The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It doesn't really matter whether CK and Mel get on,it's a business arrangement that suits both if it's resolved.

Adding in a reluctant city council wil just add another layer of uncertainty and delay.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. In my opinion, Morris is far likelier to be reasonable with the council than he is with someone who has publicly slagged him off. I don't disagree that it is in both parties' interests to negotiate but part of the reason we are where we are is because Morris has been engaged in a bitter struggle of egos (v EFL, v Gibson, v bidders) and there is a distinct possibility that pattern of behaviour could mean he is awkward on both price & urgency in concluding a deal.

I believe a deal between Morris & the council would be concluded earlier & involve far less noise than a deal between Morris & Kirchner - pretty important given time is of the essence. It also gives fans some reassurance in the unlikely event Kirchner isn't the responsible & credible owner we hope he'll be (as PP will be in public ownership)

Edited by LeedsCityRam

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So, Kirchner doesn't yet own the club and already he is at loggerheads with fans masquerading as ITK.

He is in the process of trying to buy our club and Andy is throwing down corn to try to suggest that because an ex-employee of Slync.io filed a claim against Slync in the USA then CK is not a fit and proper person to own Derby County. Andy has found this on google and that is all he has found because there is no information about the outcome and no information to suggest that the claim is the fault of CK personally. It is Andy's modus operandi since Morris put the club up for sale. He has done it with wrongful speculation at every twist and turn. Andy shouldn't be taken seriously anymore and CK has every right to be at loggerheads with him. CK like all of has the right to defend his reputation.

There has for months been media speculation which has been damaging to the future of our club. People outside DCFC are delighting in trying to muddy our waters and ridicule our fanbase as we wait anxiously for a hopefully positive end to this living nightmare. CK is now in the best position of anyone so far in this whole sorry affair to deliver the outcome we all wish for. While that flame of hope still burns on his beacon, we need to not give any credence to those who seek to undermine CK. From what I have found about him, he has a very impressive business record in the USA as a CEO of fast growing global companies. Those companies have a very impressive record in sports sponsorship.

But as CK has told us, his bid has nothing to do with those companies and they are backed from his own personal wealth. For now, I have reached the point where I believe that if he can prove the funds to the EFL, then we can return to optimism for the future of our club. That optimism has been reduced to danger levels over the past few weeks. But allegedly the EFL fit and proper person procedures are rigorous under Trevor Birch. Q's reputation will be shot to pieces if at this late stage it is discovered that CK cannot fund an acceptable takeover.

Gerald Krasner warned on the radio this week to expect unwanted and unfounded media attacks on CK and Q over the coming weeks until a takeover is hopefully complete. These past couple of days we have seen the start of those attacks

Gary Cook's presence with Kirchner, I find encouraging. Rooney knows Cook from his time in Manchester and the USA. So I'm putting my feet up now until such time we know if CK is our new owner or not.

22 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

He is in the process of trying to buy our club and Andy is throwing down corn to try to suggest that because an ex-employee of Slync.io filed a claim against Slync in the USA then CK is not a fit and proper person to own Derby County. Andy has found this on google and that is all he has found because there is no information about the outcome and no information to suggest that the claim is the fault of CK personally. It is Andy's modus operandi since Morris put the club up for sale. He has done it with wrongful speculation at every twist and turn. Andy shouldn't be taken seriously anymore and CK has every right to be at loggerheads with him. CK like all of has the right to defend his reputation.

There has for months been media speculation which has been damaging to the future of our club. People outside DCFC are delighting in trying to muddy our waters and ridicule our fanbase as we wait anxiously for a hopefully positive end to this living nightmare. CK is now in the best position of anyone so far in this whole sorry affair to deliver the outcome we all wish for. While that flame of hope still burns on his beacon, we need to not give any credence to those who seek to undermine CK. From what I have found about him, he has a very impressive business record in the USA as a CEO of fast growing global companies. Those companies have a very impressive record in sports sponsorship.

But as CK has told us, his bid has nothing to do with those companies and they are backed from his own personal wealth. For now, I have reached the point where I believe that if he can prove the funds to the EFL, then we can return to optimism for the future of our club. That optimism has been reduced to danger levels over the past few weeks. But allegedly the EFL fit and proper person procedures are rigorous under Trevor Birch. Q's reputation will be shot to pieces if at this late stage it is discovered that CK cannot fund an acceptable takeover.

