The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why should anyone have to do anything with the Wycombe claim other than point out they've got their dates all wrong?

I spose it keeps the pressure on Efl. Wycombe argument is that the punishment was wrong, or as you say the wrong date. 

I don’t know what this legal advice was but guess it may have helped Efl to swerve the accusation that Wycombe should still go after us rather than Efl. Typical Efl buck passing. 

q obviously has some serious beef with the Efl letting them down. They agreed the points deduction in November with the intention of getting a quick sale . That quick sale hasn’t happened and q blame Efl for that. 

the ongoing embargo and maybe even the agreed 21points  deduction now seem unduly harsh compared to reading. 

it’s not any more silly an argument than Wycombe ‘s . But hopefully the Wycombe claim will go away. It really is very silly and just plain nuisance. 

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

EFL have set a very dangerous precedent now. 

The question whether a club can sue another for a breach of the EFl rules is not determined by the EFL. It’s determined by the EFl rules. 

Derby and Boro agreed in 2020 that the effect of the rules was that if a club breaches the rules, other clubs can sue if they have suffered loss as a result. I don’t think we would have agreed to that if that was in any way arguable, would we ?! 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The question whether a club can sue another for a breach of the EFl rules is not determined by the EFL. It’s determined by the EFl rules. 

Derby and Boro agreed in 2020 that the effect of the rules was that if a club breaches the rules, other clubs can sue if they have suffered loss as a result. I don’t think we would have agreed to that if that was in any way arguable, would we ?! 

Sorry to be pedantic but what's the differentiation between the EFL and its rules as surely the EFL determines its own rules. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Sorry to be pedantic but what's the differentiation between the EFL and its rules as surely the EFL determines its own rules. 

they are completely different things, the EFL and its rules. Sure the EFL has a view on what the rules mean, but where disputes of this kind arise it's ultimately the independent arbitrators who decide what the rules mean.  

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

they are completely different things, the EFL and its rules. Sure the EFL has a view on what the rules mean, but where disputes of this kind arise it's ultimately the independent arbitrators who decide what the rules mean.  

Eh? Surely the EFL determines its own rules therefore are an extension of the body itself. 

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Surely now there will be a bidding war for derby county but I wandering now that boro out of the way we can be taken next few days.

In a couple of interviews since the Boro "accord", the Administrators have said they expect things to move quickly now and a preferred bidder could be named "within the next ten working days".

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Surely now there will be a bidding war for derby county but I wandering now that boro out of the way we can be taken next few days.

The people interested in the club arent philanthropists they are doing it because they think they can lever some benefit for themselves hence the price has to be right. 

If they think are going to have to pay more for the club than they think it's worth then they'll simply walk away and look to progress something else, they haven't made their money by getting involved in random bidding wars.

They'll all know what an acceptable price is for the acquisition, if it goes beyond that then they'll just move on. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The people interested in the club arent philanthropists they are doing it because they think they can lever some benefit for themselves hence the price has to be right. 

If they think are going to have to pay more for the club than they think it's worth then they'll simply walk away and look to progress something else, they haven't made their money by getting involved in random bidding wars.

They'll all know what an acceptable price is for the acquisition, if it goes beyond that then they'll just move on. 

But surely more than derby sold for the more debts will be paid meaning a lot less to pay off.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But surely more than derby sold for the more debts will be paid meaning a lot less to pay off.

I don't think they'll be any form of bidding war, we're not a Premiership club we're a club that's under severe jeopardy of playing in League 1 next season.

Ashley isn't going to buy us out of kindness he'll have a precise figure in mind where he thinks he'll be able to make money out of our predicament,  anything more than that and he'll just look at other opportunities.  

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think they'll be any form of bidding war, we're not a Premiership club we're a club that's under severe jeopardy of playing in League 1 next season.

Ashley isn't going to buy us out of kindness he'll have a precise figure in mind where he thinks he'll be able to make money out of our predicament,  anything more than that and he'll just look at other opportunities.  

Well plus for us we have biggest fans base in the efl and not just that he will make his money back from tickets sales.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well plus for us we have biggest fans base in the efl and not just that he will make his money back from tickets sales.

Well he'll have factored all of what you're saying in to come up with a price which he will find acceptable to pay for us or rather acquire our debts. Anything more than that then he'll just move on.

Don't mind Ashley buying us at least you know what you'll get with him.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

No, Kevin. Derby agreed that in theory, in principle if a Club broke a rule another club could go after them. But only I believe if it was specific club to club duty that was broken. And there are very few such rules in the EFL's set of rules. 

What Derby and Boro have now agreed is that Boro will not go after Derby. And no other club in 30 years of the EFL has ever sued another as far as I know. And long may that continue.

9 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm not sure we can claim that we have been treated  more harshly than Reading. I think the option they chose was available to Derby but we chose the nine points option.

Reading chose to go down a different route to Derby in the agreements they arrived at with the EFL. Reading agreed to being subjected to a business plan which extends to the end of the 2022-23 season. If they breach that plan they will be subjected to a further six points penalty, which means in effect that their penalty was 12 points but with six suspended. I seem to recall that in reaching our own agreement, DCFC declined the option of a two year plan, which I think was sensible in our position because it could restrict the plans of our new owners who will hopefully be in place for next season.

Our focus on Reading should be on the football field because I think we are all agreed that if we can pull clear of them then we have every chance of making the great escape. We have a manager who has shocked the football world with the outstanding motivational skills he has displayed this season. I have been warmed by what I have seen of the Reading and Hull managers in recent weeks because they seem hopelessly lacking the ability to motivate a team in a relegation dog fight, in my opinion.

While Reading and Peterborough are obviously teams we need to be looking to overtake I have not given up on bridging the gap to Hull. I don't think I would saying that if Grant McCann was still in charge there but when I watched the Sky recording of Avelardze's post match interview my eyes lit up because he was so defeatist. The Hull fans are very vocal about his tactical deficiencies. He could be a massive Achilles heel for Hull,

Im pretty sure we still have to have an imposed business plan under new ownership but its for 1 season

I can see why people say they wouldnt want to go after another club & put their fans through what we have gone through...but it would be different as Reading arent in administration? We wouldnt be holding up any potential sale of the club pushing them towards liquidation.

If the claim had no affect on them like that then their fans wouldnt feel the way we have & do.

If Boro & Wycombe's claims were whilst we had new owners & didnt create any embargoes against us I dont think us fans would be as mentally drained by it all as we have been.