The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t like the company name. 

if you do a company house search on companies whose name begins with Derby County there are a fair few. There seems to be a guy on Broadway (in Duffield?)  who in March snaffled some of the more sensible names (I guess by buying shelf companies and changing the name to things like Derby County Ltd). May have been something to do with CK’s bid I guess. Wonder whether he tried to sell those to DC’s team...? 

Perhaps it’s possible for the old company to change its name and for the new club company then to assume the old one  ?‍♂️ 

This is the one that the club was https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00049139/filing-history last update was the administrators report in April. Not sure if this will still be the club going forward ?

45 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

I'd always found Ipswich fans to be a fairly well-adjusted rational bunch and have sat and talked with their fans before games so it's a shame if even that lot have lost their s*** over us 'getting off lightly' and illustrates what a great misinformation job has been done on us by some parties. It's just bizarre how transfer embargo for almost 2 years, relegation-ensuring points deductions and absolute plundering of the academy to the tune of tens of millions of pounds of talent and denial of the opportunity to preserve the value of any of our playing assets by renewing contracts so we can at least get some money for the steady stream of players leaving when they were inevitably got looted. But no, none of that seems to count. I though the mostly blank squad list posted by someone the other day illustrated the scale of things perfectly! (Before the small burst of incomings...). Oh, and almost ceasing to exist as a club... but no, you're right, its been a breeze.

These deluded fans of other teams are welcome to go through what we've been through if they think it was anything less than utterly traumatic. It's been death by a thousand cuts with likely years of damage and setbacks inflicted.

Don’t let it bother you or change your opinion of Ipswich fans (or “deluded fans of other clubs” in general). I think you’ll find it’s less than a dozen Ipswich fans that have posted something negative. Of course that doesn’t mean that they’re not representative of the whole fan base but it also doesn’t mean they are. That’s one of the problems with the Internet and social media. It provides a platform for the minority to spout rubbish that can then be perceived as a widely held view.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Don’t let it bother you or change your opinion of Ipswich fans (or “deluded fans of other clubs” in general). I think you’ll find it’s less than a dozen Ipswich fans that have posted something negative. Of course that doesn’t mean that they’re not representative of the whole fan base but it also doesn’t mean they are. That’s one of the problems with the Internet and social media. It provides a platform for the minority to spout rubbish that can then be perceived as a widely held view.

Well, I'd agree with that, so I guess everyone else does!  ?

Relegated, Rooney gone, not going busy or thrown out of the league..... for the vast majority of the football world any interest in derby county has departed with us to be forgotten about and left alone now.

A few will have bought into the cheating for years stuff or somehow convince themselves that the EFL somehow not contriving a pretext to throw us out of the league counts as "getting off easy" but for most,no, went down,no more superstars, new ownership move on.

We'll get chants and various crap thrown at us for years but mostly it'll be "banter"

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

I'd always found Ipswich fans to be a fairly well-adjusted rational bunch and have sat and talked with their fans before games so it's a shame if even that lot have lost their s*** over us 'getting off lightly' and illustrates what a great misinformation job has been done on us by some parties. It's just bizarre how transfer embargo for almost 2 years, relegation-ensuring points deductions and absolute plundering of the academy to the tune of tens of millions of pounds of talent and denial of the opportunity to preserve the value of any of our playing assets by renewing contracts so we can at least get some money for the steady stream of players leaving when they were inevitably got looted. But no, none of that seems to count. I though the mostly blank squad list posted by someone the other day illustrated the scale of things perfectly! (Before the small burst of incomings...). Oh, and almost ceasing to exist as a club... but no, you're right, its been a breeze.

These deluded fans of other teams are welcome to go through what we've been through if they think it was anything less than utterly traumatic. It's been death by a thousand cuts with likely years of damage and setbacks inflicted.

Most fans of other clubs I have spoken to (even Forest) have been sympathetic and understand how disgustingly the fans of DCFC have been treated. Some also agree the EFL have been awful with us- eg accountancy experts agreeing with Derby’s view on the amortisation plus EFL failure to stop Gibson. I don’t know about other teams boards but they often attract people who don’t know the facts. 
That Bristol guy may have specific problems so maybe it’s best not to mention him. Anyone joining multiple fans forums with this weird agenda shouldn’t be thought of as coherent. 

