The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's true, but rangers are a good example of a club that was liquidated and then set up as a "new" club.

The important thing is that they were allowed by negotiation to rejoin the league in the bottom tier.

Wimbledon were new from scratch and the "reformed" Bury are being allowed back next season (not sure what league is having them).

So should the worst happen but someone buys the rights in the liquidation to form a "new" DCFC it's up to the new outfit to negotiate an entry to the league - given the size and history of DCFC league 2 might be realistically negotiated, possibly conference.

A new from scratch afc Derby would probably be starting way down the nonleague pyramid.

The difference being that league 2 in Scotland is probably lower then national league North/ south attendance wise, if the worst happens and you liquidate there’s no way you will be allowed to start in league 2, would cause mayhem amongst the clubs below that level.

3 minutes ago, Bobby said:

The difference being that league 2 in Scotland is probably lower then national league North/ south attendance wise, if the worst happens and you liquidate there’s no way you will be allowed to start in league 2, would cause mayhem amongst the clubs below that level.

Didn't the EFL say L2 is a possibility in those circumstances? ?

Just now, Bobby said:

Point is, it's up to the "new" DCFC to negotiate an entry to the league/non-league pyramid and negotiating that as newco DCFC is going to be from a lot stronger position than a new from scratch club.

They might not be able to swing it to enter league 2 but could almost certainly swing an entry significantly higher than a completely new set up.

The level of Scottish football down the divisions isn't really the point, the fact they got their newco entry accepted is the point.

That response to RT is pathetic but sadly predictable. The EFL seem genuinely perplexed as to why we have such a low opinion of them.

There has been much shouting and stamping of feet in our cause recently and a really good high profile media and political awareness campaign but the two speculative claims of such a magnitude that I can't see any arbitration bringing about an acceptable compromise. Even if we agreed to or were brow beaten into paying them something, a compromise on a hell of a large number liek Boro are demanding is still a hell of a large number. It just isn't going to happen.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Perhaps the original question would be better asked by Margaret Becket, I doubt that she would be satisfied with such a reply.

We need and deserve to have a full understanding of the process and organisation of the Arbitration. 

We want to ensure that  the EFL conduct the process fairly and we can only do this if we, and the public a a whole, know what’s supposed to happen, before it happens.

10 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

That response to RT is pathetic but sadly predictable. The EFL seem genuinely perplexed as to why we have such a low opinion of them.

There has been much shouting and stamping of feet in our cause recently and a really good high profile media and political awareness campaign but the two speculative claims of such a magnitude that I can't see any arbitration bringing about an acceptable compromise. Even if we agreed to or were brow beaten into paying them something, a compromise on a hell of a large number liek Boro are demanding is still a hell of a large number. It just isn't going to happen.

We could win the arbitration as their claims are  hilarious  which would mean we could go ahead with a takeover all parties agreeing.

Also there is a proviso to go to Civil Court which will scare the hell out of the EFL .

I wonder just wonder if the EFL might bottle this in the end and back down from arbitration 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Perhaps the original question would be better asked by Margaret Becket, I doubt that she would be satisfied with such a reply.

We need and deserve to have a full understanding of the process and organisation of the Arbitration. 

We want to ensure that  the EFL conduct the process fairly and we can only do this if we, and the public a a whole, know what’s supposed to happen, before it happens.

Some show the replay they got off from efl then.

Something else that is seriously irritating are some of the completely ill-informed nonsense and some outright lies being told on the Boro forum. Take this absolute whopper for example:

"Derby fans are now saying on their forum how any new owner is going to get a great deal now that only a % of the debt will be paid and they are getting a team debt free with good stadium, training ground and tier 1 academy! The lack of contrition and absolute brass neck of their fans is astounding!"

No.. we... are... not... what absolute horse sh@t. Perhaps you can find a rare post in 550 pages... be my guest. The chief concern and opinion of the vast majority is that with the level of debts even ignoring Boro and Wycombe are borderline unviable as it stands, hence the concern that this sort of opportunism if successful just renders any deal impossible.

To be fair there are a few more sensible posts that seem to have grasped an understanding of the situation.

"By law the administrators have to act in the best interests of the creditors of Derby County.
Their assessment could be that flogging off assets cheaply now to fund the wages of those remaining would guarantee relegation at end of the season & thereby reduce the amount someone would be willing to pay for the club. Retaining them gives them a fighting chance of staying up increasing the amount someone would pay and the creditors receive."

and

"Part of the issue here is that Derby haven’t buckled on the field. I think if they’d been 15 points from safety then demands for their team to be further ripped apart would be far less common. They’ve lost six players in this window and lost 21 in the last summer window. They’ve added scraps here and there and have a load of kids playing in the first team. If nobody comes in for Bielik or Lawrence them what do they do? You can’t just bin their contracts or force them to move."

