drops out which lets Ashley offers less? Don’t think anybody would be happy with that 

Keep quiet, got your business sorted and let everyone else play silly buggers if you ask me

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No I made it absolutely clear who owned the ground, and that MSD had no immediate control of it, despite the constant bombardment from you and Kevin to the contrary with your thoughts on fixed charges, equity of redemption, etc. 

I have never said that Morris might not be in alignment with the Administrators or MSD or any preferred buyer. I have repeatedly stated he has some element of control in the complicated brew. I have also said that if he wants £20m (as was reported) as his price for alignment, everyone on here should be agreeing he is a proper duck job as he was so called by Kirchner.

There are problems elsewhere with the deal? Thanks for telling me, I really had no idea.

Actually iram all I said was that Kirchner had said that Mel didn’t own the ground. I also said that Kirchner has been talking poo.

So the admin team has directly contradicted Kirchner and I believe them rather than him. 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Steve Nicholson would be useful as he would let other people do the chasing and harassing and then copy and paste it for his article ??

The local press will be very wary about attacking Gibson’s morality. Because what they don’t want is a whole load of Derby fans in front of Middlesborough town hall urinating on effigies of Gibson

12 minutes ago, NI RAM said:

I did think this, and I gave more credence to the idea after Colin Gibson (the good Gibbo) had pondered similar lines on RD last Saturday, but I think a more likely scenario might be that Morris had kept Ashley informed of what the Appleby consortium was offering so he could outbid them at the very last minute.

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We’ve gone from ‘imminent’ days and days ago to ‘possibly this week’.

not sure it’s a good idea to appoint a PB before Gibson is sorted (assuming the PB wants that, they might well not)

The only way to sort Gibson before a PB is with money - who pays?

Edited by RoyMac5

19 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I did think this, and I gave more credence to the idea after Colin Gibson (the good Gibbo) had pondered similar lines on RD last Saturday, but I think a more likely scenario might be that Morris had kept Ashley informed of what the Appleby consortium was offering so he could outbid them at the very last minute.

I think you are the only one who still listens to Radio Derby.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Surely submitting to Boro and Wycombes  claims, opens a massive can of worms for every club that’s been affected by another club finishing above them In the league, that has failed in a FFP cycle? 

Surely the issue is Derby can be taken advantage of more as they’re in administration. Other clubs aren’t In admin and would have more possibilities and drive to fight off such none sense. 

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Surely submitting to Boro and Wycombes  claims, opens a massive can of worms for every club that’s been affected by another club finishing above them In the league, that has failed in a FFP cycle? 

Would depend on the terms of the settlement - if there is some settlement from DCFC but nothing is tested in court then the position for everyone else isn't changed.

You can get your bottom dollar that Boro and Wycombe would shout to the rafters that they'd won big and were totally vindicated and morally right about everything, which would be very annoying but perhaps preferable to liquidation.

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Don’t care. And anyway the EFl can always change the rules after Gibson has retired to his sewer with his pieces of silver