The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If physical payment was made by the club then there is no issue that the club paid the player wages. So no 3 point penalty can possibly apply.

It also makes it very different to the Luton case which (as far as I understand it), was to do with making payments to players from non-official bank accounts.  There's all kinds of restrictions around what and how players are paid - things like all bonuses having to be written into contracts, to avoid match-fixing allegations etc.  Making payments from non-official accounts bypasses a lot of the monitoring of that, so it's a big no-no.  We didn't do anything like that, we made contracted payments to players from an official bank account.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If physical payment was made by the club then there is no issue that the club paid the player wages. So no 3 point penalty can possibly apply.

I said there is a crediblilty issue with the Daily Mail .. they cannot get basic details like who made the payments right. Stretford   Is a minority shareholder in SSS I believe. 

Stretford is the Managing Director of SSS. I don’t think the FA will be clever enough to pin anything to him. I am more concerned about Couhig who seems very confident he has got millions to come from DCFC.

24 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

That might make most of the Kirchner problems go away, but it doesn't solve the problem that nobody else was willing to match his bid, to put their money where their mouth was at the time.

We'd quite possibly just have seen more weeks of speculation with Ashley trying to drive the price down further, Appleby still trying to find investors for his bid, the usual.

Who was going to agree to a non-refundable deposit in March/April when the club already had enough funding to see out the season? You're risking a good option (on paper, regardless of how it turned out) dropping out with nobody to step into the void. 

Worse still you're risking the possibility of someone coming in with a seriously terrible lowball offer that you're then obliged to accept by virtue of it being the only one on the table.

Besides, all the time wasted with Kirchner wasn't actually a waste -

With a PB in place it allowed pretty much all of the groundwork to be firmed up in preparation for the eventual sale. That's why Clowes can 'do it in ten days', because the path has been trodden, the weeds extinguished and a clearer path to the finishing line unveiled.

The time wasted with Kirchner brought Clowes to the table in the first place - would he have stepped in if he wasn't already buying the stadium as part of Kirchner's bid?

So many variables and not at all as simple as some like to make it sound.

And all of that groundwork including DC buying PP.  At the time of CK’s original deadline on 7th May (?) that was still the issue.  Even at the time of exchanging contracts it was still subject to PP being sorted.  It’s now only done quickly because the person who bought the ground is buying club.  If it was anyone else it would still be taking a lot longer, possibly into next season.

37 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not going to argue with you but the EFL saw proof of funds and so did Q .

His workers at his company in America allegedly didn’t get paid for a month  so it’s obvious he had cash flow problems .

The BBC article hinted that CK had said pressure from his investors was one of the reasons. They wanted him focussed on his business and this was a distraction

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not saying it's so, but it has been known for 'media' to break a reporting embargo ie news sent out but embargoed until a certain time. But wtf it would be Smooooooth Radio? ? Nowt on SSN atm. ?

I did wonder if that might be the case, Smooth radio is not known for its investigative reporting, the news on Smooth is about 30 seconds long. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The BBC article hinted that CK had said pressure from his investors was one of the reasons. They wanted him focussed on his business and this was a distraction

I'd read in one of the logistics trade magazines that Goldman Sachs had started to question his outside distractions having lent him $70m through series C funding to grow Slync...

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I did wonder if that might be the case, Smooth radio is not known for its investigative reporting, the news on Smooth is about 30 seconds long. 

Perhaps they are planning to make inroads into this area?

"Ground breaking report on shocking developments with serious implications at local and national level...after Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty...."

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Stretford is the Managing Director of SSS. I don’t think the FA will be clever enough to pin anything to him. I am more concerned about Couhig who seems very confident he has got millions to come from DCFC.

If I were DC, i'd just completely ignore Couhig. That way he'd be forced to bring it to court for a resolution and to acid test his theory that we are solely responsible for the timing of the EFL penalty application.

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do you believe he cashed out years ago or have you proof !

If he bought early on which he claims to have done… which when a bitcoiner says that ur talking anything from a btc price of 100 dollars to 10k…. If he sold yesturday at worst he would have at minimum doubled his money… and at best made a bloody fortune but no one with half a brain would be selling now as we’re currently what is perceived to be this cycles market bottom.

if he sold in the last year or so or before chances are he sold at one of the two all time highs which would be anything from 50-69k per btc

there are also 100 of alt coins that a well connected person could of made 100+ times their money espdcially if theyre privy to pre launch issuance 

i fully believe he has money, i also fully believe hes a chancer and we’re better off without