The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

“Overall, Maguire says news of Carlisle Capital’s bid is a step in the right direction.”

“This could be a masterstroke by the administrators,” he said.

“Seven days ago they put out a fairly incendiary message on the club website. That provoked a reaction from lots of other parties.

“You’ve got to give a lot of credit to the Derby fans because they’ve done the smart things.

“They’ve got mobilised, organised, they’ve bombarded MPs so you’ve had the matter being spoken about in the House of Commons and, all of the sudden, the pressure has come on.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-masterstroke-carlisle-capital-6538527

Some praise from Maguire? Rare indeed.

23 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I found this comment in the DET interesting

IMO this is part of the EFL/Boro campaign over the last few days to shift the spotlight away from them and onto Morris. We all know that Morris ducked up big time and it will be a very long time (if ever) before he's forgiven for that, but it doesn't change the fact that EFL and Boro are actively twisting the knife and we should do everything we can to keep the spotlight on them for their incompetent/malicious behaviour.

4 minutes ago, Kenavo said:

IMO this is part of the EFL/Boro campaign over the last few days to shift the spotlight away from them and onto Morris. We all know that Morris ducked up big time and it will be a very long time (if ever) before he's forgiven for that, but it doesn't change the fact that EFL and Boro are actively twisting the knife and we should do everything we can to keep the spotlight on them for their incompetent/malicious behaviour.

The EFL are shocking and I tried to tell Simon Jordan but he had his ear muffs on 

7 minutes ago, Kenavo said:

Exactly - B and W are feeling the pressure. There’s obviously some truth in saying ‘it’s MM’s fault ‘  so if they push that line it moves the spotlight from them.  Heard it in Couhig’s oily interview and seen it in everything Boro is putting out 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

So we could tow it away and not tell them where it is?

Forest and County both have the ideal position with regard their grounds. Both sites are owned by the council at a peppercorn rent and the stadiums are the clubs ownership. No owner can come in and knock the stadia down etc or force the clubs out.

33 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I found this comment in the DET interesting

Screenshot_20220124-103844_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think the problem with comments like this, is we genuinely have no idea how much of it's true.  Everybody is briefing their own pet journalists with their side of the story, when the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Take the drone thing - do I think Morris had a drone installed purely to spy on training? Probably not. Do I think the club spent a bunch of money on a drone system to record training for analysis by the coaches afterwards? Quite possibly. Do I think Morris watched some of that footage from time to time, and maybe even liked to chat to the manager about it? Quite possibly. Is that all that wrong, not reeeeeally.

Fundamentally, the problem for me was that Morris doesn't know that much about football, certainly no more than the average fan does. That's not really meant to be a criticism, I don't think any of us know that much about the actual mechanics of managing a football team because we aren't football managers or qualified coaches, or whatever.  But I suspect he's also a bit of a micromanager - he likes to get very involved in the business he's running. So you have the unfortunate combo of someone spending lots of money making decisions that they aren't really qualified to make.  That's why we had the random lurches between styles of managers, and that's what led to stupid decisions like renewing the contract of a striker who's currently scoring goals for a rival.

14 minutes ago, Kenavo said:

I think you are spot on there. All the stuff about drones and all that is old and actually untrue. Using Morris as the pantomime villain is the tactic of the Efl. 

right now Morris is pretty irrelevant . We can have an inquest about him later but Efl are trying to shift media focus away from themselves . That’s why they have fed these sort of stories to the Times. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Forest were not that useless Tbf on Saturday. Do they own the stadium?

Forest aren’t without a stadium and nor are Notts County. The council/ people of Nottingham own them, therefore will never be lost to their respective clubs. Look at the continuous problems Notts have had but the stadium has never been at risk whatsoever. I would like our stadium to be bought by the council rather than someone else.

Edited by Gritstone Tup

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Exactly - B and W are feeling the pressure. There’s obviously some truth in saying ‘it’s MM’s fault ‘  so if they push that line it moves the spotlight from them.  Heard it in Couhig’s oily interview and seen it in everything Boro is putting out 

It’s also the Efl tactic too .. use Morris as the pantomime villain and shift focus away from them. Who are the ones blocking the sale? Who are the ones threatening us with expulsion? 

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Forest aren’t without a stadium and nor are Notts County. The council/ people of Nottingham own them, therefore will never be lost to their respective clubs. Look at the continuous problems Notts have had but the stadium has never been at risk whatsoever. I can ours like our stadium to be bought by the council rather than someone else.

YEah the council are spending loads of money on the stadium. A Darth Vader flag.

2 hours ago, jono said:

And curious though it may seem, the stadium not being “ours” is the thing that has and probably will, prevent liquidation. There isn’t a great fat asset to be sold to satisfy creditors. 

Correct but it dosent stop Mel from doing something with it. He didn’t grab that stadium for the good of the club imo. But you’re correct that we don’t want it transferring to new buyer of the club either because it puts an asset their which they Gibbo case could utilise.

Best scenario council buy it. I think the next set of targets for the fans groups should be asking that question of the Councils.