The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Massive point is that some fans have memory fade  about Boro and Wycombe claims and how it completely stalled process.
Statement I agree is misleading

Well it now seems that the Boro and Wycombe claims not only stalled the process, but also  by the time Gibson went away, Ashley and Appleby bids were no longer on the table. Ashley made another bid in May that wasn't enough for us to keep League status. How is any of that Q's fault?   

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Latest supporter groups statement is misleading, inaccurate and in the case of BAWT, hypocritical.

Offers from Ashley or Appleby in December could not be progressed due to Boro claim and EFL approach to it. Surely every Rams fan knows this, yet not mentioned in the statement? After the Boro claim "accord" betwen SW and MM in February,  the way was clear for either Appleby or Ashley to close the deal. Why didn't they? Only in April did CK surface, and his was the only then compliant bid. The allegation that months were lost due to pursuit of CK is just false... although I agree better checks on his money could have been done.  But wasn't CK re-introduced to Q by Nigel Owen of BAWT?

And can someone tell me what the point of the supporter group statement was? It seems misguided and pointless as well as misleading.

Yes it’s a strange one the problem seems to be at what point did Q stop dialogue with the Ashley and AA type of bids as it is intimated that there has been no communication from Q several times. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Latest supporter groups statement is misleading, inaccurate and in the case of BAWT, hypocritical.

And can someone tell me what the point of the supporter group statement was? It seems misguided and pointless as well as misleading.

Nope I can't tell you, That's something they will have to say...but, Supporters groups want to feel part of a process and think that pressure can be put on those who can influence the outcome, Q will bend a little like a very gentle breeze blowing against a giant Oak, They'll give out a statement that is a continuation of a previous statement with a play on words.

Supporters groups speak for their members NOT the whole supporters en mass, Rams Trust, BAWT, Punjabi Rams, Team Derby have all in one way or another made statements with little substance, John Forkin commented some 10 days ago that this will be sorted very soon or words to that effect, He's at the top table where conversations are concerned...dealing with MPs, Local business types...but here we are again with the word/s SOON!

Q hold all the cards and information, We're just being dealt a hand that they deal.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What if we only sold enough season tickets to fund half the season, what then?

Not being funny and having had a season ticket for decades I wouldn’t be buying a major purchase from any business in administration, yes I would buy a ticket on a game by game basis but that’s it and it’s called lack of trust in the seller being in business 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Not being funny and having had a season ticket for decades I wouldn’t be buying a major purchase from any business in administration, yes I would buy a ticket on a game by game basis but that’s it and it’s called lack of trust in the seller being in business 

I understand what you're saying, but that is why Q have to prove the Club has funds to play for the whole season. Otherwise the EFL will not let us start, they don't want us dropping out or being kicked out.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don’t know. Assuming we still didn’t have a new owner by then, then I guess the administrator would either need to seek another  loan or put us into liquidation in which case we’d all become unsecured creditors. 

Unless the loan is to secure funding for the whole season in which case it’s going to be a big loan.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nope I can't tell you, That's something they will have to say...but, Supporters groups want to feel part of a process and think that pressure can be put on those who can influence the outcome, Q will bend a little like a very gentle breeze blowing against a giant Oak, They'll give out a statement that is a continuation of a previous statement with a play on words.

Supporters groups speak for their members NOT the whole supporters en mass, Rams Trust, BAWT, Punjabi Rams, Team Derby have all in one way or another made statements with little substance, John Forkin commented some 10 days ago that this will be sorted very soon or words to that effect, He's at the top table where conversations are concerned...dealing with MPs, Local business types...but here we are again with the word/s SOON!

Q hold all the cards and information, We're just being dealt a hand that they deal.

And now it seems they have shut up shop talking to them (MPs, Councillors etc), Q, the EFL, the bidding parties at least that’s what I’ve heard. Therefore no one knows anything except Q. 

My wife will kill me for googling too much on DCFC matters whilst on holiday (although the weather has taken a turn for the worse, so there might not be much else to do) does anyone know what other clubs in administration at the start of a season did regarding ST sales?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I understand what you're saying, but that is why Q have to prove the Club has funds to play for the whole season. Otherwise the EFL will not let us start, they don't want us dropping out or being kicked out.

