The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So you are not a Derby fan or you would say so? The post you replied to said your were a Forest fan. I note you dont say you arent, just that you dont hate Derby.  I just dont understand why someone would sign up to comment on a FANS forum this week to suddenly post about things we've all been discussing for months and worrying about for months when not a Derby fan? Why? You seem to think you have some major insight noone else has. To be blunt you really really dont. The tone of you posts is patronising - if you had bothered to read many of these threads you would see a vast range of experience and financial expertise which has provided a great insight into what is going on and has for a long time.
in addition, the manner of your posts shows a distinct lack of empathy for those on here really struggling with things and this is really affecting people - some need to feel a bit more optimistic to get through it and why not. 
As most on here are totally familiar with Derby's position your insights and ability " to look at things in a different way" which you may have mentioned a few times may be more at use on a Chelski forum where they are new to all of this and may need a helping hand with it all.

Easier just to add them to the ignore list. 

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

What is it about adversity that makes non fans come sniffing around our message board with their sanctimonious comments and advice?

I assume they are the sort of people who slow down on the motorway to rubberneck the accidents on the other carriageway! 

Rubberneckers and carpet baggers with their doom and gloom messages, we will survive and we will get stronger 

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So you are not a Derby fan or you would say so? The post you replied to said your were a Forest fan. I note you dont say you arent, just that you dont hate Derby.  I just dont understand why someone would sign up to comment on a FANS forum this week to suddenly post about things we've all been discussing for months and worrying about for months when not a Derby fan? Why? You seem to think you have some major insight noone else has. To be blunt you really really dont. The tone of you posts is patronising - if you had bothered to read many of these threads you would see a vast range of experience and financial expertise which has provided a great insight into what is going on and has for a long time.
in addition, the manner of your posts shows a distinct lack of empathy for those on here really struggling with things and this is really affecting people - some need to feel a bit more optimistic to get through it and why not. 
As most on here are totally familiar with Derby's position your insights and ability " to look at things in a different way" which you may have mentioned a few times may be more at use on a Chelski forum where they are new to all of this and may need a helping hand with it all.

Well said CBRamette. Things arent looking good at the moment and the last thing we need is someone who isn't a Rams fan making even more downbeat assessments than is necessary, and based on guesswork.  

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-makes-key-claim-involving-derby-county-and-mike-ashley-after-binnie-family-rejection/

Is Nixon trying to undermine Derby County all of a sudden or is he scaremongering 

All it says is, Ashley’s ‘initial valuation’ of the club ex stadium was less than £28m. Probably means indicative bid.  Doesn’t mean a thing 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-makes-key-claim-involving-derby-county-and-mike-ashley-after-binnie-family-rejection/

Is Nixon trying to undermine Derby County all of a sudden or is he scaremongering 

Depends what they mean by valuation. By anyone's terms, what you're going to have to pay for Derby county in our current state is significantly more than what we're actually worth (as a business).

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Don`t have to be a Derby fan to care about the clubs plight.

Apologies if my post come over in ways that make anyone feel uncomfortable. I am just trying to give a balanced opinion based upon whatever evidence I can divulge.

I have already apologised if I have repeated or raised subjects that have already been discussed, but I will readily admit to not having read over 1000 pages of posts. I can assure you I only have good intentions.

My Aunt used to push wounded soldiers in wheelchairs from the DRI to the Baseball Ground after the War and I can only image how she would be feeling if she was here today. She took me to my first game at the Baseball Ground on Boxing Day 1974 V Birmingham City. The first of many! I was there on the day that Franny Lee and Norman Hunter had their famous scrap, stood on a Pop Crate at the front of the Ossie End. I remember my Dad shoving me under a Police Horse to keep me clear of the fighting, with all the Leeds Fans dressed in White Boiler Suits and Lab Coats. Plus numerous League and Cup games over the years, including the dark times of Div 3 and many Testamonial Games.

I may be new here, and that is because as time has moved on, I have become more concerned and dug around for more information. Part of that digging around led me here.

Again, apologies if I have offended or upset anyone, it really is not my intention.

I`m not a die hard Derby Fan like 99% on here. But I care.

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

All it says is, Ashley’s ‘initial valuation’ of the club ex stadium was less than £28m. Probably means indicative bid.  Doesn’t mean a thing 

He does make an interesting point about player sales !

“They are already in enough bother already as things stand – but the fact they will manage to get through until the end of the season is a plus, before assessing whether they can hold on and wait until the transfer window opens to sell some of their key assets if a preferred bidder isn’t in place by then.“

4 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Apologies if my post come over in ways that make anyone feel uncomfortable. I am just trying to give a balanced opinion based upon whatever evidence I can divulge.

