The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The crunch will come next week, the EFL will seek reassurance from the administrators that they have got a short term loan or offers for players to cover this months wages, if they can't raise a short term loan then i can see the EFL taking further action (not the 3 point deduction) and bring things to an end. We can't keep trading whilst insolvent.

It is not in anyones interest to let the debt keep rising.

Not EFLs choice. 

18 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The crunch will come next week, the EFL will seek reassurance from the administrators that they have got a short term loan or offers for players to cover this months wages, if they can't raise a short term loan then i can see the EFL taking further action (not the 3 point deduction) and bring things to an end. We can't keep trading whilst insolvent.

It is not in anyones interest to let the debt keep rising.

Oh yeast of little faith

31 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's all well and good for the finance bods.

But what about the individuals?  The fans?

A number of them (on here and elsewhere) appear to be concerned about paying in full up front, only for the club to shut down part way through, and said individual/fan going straight to the foot of the ever-lengthening queue of creditors.  Even those using credit cards may not be covered by the card company, under the circumstances.  (I honestly don't know... check with your card issuer, folks!) 

My interpretation is that’s the reason Q are looking to secure funding for the season, that way there is a guarantee of at least one more full season of DCFC meaning those fans who can and want to are able to buy their season ticket with confidence.

There is however the small issue of the season finishing AFTER March 2023 which according to the EFL’s rules is the cut off point for the 18 months the clan can be in administration. Perhaps we’ll benefit from some of that famed EFL favour/flexibility fans of other clubs seem so sure we’ve already had on that particular point ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Any other business would be liquidated for trading while insolvent. I really hate to say this but it is going to take a fairly big loan to see the season out, yes players budget will be down but the club won't be exempt from the increase of utility prices, wage increase for any staff on minimum wage (if any) plus other sundry price increases.

How can we get a loan off anyone?

39 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

There are suggestions Ashley has tried to force q to reduce fees - that might have been a reason he was derailed 

Also quite possible that Stretford and Rooney somehow forced q to re-open discussions with CK. (it’s notable how little we have heard from Rooney)

We’re now in the position where Q’s unpaid fees are so high they themselves have a conflict in continuing to act 

All speculation isn’t it. What we do know is that at the time of the bids in December the Boro claim was still current. And q said none of the bidders wanted to accept any responsibility for that. And I don’t doubt that. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

So in the last 24 hours on here, we've had people on here openly criticising Quantuma for:

Ignoring the EFL (they're the regulator!).

Complying with EFL demands to sell players to raise funds.

Selling players and devaluing the club/risking relegation.

Not selling players to raise funds and cut costs (to avoid racking up so much extra debt paying wages etc).

And some people think Quantuma are the major problem here...

If we all agreed with everything there wouldn’t be need for a forum.

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

We should be looking forward to the new season but thanks to MM (and a bit of EFL, Gibson etc) we are witnessing possibly the slow death of DCFC. Disgusting 

Despite what people might think i want the club to survive but i am just taking a pragmatic view about the situation.

51 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

There are suggestions Ashley has tried to force q to reduce fees - that might have been a reason he was derailed 

Also quite possible that Stretford and Rooney somehow forced q to re-open discussions with CK. (it’s notable how little we have heard from Rooney)

We’re now in the position where Q’s unpaid fees are so high they themselves have a conflict in continuing to act 

MA hasn’t done us any favours with his micro mindset. You’d think that trying to reduce Qs fees by £500,000 was neither here nor there in the bigger picture.

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am getting out of here Mucker; the negativity of far too many is getting me down, indeed beginning to boil my piss. Q will make season tickets available with some assurance of fan protection I am certain of that. 

Up the Rams!

First and foremost... sorry to read that buddy, and more sorry that I seemed to have played my part!

I know where you're coming from, and I must admit, I generally tend to merely skip through the negativity.  It's not in my nature, as I suspect neither is it in yours.

For my part, I guess I've been drinking the devils advocaat a little this morning, and commenting based on other peoples comments, rather than my own thoughts/opinions.  I certainly don't have a problem with renewing (in the usual manner... up front) if and when the bloody things go on sale, but I'm not ignorant enough to not realise some are not in as fortunate position as myself, and some will have to cut their cloth more, and take less risks!

I hope you are right about the assurances to fans... for others, more than myself.  If I lose my little stake, I'm lucky enough just to shrug it off, utter the word "meh", and find me another weekend hobby!  

Stay strong, bro.  ?