The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

We owe £8.3m for player registrations, so who is the other £5.3m for?

Not sure why you have corrected @B4ev6ison the transfer fee as you probably have no more reliable information on it than he does.

Just saying mate that a fee derby could ask for a loan fee.

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not correcting him. I'm trying to stop him worrying.  We don't owe 9 million .  7.5 mas made clear as guaranteed fee at time of purchase. The rest was add ons. As the fee we paid recently was 1.5 you would assume it's 1.5 per season.  We still owe Lech 2.5 for Jozwiak.  Probably still owe Cocu some. If we still owe 3 million on Bielik plus another 2.5 as possible plus Joziak that's 8 there. 

Cocu's compensation was included among other unsecured creditors. £1m was owed to Wasserman (about 270k of that to the Netherlands branch). Total owed to unsecured creditors at the start of admin was £4m, down to £3m in April.

We don't know if that £1m was paid off in the meantime or just not claimed, nor if that missing £1m was Wassermam or other creditors.

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Eloquently put.

There is no money in a football stadium that cannot be used for football.  What would go there?  - a hotel?  Derby has all the chains.  Restaurants?  Plenty of those around, and less footfall due to no football.  Business premises - lots of that around, but it isn't the most expensive of real estate anyway, I believe.  Residential?  Yes, but not worth worth £20m +.  And then you need to get the Council to approve demolition.  

DCFC is realistically the only owner/user.  MM has to sell or he has to lease.  He wants to get as much of the debt on the Stadium off his back.  The Stadium is where you can make swinging reductions in how much you pay.

Walked past the council house today after a 10 minute trip down the human zoo that's St Peters Street, next time I'll bring something to fend them off .  The building is totally wrapped in scaffolding just 10 years or so after a hugely expensive repair job. Piss up and brewery.   They deffo haven't got 20 million to help Mel out.  Derby city centre really has turned into an absolute crumbling s*******.  Love the fact they knocked down an original art deco building in Debenhams to put up what appears to be a faux replica as well. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We owe £8.3m for player registrations, so who is the other £5.3m for?

Not sure why you have corrected @B4ev6ison the transfer fee as you probably have no more reliable information on it than he does.

It was £8.3m in November. SInce then we paid £1.5 m for Bielik instalment and possibly paid off much smaller ammouns to Wigan. SO of about £6m to £6.5 m outstanding now, of that debt around £2.5m for Joz and the rest for Bielik.   

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cocu's compensation was included among other unsecured creditors. £1m was owed to Wasserman (about 270k of that to the Netherlands branch). Total owed to unsecured creditors at the start of admin was £4m, down to £3m in April.

We don't know if that £1m was paid off in the meantime or just not claimed, nor if that missing £1m was Wassermam or other creditors.

We are still paying for Kieftenbeld, aren't we?

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It was £8.3m in November. SInce then we paid £1.5 m for Bielik instalment and possibly paid off much smaller ammouns to Wigan. SO of about £6m to £6.5 m outstanding now, of that debt around £2.5m for Joz and the rest for Bielik.   

Didn't the EFL hold back some TV money to pay some of the transfer debt off

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Potentially owed. That figure would have included promotion clauses (possibly also appearance based clauses and similar) on the likes of Bielik, Lawrence and Jozwiak.

The amount is taken from the administrators report, does that not show actual liabilities as opposed to potential liabilities?

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not correcting him. I'm trying to stop him worrying.  We don't owe 9 million .  7.5 mas made clear as guaranteed fee at time of purchase. The rest was add ons. As the fee we paid recently was 1.5 you would assume it's 1.5 per season.  We still owe Lech 2.5 for Jozwiak.  Probably still owe Cocu some. If we still owe 3 million on Bielik plus another 2.5 as possible plus Joziak that's 8 there. 

Cocu would not be classed as a player registration.

Not sure where you are getting the £1.5m from either? Per the administrators update there have been no distributions made in respect of money owed on player registrations.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Cocu would not be classed as a player registration.

Not sure where you are getting the £1.5m from either? Per the administrators update there have been no distributions made in respect of money owed on player registrations.

It was paid in January.

32 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Didn't the EFL hold back some TV money to pay some of the transfer debt off

Yes. And will have used it to pay instalments for Beilik as they fell due. They had no such power over the Jozwiak instalments as that was money owed to an overseas club.  

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm sorry but the information is out there in the public domain that shows the amount owing on player registrations was still £8.3m in April 2022.

No £8.3 m was the figure in November. There is no way we could default on payments due to UK clubs. As other have said EFL were witholding TV money from us to make sure these were paid. . 

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No £8.3 m was the figure in November. There is no way we could default on payments due to UK clubs. As other have said EFL were witholding TV money from us to make sure these were paid. . 

I am reading the administrators update.

The amount at the time of entering administration was £8.3m and no payments were made between entering administration and April 22.

Guess it is possible that it was paid directly by the EFL.

Edited by G STAR RAM

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The £8.3 figure included all monies owed in fees.... Some off Bielik fee was paid has said by the money the EFL held also the fee for Bielik was not £10 million. 

It was rising too that figure with various clauses ie appearances, caps and promotion the papers love to quote the headline figure makes better headlines. 

So if the actual figure was £8 million it was reported we had paid £2 million of it plus the EFL diverting the TV money installment so the actual owed maybe around £4 million. 

The unknown is how much the EFL withheld clubs receive a £4.5 million solidarity payment from the Premier league plus TV money from the Efl of £2.5 mill topped up by appearances of £100,000 per home game and £10,000 per away game. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The amount at the time of entering administration was £8.3m and no payments were made between entering administration and April 22.

What surprises me is that they didn't take out greater insurance against such an expensive purchase.  If I was to buy a player for that amount, I would want to insure against salary and transfer fee should they fall injured.  I'm not sure they bothered with either.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think it's more than possible it was paid by the EFL. But not the Jozwiak instalment as that's outside EFL's powers to withold monies due to non-English clubs. 

21 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

What surprises me is that they didn't take out greater insurance against such an expensive purchase.  If I was to buy a player for that amount, I would want to insure against salary and transfer fee should they fall injured.  I'm not sure they bothered with either.

The premiums would be huge

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Totally agree.  However, the thing with football, and you see it with this site is the illogical hope and yearning for more than is reasonable.  Looking oblivion in the face, the question is promotional pushes and avoiding 15 point penalties.

Fans love those who spend too much until it runs out.  Fans are less keep on the prudent types. And football is rarely a profitable business, so those who run it don't want to buy mid table mediocrity. They want to spend spend spend, and few want that spending on their account - they can borrow the future for that.

I hope the bottom paragraph is the next six years. 

I don't think they do. 

Fans love success. I doesn't mean over-spending. You could say last season was a success of sorts. It made me very proud of my Club. That's the feeling most fans want, it usually comes with winning things - I hope we can try and win the Papa Johns trophy, I still remember winning the Watney Cup!