The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I was only listening on an AM radio last night so only really half caught why the first solicitor said, so I’ve had a relisten this morning and just to be clear with what he said and he does point out the Morris proposal” is sound”. But I think what he’s saying is high court judges and lawyers would throw the case out so Boro and Wycombe won’t go for it, which ‘Mel and his lawyers fully well know’. So it’s not that Mel can’t necessarily do it (I’m ignoring the bit he mentions about the corporate veil, because I’m not sure it’s relevant if Morris tells them to sue him and not the club), it’s putting the ball back into the court of the EFL/Boro/Wycombe, which is exactly what everyone is saying before everyone became a legal expert. It will probably end up with indemnity yes, but also Mel is the big loser in that case and Gibson/Couhig have nothing on the line, so if arbitration isn’t until May and we have funds to survive then Mel is technically within his rights to atleast try this first.

Ie, this ain’t PR but probably the first step in the process. 

Mel has nothing to lose as he has the Stadium.

Indemnify is the answer 

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Some of the content in the PDF sent out by RamsTrust is missing from the more widely available notes both on the BAWT and RT websites.

Without wanting to anger anyone - @RamsfanJim can these notes from the PDF be shared?

I think a more important question for @RamsfanJim is why those points are missing, especially the one about the EFL ruling our going to high court has been omitted from the website version. This feels to me like a very important amendment. 

If there are two versions circulating I think we need to know why. Is one inaccurate?

Boro will never go to court. I doubt they will even go to EFL arbitration. They are looking for a "settlement" and are using delay to try to extort a settlement. If they form the view that a settlement is virtually impossible, they will drop the claim and try to claim some high ground saying they are helping a fellow club in distress.

In the meantime they will stay schtum.

57 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I don't think this works because the EFL would still ask to see proof of funds (for in the unlikely event of us losing and having to payout) - and I can't see MM wanting to openly admit to the EFL that he is still loaded

mM’s liability to fund would need to be supported by some sort of security - probably a bank guarantee. Details could be shared with EFl to deal with your concern 

9 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I just wish Admin would be more proactive. 

Short of literally banging people's heads together, holding them to ransom, locking Gibson in a torture chamber for 24 hours and peeling his nails off one by one until he agrees to drop the claims there's not really anything they can do.

They can't go against their legal duties. The EFL refuse to play ball and follow legal procedure. Stalemate. Vendetta.

The EFL could have sorted this all out by threatening to kick Boro out of the league if they go against the EFL's stated policy that clubs cannot take action against each other. That would have ended their claims against us there and then.

They're happy to threaten us with expulsion because we want to commit the crime of... following the law!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

7 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I just wish Admin would be more proactive. 

In what way? capitulate and give in to threats, More statements of truth untruth, Go cap in hand to the EFL and say you were right all along, Put DCFC in the stocks and let Boro/WW fans urinate over us...what's your suggestion?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

In what way? capitulate and give in to threats, More statements of truth untruth, Go cap in hand to the EFL and say you were right all along, Put DCFC in the stocks and let Boro/WW fans urinate over us...what's your suggestion?

Nope. If it were I, I would go for the jugular and not put up with all their crap.

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

mM’s liability to fund would need to be supported by some sort of security - probably a bank guarantee. Details could be shared with EFl to deal with your concern 

I’m struggling to think of any scenario whereby a bank would guarantee payment of Mel’s liability in the event that he would lose the case. To be fair though, the only type of bank guarantee I’ve ever been involved with is import guarantees. Surely to do that they would need some form of counter security from Mel which means we’d be going round in circles a little. Wouldn’t Mel just have to prove he has assets available to meet any liability. Prove of assets could be in cash, shares, investments, property etc.

Edited by Tamworthram

The reason Boro will not even go to arbitration, never mind the High Court, is that an LAP produces a report of its conclusions that goes into the public domain. The report is likely to be very damning of the Boro case and will raise questions about their motives and delays. This will be hard for the great Ego to take, looking like the "bad guy"

He will eventually, after maximum damage to the admins and DCFC, drop the claim and say he didn't want to see a founder member of the Football League go to the wall........

In the meantime we are powerless and so are the Admins......The EFL however, could do something if they grow a pair.

11 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Short of literally banging people's heads together, holding them to ransom, locking Gibson in a torture chamber for 24 hours and peeling his nails off one by one until he agrees to drop the claims there's not really anything they can do.

They can't go against their legal duties. The EFL refuse to play ball and follow legal procedure. Stalemate. Vendetta.

The EFL could have sorted this all out by threatening to kick Boro out of the league if they go against the EFL's stated policy that clubs cannot take action against each other. That would have ended their claims against us there and then.

They're happy to threaten us with expulsion because we want to commit the crime of... following the law!

Where does it state that clubs can't go against each other? Has @Davethrown this at Parry?