Dunno where 21 came from tbh and OK, so we know that we were offered a bag of crisps for Lawrence but nothing that would materially affect our situation financially, just weakens a team that has an outside chance of staying up despite the points deductions. Bielik has only just managed his first minutes of football on Sunday 30th Jan after a year out with a serious injury. Who exactly would be queueing up to buy him ?

This one was priceless though: (re selling Plange)

"Thought they were in administration? Who get the transfer fee? Us?"

*head in hands*

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the reference to DCFC being a bargain was more or less someone saying look, even with the issues, a takeover will probably still happen, which is a long way from "oh aren't we brilliant, this is the best thing ever..."

No no, on the contrary ! We're all high 5'ing each other at how awesomely great our situation is and are planning our imminent Champions League campaign ?

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Hang on, so the reps of clubs that think we owe them money and the EFL who want us out of existence can literally just disagree with everything we say and vote by majority??

how on earth is that fair?? Surely this needs to be totally independent?

I think majority  means 2 out of the 3 appointed arbitrators who are supposed to be independent

Risk Parry said a week or so ago that arbitration had started last January and it had been held up. The interviewer didn't ask to explain why this had been held up but he was 'finger pointing' and blaming others.

I still don't know if it has or hasn't started despite sending emails and receiving zero replies to this question. I'm not even sure they know its current status. 

It's a shitshow, purposely made to be confusing and adhoc in order to protect themselves. 

Edited by Archie

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

Risk Parry said a week or so ago that arbitration had started last January and it had been held up. The interviewer didn't ask to explain why this had been held up but he was finger pointing to a degree. 

I still don't know if it has or hasn't started despite sending emails and receiving zero replies to this question. I'm not even sure they know its current status. 

It's a shitshow, purposely made to be confusing and adhoc in order to protect themselves. 

Wasn't that Gibson trying to muscle in on the EFL action and he was told to go forth?   

35 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Something else that is seriously irritating are some of the completely ill-informed nonsense and some outright lies being told on the Boro forum. Take this absolute whopper for example:

"Derby fans are now saying on their forum how any new owner is going to get a great deal now that only a % of the debt will be paid and they are getting a team debt free with good stadium, training ground and tier 1 academy! The lack of contrition and absolute brass neck of their fans is astounding!"

No.. we... are... not... what absolute horse sh@t. Perhaps you can find a rare post in 550 pages... be my guest. The chief concern and opinion of the vast majority is that with the level of debts even ignoring Boro and Wycombe are borderline unviable as it stands, hence the concern that this sort of opportunism if successful just renders any deal impossible.

To be fair there are a few more sensible posts that seem to have grasped an understanding of the situation.

"By law the administrators have to act in the best interests of the creditors of Derby County.
Their assessment could be that flogging off assets cheaply now to fund the wages of those remaining would guarantee relegation at end of the season & thereby reduce the amount someone would be willing to pay for the club. Retaining them gives them a fighting chance of staying up increasing the amount someone would pay and the creditors receive."

and

"Part of the issue here is that Derby haven’t buckled on the field. I think if they’d been 15 points from safety then demands for their team to be further ripped apart would be far less common. They’ve lost six players in this window and lost 21 in the last summer window. They’ve added scraps here and there and have a load of kids playing in the first team. If nobody comes in for Bielik or Lawrence them what do they do? You can’t just bin their contracts or force them to move."

Dunno where 21 came from tbh and OK, so we know that we were offered a bag of crisps for Lawrence but nothing that would materially affect our situation financially, just weakens a team that has an outside chance of staying up despite the points deductions. Bielik has only just managed his first minutes of football on Sunday 30th Jan after a year out with a serious injury. Who exactly would be queueing up to buy him ?

This one was priceless though: (re selling Plange)

"Thought they were in administration? Who get the transfer fee? Us?"

*head in hands*

To be honest if they are looking at a football forum and picking out the post they like or wish to use more or less sums up their intelligence. I have read a few posts on there and I can see a few sensible posts from people who do state a few facts which go straight over the majority of them heads because it doesn’t fit their agenda or Gibbon hasn’t told them this. After 5 minutes I came off wondering if some of them know which way round they sit on the toilet.

Edited by Gritstone Ram