The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Look other posters have picked up on the same thing too so for me it's fair comment, that section of your post jumped out for all of the wrong reasons. 

Ok,but at the end of the day its money and all the foreign owners that have ruined the game of football(by that i don't mean scottish, welsh or irish).

5 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Dont mind Appleby but not so keen on Rush or Moxey, but everyone has got their own opions so everyone is never going to agree thats all i'm trying to say.

But Rush and Moxey are English ?

5 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Ashley has run an English team sustainably for well over a decade. Rush was in post during our spell of frivolous spending (at best) that caused our current problems. I would say that makes Ashley far better qualified. Don’t want to speak for Kathcairns but I think being English provides a better understanding of the history and culture of the club and area. Not sure why people seem to want to read more info it than that 

Rush was also CEO when we signed Martin, Forsyth, Russell, Grant  Dawkins and Eustace

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Was Ashley ever officially noted as being in contact with the Administrator?

Not as far as I can recall. 

Nixon's article is a proper mess - looks hastily cobbled together. I'm not getting fussed atm until further corroboration is forthcoming. 

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Nothing wrong whatsoever with Kathcairns post think your complaint is all for the wrong reasons.

Wasn't a complaint where did I complain please - was an observation. 

If I'm not allowed to do that then please advise me for future reference. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

Just now, Kathcairns said:

Ok,but at the end of the day its money and all the foreign owners that have ruined the game of football(by that i don't mean scottish, welsh or irish).

I think it’s more Sky TV, greedy over hyped players on gargantuan wages and their parasite agents that have ruined the game not foreign owners. However that’s an argument for another day, I just hope we get an owner and I couldn’t care if he/she came from Mars as long as we still have a club to support next season. 

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I don't even understand that comment seems to be xenophobic to me anyway. 

Not sure why you think its just foreign owners whom have ruined the game of football.

Ashley squeezes the pips out of everything, including his staff members. He's accumulated a £3.7 billion fortune through acquiring businesses for nothing then paying his staff fook all to run them for him. That said, when negotiating with admins, it seems an odd strategy to demand they cut their bill. A coincidence that this mirrors the stance adopted by his pal Gibson? Hmmm...

Perhaps the admins should set the price at £28M but ask Ashley for £31M and see how he responds ?‍♀️

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But Rush and Moxey are English ?

Rush was also CEO when we signed Martin, Forsyth, Russell, Grant  Dawkins and Eustace

All my mum and dads families support the potherbs and they hate Moxey, but my point was we have all got our own opinions, which is has it should be. Would'nt do for everyone to think the same.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does it mention how he managed to rack up such a heinous tax bill and "forgot" to pay HMRC?

That's the most interesting bit out of the whole debacle which he's managed to omit from his statement. 

Why would he mention us losing £20m in income and basically being bullied out of getting the EFL loan, which was specifically for paying HMRC? That would go against his whole article.

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

All my mum and dads families support the potherbs and they hate Moxey, but my point was we have all got our own opinions, which is has it should be. Would'nt do for everyone to think the same.

Forming the premier ruined football with sky tv.But where are the British owners in the prem.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

No and I think your post does highlight the point that passing the EFL's test means nothing when it is the behaviour after taking ownership that is the potential issue. On paper how perfect did Mel look? The issue is the owners can they do what they want - hopefully any new regulator will have powers to intervene to protect clubs before it is too late

9 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Genuine question - where do the admins fall in the creditors pecking order?

Fixed Charges 1st

Administrators/Liquidators and preferred creditors (i.e. wages) 2nd

Floating charges 3rd

Unsecured creditors (i.e. HMRC) 4th

Shareholders 5th

That's it at a high level and then obviously there is the football creditors too which gets thrown in there, all leaving very little for HMRC 

3 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Forming the premier ruined football with sky tv.But where are the British owners in the prem.

In my opinion you're conflating two issues here - are you inferring that if there were more British owners of clubs in the Premiership then things wouldn't be so bad?

indemnify

/ɪnˈdɛmnɪfʌɪ/

Learn to pronounce

verb

compensate (someone) for harm or loss.

"each of the parties shall indemnify me for all reasonable costs of defending such actions and proceedings"

Similar:

reimburse

compensate

recompense

repay

pay back

remunerate

recoup

requite

make restitution/amends to

settle up with

settle accounts with

secure (someone) against legal liability for their actions.

"the company has taken out insurance to indemnify its directors against liability when acting for the group"

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No and I think your post does highlight the point that passing the EFL's test means nothing when it is the behaviour after taking ownership that is the potential issue. On paper how perfect did Mel look? The issue is the owners can they do what they want - hopefully any new regulator will have powers to intervene to protect clubs before it is too late

I probably think like that because i started watching the rams in the 60's when football was enjoyable, without worries of liquidation.