The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'm probably way off the mark, but surely if an agreement is reached with all creditors (Boro and WW are not at this moment creditors) then they will receive the sum agreed? There won't be an agreement which says "we'll accept £X,but don't pay us until Boro and WW have put in an official complaint, the EFL have appointed an independent tribunal, the tribunal have decided if there is a case to answer and how much the compensation should be. If you have to pay then we'll reduce our asking price accordingly!". Won't the amount we have to pay be the amount agreed? If Boro and WW do receive compensation it will be a sum apart, which is the whole sticking point for potential buyers isn't it?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The worst is being ignored by the you and the EFL. 

They would not be Derby County, we would no longer be a founder member of the EFL - that is what they want too.

It would be a different club. So just pick a.n.other club to support, it'll be the same.

Well maybe you need a dose of reality - we are in genuine danger of being put out of business and hiding your head in the sand or attacking other posters while crying in your beer isn't going to change that.

If the worst happens I'm not giving up on watching football (though I've been termpted a number of times over recent seasons) but I will support my local club regardless (not just pick another club as you so glibly suggest). That may have to be Mickleover or it may be a phoenix club - but if that phoenix club represents the city and is in League 2, I'd suggest that is prefereable to starting in the 9th  tier as should probably be the case....It won't be the same club and those responsible will never be forgiven but sadly there's a damn good chance Derby County is in it's final season and people need to start thinking what happens in that case....

18 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Well maybe you need a dose of reality - we are in genuine danger of being put out of business and hiding your head in the sand or attacking other posters while crying in your beer isn't going to change that.

Thank you.

You don't get it. You said "... If the worst does happen, League 2 would be significantly higher in the pyramid than I could possibly have hoped for..."

The dose of reality is Derby County will no longer exist. A club in League 2 is not Derby County. That is the point I was making, what is your point?

38 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'm probably way off the mark, but surely if an agreement is reached with all creditors (Boro and WW are not at this moment creditors) then they will receive the sum agreed? There won't be an agreement which says "we'll accept £X,but don't pay us until Boro and WW have put in an official complaint, the EFL have appointed an independent tribunal, the tribunal have decided if there is a case to answer and how much the compensation should be. If you have to pay then we'll reduce our asking price accordingly!". Won't the amount we have to pay be the amount agreed? If Boro and WW do receive compensation it will be a sum apart, which is the whole sticking point for potential buyers isn't it?

Agreed. What I thought. Creditors will get paid agreed amount and a contingency pot will be set aside for MWW…

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thank you.

You don't get it. You said "... If the worst does happen, League 2 would be significantly higher in the pyramid than I could possibly have hoped for..."

The dose of reality is Derby County will no longer exist. A club in League 2 is not Derby County. That is the point I was making, what is your point?

Didn’t Forest go through some financial problems, and in theory the current club didn’t win the European cup twice (back to back apparently)

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Didn’t Forest go through some financial problems, and in theory the current club didn’t win the European cup twice (back to back apparently)

Don't know now. But that sounds like it MUST be true! ?

Have started a thread about 'liquidation', it sounds very complicated. #COYR

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Surely Morris will be flexible about the stadium price under the circumstances. Not sure what legal and admin costs he is referring to. If he is genuinely serious he needs to make an offer promptly and get things sorted sooner rather than later.

51 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think the sticking point for EFL is that Q wanted to compromise the offer by ignoring it. If it will be dealt with in full after arbitration (and after we leave administration) it is no longer avoiding it and increases the pot for current agreed creditors as it won’t be diluted by their claims 

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thank you.

Rolls Royce went bust and they're still here- didn't they tweak their name or something?

48 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

The chances of setting up a Phoenix club in time for the announcement of next seasons fixtures is slim to none, unfortunately

You can be a late entrant, But have to accept a -21 point deduction at the start of the season