I have already apologised if I have repeated or raised subjects that have already been discussed, but I will readily admit to not having read over 1000 pages of posts. I can assure you I only have good intentions.

My Aunt used to push wounded soldiers in wheelchairs from the DRI to the Baseball Ground after the War and I can only image how she would be feeling if she was here today. She took me to my first game at the Baseball Ground on Boxing Day 1974 V Birmingham City. The first of many! I was there on the day that Franny Lee and Norman Hunter had their famous scrap, stood on a Pop Crate at the front of the Ossie End. I remember my Dad shoving me under a Police Horse to keep me clear of the fighting, with all the Leeds Fans dressed in White Boiler Suits and Lab Coats. Plus numerous League and Cup games over the years, including the dark times of Div 3 and many Testamonial Games.

I may be new here, and that is because as time has moved on, I have become more concerned and dug around for more information. Part of that digging around led me here.

Again, apologies if I have offended or upset anyone, it really is not my intention.

Fair play mate, no issues with your posts, but any chance we could get a positive one ?

8 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

You haven’t offended me but I can’t speak for others .

Alan Nixon makes a good point on reflection 

“They are already in enough bother already as things stand – but the fact they will manage to get through until the end of the season is a plus, before assessing whether they can hold on and wait until the transfer window opens to sell some of their key assets if a preferred bidder isn’t in place by then.”

Edited by Curtains
Added

17 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I just wondered out how you worked it out it was posh lol. I must have missed that area.

@Curtains to give you some clarity around Atherstone it isn’t posh. My wife is from nearby Sheepy so know it reasonably. To those passing through Atherstone its deceptive, it can even give the impression it’s a nice little market town. It’s anything but with one of the roughest estates in the region within its boundary. Posh is Market Bosworth. 

Back on topic - we’re not getting liquidated, the Binnies pulling out doesn’t concern me, I can only assume there are other bids on the table. Whether they are high enough to avoid -15 deduction next season we don’t know, but this is a major risk we’ve known about for some time and has always been a likely scenario. 

1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

Fair play mate, no issues with your posts, but any chance we could get a positive one ?

Thank you.

I`ll try! ..........and believe me I`m scouring legal documents, EFL rules etc to find any chinks of light.

Unfortunately my nature is to look on the Black Side, then any improvement on that is a bonus. It`s just my mental make up.

I will try though, I promise!

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

@Curtains to give you some clarity around Atherstone it isn’t posh. My wife is from nearby Sheepy so know it reasonably. To those passing through Atherstone its deceptive, it can even give the impression it’s a nice little market town. It’s anything but with one of the roughest estates in the region within its boundary. Posh is Market Bosworth. 

Back on topic - we’re not getting liquidated, the Binnies pulling out doesn’t concern me, I can only assume there are other bids on the table. Whether they are high enough to avoid -15 deduction next season we don’t know, but this is a major risk we’ve known about for some time and has always been a likely scenario. 

Agreed I’m just joshing with him .

-15 point is a very likely scenario and we all know it. 

Liquidation isn’t an option .

On an upbeat note Clinton Morrison thinks we are staying up. .

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-sky-sports-pundit-offers-derby-county-relegation-verdict/

Come on you Rams 

42 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think you misunderstood me .

Im talking if Mel doesn’t give the Stadium back and we fold I will never set foot in Pride Park area again .

If the City Council don’t help they should also be held responsible.

Wow, As and ex Chadd lad myself, There's some strange goings on on here, How on earth would Derby City Council be responsible, Yes Poulter Council leader and(ST Holder)said at the Council meeting Derby would lose circa £100m, I'd hazard a guess the money for this finacial year coming up has been spoken for, They've just pi$$ed £160k for canal boat trips reported in the DET, The Government will not approve of this venture, Unless it's seen that the Government bail out Chelsea.

Some posting appear to set other posters off ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Wow, As and ex Chadd lad myself, There's some strange goings on on here, How on earth would Derby City Council be responsible, Yes Poulter Council leader and(ST Holder)said at the Council meeting Derby would lose circa £100m, I'd hazard a guess the money for this finacial year coming up has been spoken for, They've just pi$$ed £160k for canal boat trips reported in the DET, The Government will not approve of this venture, Unless it's seen that the Government bail out Chelsea.

Some posting appear to set other posters off ?‍♂️

Maybe they could divert the Assembly Rooms money lol 

At some point in time, bidders would need to drop out so we can get to a PB. Not sure I'm remotely worried about the Binnies dropping out.

I'm more worried of Ashley low balling the bid so much we end up on minus 15. I'll struggle to support any new owner who believes this is a better option than paying the minimum amount needed.