This is a question we cant answer, What kind of team are we paying to see?, Who will be the Manager?, Are we still going to be in Admin?, What players will be sold?, Are we still going to be under a transfer embargo?

All the above will be before all as we hand over our ST money, I've said before, We have very little opportunity to watch another professional football team with the love and enthusiasm we have for DCFC...Loyalty is a 2 way thing, Unfortunately we show more than those that should. 

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We would have to set a budget on that income and a pessimistic view of ticket sales. 

Add shirt money, sponsorship etc

Then if we sell a player, the budget goes up 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

My wife will kill me for googling too much on DCFC matters whilst on holiday (although the weather has taken a turn for the worse, so there might not be much else to do) does anyone know what other clubs in administration at the start of a season did regarding ST sales?

I had a look into Wigan as that was the only one that come to mind and they didn't put them on sale until a takeover was complete (at least my understanding of the article, I read). 

I'm not sure if any club has ever been in this position, going into a season whilst in administration and no preferred bidder taking care of the finances. We are, unfortunate, the case study for future clubs that find themselves in this position. 

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yes it’s a strange one the problem seems to be at what point did Q stop dialogue with the Ashley and AA type of bids as it is intimated that there has been no communication from Q several times. 

Reading between the lines, the infamous "you will be surprised how quickly things will happen" came in February IIRC. SO it sounded like Q were expecting to close a deal then, which having allegedly told Ashley he was PB in January you would expect would have been a deal with Ashley. Why Ashley didn't then complete in February is maybe for him to explain, it seems that is exactly what Q were expecting him to do.     

1 minute ago, sage said:

We would have to set a budget on that income and a pessimistic view of ticket sales. 

Add shirt money, sponsorship etc

Then if we sell a player, the budget goes up 

I don't get what you are saying. You're in administration with large debts you aren't able to run the business as a going concern without funds. 

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is a question we cant answer, What kind of team are we paying to see?, Who will be the Manager?, Are we still going to be in Admin?, What players will be sold?, Are we still going to be under a transfer embargo?

All the above will be before all as we hand over our ST money, I've said before, We have very little opportunity to watch another professional football team with the love and enthusiasm we have for DCFC...Loyalty is a 2 way thing, Unfortunately we show more than those that should. 

It's likely to happen fairly close together - the fixtures come out on Thursday. The preseason starts Monday 27th June and the season starts 30th July.

I'd think it was fairly clear who we were watching, well as certain as any club while the transfer window is open and managers can be hired and fired. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Reading between the lines, the infamous "you will be surprised how quickly things will happen" came in February IIRC. SO it sounded like Q were expecting to close a deal then, which having allegedly told Ashley he was PB in January you would expect would have been a deal with Ashley. Why Ashley didn't then complete in February is maybe for him to explain, it seems that is exactly what Q were expecting him to do.     

Didn't he say they wouldn't pay 100% of Qs fees for the work they have done?‍♀️

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well it now seems that the Boro and Wycombe claims not only stalled the process, but also  by the time Gibson went away, Ashley and Appleby bids were no longer on the table. Ashley made another bid in May that wasn't enough for us to keep League status. How is any of that Q's fault?   

Absolutely isn’t. 

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t know. Assuming we still didn’t have a new owner by then, then I guess the administrator would either need to seek another  loan or put us into liquidation in which case we’d all become unsecured creditors. 

Unless the loan is to secure funding for the whole season in which case it’s going to be a big loan.

That was the point I was making. Q have to have funding for the whole season before they can sell season tickets.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That's the scary bit.

Reports suggest that this months wages are £1.6m (when is pay day BTW?). Obviously that will come down massively, but there are all the other associated costs with running a football club. Matchday costs, policing etc, transport, hotels,  kit, ground maintenance,  god the list is so long.

What sort of cost are we looking at?

£8m?, £10m? ????

Who is going to lend it and against what?

And then there is the interest to pay?

Is this just prolonging the agony, or are Q holding a genuine bid that could effect a sale in 6-12 weeks?

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

I used to be a technical author, urged to phrase such matters in such a way that a layman could comprehend.

Try 'Proper-talking dudes'.

same, spent a few months re-writing Bombardier Train Maintenance Documents, using Simplified English, so they could be easily translated into Indian once the trains were too old and were sold on.

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I think supporters groups sometimes make things worse. 

They think they know more and are entitled