The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Only recently earlier tonight a few people suggested it would be him I think they found out last week though.

I read on Twitter both Ashley and the Binnies have made offers. No idea about the credibility of the account or post.

I'm not ITK on what is going on and if there have been just two formal bids as the rumour mill indicates and the Appleby consortium is the party which has not bid that fits with the bit I do believe I know about.

I was told in January, when Ashley was rumoured but had not actually bid, that the Appleby consortium firmly believed they were in pole position to be named as PB. However, they feared that Ashley was negotiating directly with Mel Morris to purchase the stadium and that Mel preferred Ashley over Appleby as the new owner. 

If the Appleby intelligence is accurate, it would explain why they have stepped aside, if indeed they have.

25 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm not ITK on what is going on and if there have been just two formal bids as the rumour mill indicates and the Appleby consortium is the party which has not bid that fits with the bit I do believe I know about.

I was told in January, when Ashley was rumoured but had not actually bid, that the Appleby consortium firmly believed they were in pole position to be named as PB. However, they feared that Ashley was negotiating directly with Mel Morris to purchase the stadium and that Mel preferred Ashley over Appleby as the new owner. 

If the Appleby intelligence is accurate, it would explain why they have stepped aside, if indeed they have.

Hasn't the issue with the Appleby bid always been that they hadn't raised the money?

23 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I just don't think the Appleby group has the money. Building a big consortium and getting every member to commit, and at the same time, and to pass the regulatory tests, and also to fund the requisite £5m until the end of the season, is an organizational nightmare. Very much easier for people to make these decisions when it's just their own money.

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hasn't the issue with the Appleby bid always been that they hadn't raised the money?

That is not what I have been told. They made an initial bid which Q accepted along with the Binnies' bid. WSA is a well respected organisation within the sporting world and they would not have bid without having the funds to support their bid. The suggestion that they have not got the funds has come from within the media and who knows who has fed that information? But WSA would not continue if they believed their bid was dead in the water. When it was inferred they were no longer the PB, they left their bid on the table and announced the offer was still there. But if it is correct that they have not made a formal bid then it is likely they have seen the writing on the wall and moved on to their next project.

It doesn't matter who takes over, what they pay, or how they pay it.

We'll be there at the end of the season, cheering on our miraculous survival and tying down our youngster's to new deals, when Russia will drop a Nuke on Rolls-Royce nuclear a few hundred yards up the road, triggering off World War III.

It's the Derby way.

7 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

However, they feared that Ashley was negotiating directly with Mel Morris to purchase the stadium and that Mel preferred Ashley over Appleby as the new owner. 

This was one theory that Hoskin, in the recent Chris Coles interview, roundly debunked. He described the notion that Mel is pulling the strings as ‘fantasy land’. 

6 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That is not what I have been told. They made an initial bid which Q accepted along with the Binnies' bid. WSA is a well respected organisation within the sporting world and they would not have bid without having the funds to support their bid. The suggestion that they have not got the funds has come from within the media and who knows who has fed that information? But WSA would not continue if they believed their bid was dead in the water. When it was inferred they were no longer the PB, they left their bid on the table and announced the offer was still there. But if it is correct that they have not made a formal bid then it is likely they have seen the writing on the wall and moved on to their next project.

Is there reliable information as to who Appleby’s investors are ?  I wondered whether he’s fronting for Gadsby and others who would provide life support if needed. If the Binnies and Ashley are still bidding maybe Appleby will just fade away 

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This was one theory that Hoskin, in the recent Chris Coles interview, roundly debunked. He described the notion that Mel is pulling the strings as ‘fantasy land’. 

Would that be the same person who said there would be no player sales?  I trust Q about as much as Johnson.  These bids are about maximising the money for MSD to get thier money back from tge sale of the stadium.  MSD after all its the biggest creditor other than HMRC, who are down the pecking order when it comes to payments...

My view is despite what Q have said the only deal acceptable will include the sale of the Stadium.  I think Morris quite rightly wants to severe all ties and move on.  

Regardless of what Q say, Mel owns the stadium and therefore is very much pulling the strings as he could if he wished cave in any deal, by refusing to sell or write off the £140m in soft loans....

I do not see Mel being awkward, but, to suggest he's not a major player in agreeing the deal, is rediculous!

Edited by RAM1966

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Have the Binnies been put out by Ashley’s late bid or just a recycled story ?

Time will tell, my bet is we will find out who the PB is on Mon/Tues.  Q review bids all weekend, EFL agree PB Monday, announcement Mon/Tues

8 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I heard similar they thought the deal was as good as done, with Rush being involved in that there was no way Mel would be happy them being PB.