Gerald Krasner warned on the radio this week to expect unwanted and unfounded media attacks on CK and Q over the coming weeks until a takeover is hopefully complete. These past couple of days we have seen the start of those attacks

Gary Cook's presence with Kirchner, I find encouraging. Rooney knows Cook from his time in Manchester and the USA. So I'm putting my feet up now until such time we know if CK is our new owner or not.

If Andy didnt claim to be ITK and wasnt controversial no one would read his Tweets, I wonder if attention seeking is perhaps his motivation. I conceed that there is a lot we dont know about CK and his  aproach is some what different but he does have Gary Cook with him and I also find that encouraging, why would Gary Cook  associate himself with CK, if CK didnt have the funds to buy the club. 

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

If Andy didnt claim to be ITK and wasnt controversial no one would read his Tweets, I wonder if attention seeking is perhaps his motivation. I conceed that there is a lot we dont know about CK and his  aproach is some what different but he does have Gary Cook with him and I also find that encouraging, why would Gary Cook  associate himself with CK, if CK didnt have the funds to buy the club. 

Same reason Erik did with us? ?

How long ago was Garry Cook involved in UK football do you know out of interest?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same reason Erik did with us? ?

How long ago was Garry Cook involved in UK football do you know out of interest?

Gary Cook has both Football and Sport business expirence, why would he risk his reputation working with CK, if CK didnt have the money to complete the Derby Purchase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Cook_(administrator)

43 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

There is nothing any of us can do other than hope it all goes through smoothly and keep everything crossed ? 

All this talk to CK's worth.....

Does it really matter? Surely we are just bothered if he has enough money to buy the club?

After that, shouldn't we be sustainable and run within our means? Is that even possible? What changes need to happen for us not to lose money year on year? 

I just don't see how a club of our size can't be ran at a profit, if we can't then football really is broken....

22 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Gary Cook has both Football and Sport business expirence, why would he risk his reputation working with CK, if CK didnt have the money to complete the Derby Purchase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Cook_(administrator)

He hasn’t worked in football since Man City fired him over a decade ago.

Does he still have a big reputation?

*****Just realised he was also on the Wigan board part time for a few months in 2018

Edited by Ramarena
Missed his Wigan stint

Garry Cooks CV is very impressive but I’m sure somebody on here will pick fault that he hasn’t done enough and worked with big enough brands to deserve any recognition. 

The guy has more than been there and done it - just having the Jordan brand on your CV is huge but to do what he did with City is unbelievable. He put all the plans in place for their new training facility - he believes in youth to make the club sustainable. 

Kirchner and Cook are a big yes from me. 

I think this indicates that the expectation is that Derby gets the 15pts, I see that as meaning best hope is a play off place in League one.

Rooney claims that's a requirement in the  to sign 40 players split between youth and senior squad.

Not sure how strong our team will be.

In league one we need at least one top scorer.

We need a better goalkeeper.

We need a top assist player.

We lack those.

Not sure if we reach the playoffs.

Det ...

Q) In an earlier tweet you said one of the aims was to win the League one title next season, very laudable, but if we do start on -15 dare I venture to suggest it would be virtually impossible and the struggle then would be to avoid going to league 2.

Kirchner: "That would absolutely be a challenge and change our goals for next year. Otherwise, I think everyone has the same goal at the beginning of the year … win matches and try to win the league you’re in. In a normal year, if that’s not the goal, don’t show up."

Q) If we go down to League One and get another 15 point deduction is the plan to bounce straight back up or consolidate for a season and try the year after with a more settled club?

Kirchner: "We will see what the league decides and plan from there. We will be trying to perform our best at all times on the pitch. I think everyone who gets into this is competitive and wants to win. We just won’t ever sacrifice the financial health and future of the club to do so."

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Garry Cooks CV is very impressive but I’m sure somebody on here will pick fault that he hasn’t done enough and worked with big enough brands to deserve any recognition. 

The guy has more than been there and done it - just having the Jordan brand on your CV is huge but to do what he did with City is unbelievable. He put all the plans in place for their new training facility - he believes in youth to make the club sustainable. 

Kirchner and Cook are a big yes from me. 

I'm sure someone on here will object to fans asking for more info about a potential CEO of the Club.

"On 2 November 2018 IEC received shareholder approval to complete the acquisition of the football club [Wigan], bringing to an end the 23 years of Whelan family ownership.[42] In a letter to the fans chairman David Sharpe confirmed that he along with Matthew Sharpe and non-executive director Garry Cook would resign from the board upon completion of the ownership transition." - Wiki

Edited by RoyMac5