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Most fans of other clubs I have spoken to (even Forest) have been sympathetic and understand how disgustingly the fans of DCFC have been treated. Some also agree the EFL have been awful with us- eg accountancy experts agreeing with Derby’s view on the amortisation plus EFL failure to stop Gibson. I don’t know about other teams boards but they often attract people who don’t know the facts. 
That Bristol guy may have specific problems so maybe it’s best not to mention him. Anyone joining multiple fans forums with this weird agenda shouldn’t be thought of as coherent. 

Mr Pop is still trying to drum up anger from other fans though.

On the Wycombe forum there's a 'Bristol City fan in peace' appeared encouraging them to keep after us for compensation.

I wonder who the the 'Bristol City fan in peace' might be ??

There's also a Derby fan on there (not me) who seems far too friendly to them for my liking

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I'd second that.

Very few EFL teams fans I would generally dislike on the basis of the team.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Relegated, Rooney gone, not going busy or thrown out of the league..... for the vast majority of the football world any interest in derby county has departed with us to be forgotten about and left alone now.

A few will have bought into the cheating for years stuff or somehow convince themselves that the EFL somehow not contriving a pretext to throw us out of the league counts as "getting off easy" but for most,no, went down,no more superstars, new ownership move on.

We'll get chants and various crap thrown at us for years but mostly it'll be "banter"

If the players have the same attitude playing for Derby as last season and start winning, that will soon shut them up, alongside the Derby faithfull roaring them on Home and Away, to old to be stupid but have a good feeling we will have a good season, COYR

2 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

when will we get to see any accounts?

when do we have to submit anything to the EFL?

At a guess, next year?

Obviously as it's now a new company that bought the assets there can't be previous years accounts for that company? Everything from last season will have had to come through the administrators I think?

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

At a guess, next year?

Obviously as it's now a new company that bought the assets there can't be previous years accounts for that company? Everything from last season will have had to come through the administrators I think?

There will be no more accounts for the old company on Companies House. They were the responsibility of the previous directors who are no longer in place. 

3 hours ago, WystonRam said:

This is the one that the club was https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00049139/filing-history last update was the administrators report in April. Not sure if this will still be the club going forward ?

Yes that’s it. Seems the  DCdeal involved that company selling the club and its business to DC’s newco. (That transfer was what enabled Lee Buchanan to argue he was not under contract, on the basis his employer had changed so he could repudiate (bit disappointed he did that))

anyway the company you identify has owned the club and been called that since the 1880s. Hopefully they will find a way to transfer the old name to the newco once the old company is liquidated 

3 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

On the Wycombe forum there's a 'Bristol City fan in peace' appeared encouraging them to keep after us for compensation.

There's also a Derby fan on there (not me) who seems far too friendly to them for my liking

So what if he is? It's not going to change anything. As @RadioactiveWaste say's we'll get banter regardless (even the party when Derby die songs were only banter and shouldn't be taken too seriously). I don't think any "fan power" drummed up by Mr Pop is really going to make any difference to either our punishment or compensation claims. Even most Wycombe fans are probably thinking either let it drop or leave it to our chairman. 

3 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

The deal is done - I don't believe for a second that they can get anything from us now, it's over, let it go.

23 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

The deal is done - I don't believe for a second that they can get anything from us now, it's over, let it go.

Agreed, doubt Wycombe can launch a successful claim. Derby have ownership now and any decent lawyer will bat it off. They are dreaming of extorting money- times gone now. 

39 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

I don't want to open a closed wound if it's closed...is it over and if it is...where has this been reported or is it that as we're now under new ownership WW can not pursue a case in court ?‍♀️ 

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't want to open a closed wound if it's closed...is it over and if it is...where has this been reported or is it that as we're now under new ownership WW can not pursue a case in court ?‍♀️ 

I strongly suspect that is the point of the new company.  

32 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I strongly suspect that is the point of the new company.  

Also - their entire grievance is linked to the timings of punishments, which were in the hands of the EFL, not us. The damage was done because they never submitted that argument to be tested in court, which muddied the water for our administration and potential liabilities. Now that we’re out of administration, they can either file papers or not - knowing that we can do what an ownerless club couldn’t do, and that is defend ourselves. Just feels like he’s playing to his audience of WW supporters and desperately trying to seem relevant.