The Administration Thread

Boycie

for me it is about the fit for the club.

ashley was never a fit at newcastle because they were a fan base that demanded to be entertained and compete for trophies. once they didn't like him there was no going back.

here, ashleys type of ownership is everything we require. we need stability and a sustainable model. we wont demand success like newcastle fans do, we demand a team that cares like this season has proven, and a well run club. we will get that with ashley. there may be growing pains but derby county football club will do well with mike ashley as our owner because like him or lump him he is a shrewd operator and wont waste a penny of the clubs money.

and for me most importantly of all, if ashley is named as the owner of this club, there is zero chance we will be in this position again in a few years time. and with somebody like CK that was not a guarentee. i dont care how ashley gets the club, whether its for 20p or 20 million with -15 or no deductions, i just want this club to live to fight another day.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I've convinced myself that the money will never clear because it has never been sent. If it was taking this long just to clear regulatory checks then I reckon there must be something seriously suspicious about it.

Photoshop.

2 minutes ago, alram said:

ashley was never a fit at newcastle because they were a fan base that demanded to be entertained and compete for trophies. once they didn't like him there was no going back.

here, ashleys type of ownership is everything we require. we need stability and a sustainable model. we wont demand success like newcastle fans do, we demand a team that cares like this season has proven, and a well run club. we will get that with ashley. there may be growing pains but derby county football club will do well with mike ashley as our owner because like him or lump him he is a shrewd operator and wont waste a penny of the clubs money.

and for me most importantly of all, if ashley is named as the owner of this club, there is zero chance we will be in this position again in a few years time. and with somebody like CK that was not a guarentee. i dont care how ashley gets the club, whether its for 20p or 20 million with -15 or no deductions, i just want this club to live to fight another day.

I was interested to read the interview with MA from 2008 in the Guardian, particularly this bit:

"Insisting that his habit of wearing black and white replica shirts and sitting with fans at away games is "not a gimmick", Newcastle's owner said: "I wear my strip and go in with the fans because that's how I've always gone to football and I enjoy it. Nothing beats the atmosphere of being in with the fans....it's tremendous to be part of.

I feel like they do. I'm in with the fans and if we are not playing well I'm thinking to myself: 'How can this be? We are Newcastle United and we should be doing better than this.'"

3 minutes ago, alram said:

I’d agree that’s what we need but it does sound similar to when we had Clough Jr and the American owners who brought stability and a balanced budget after the premier league debacle. Unfortunately after a while the fans did demand more…

1 minute ago, baiano27 said:

I’d agree that’s what we need but it does sound similar to when we had Clough Jr and the American owners who brought stability and a balanced budget after the premier league debacle. Unfortunately after a while the fans did demand more…

you are right, but i do feel things will be different and we will appreciate a well run club from now on. even if there is grumblings, we will know the grass isnt always greener because somebody comes in and splashes a load of cash.

To this day still can't understand Kircheners desire to buy our club. 

I can understand Ashley's which is motivated by making some money out of us long term but Kirchener? Some random Yank with no affiliation to football suddenly deciding that he's interested in acquiring a League 1 football team. 

Just don't get it. Ditto Ryan Reynolds whom waffled on about Wrexhams appeal was having some intrinsic values tied to local communities or something very similar which still doesn't really explain things at all.

At least Reynolds had the cash needed to buy the club but Kirchener? It's just bizarre. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

19 minutes ago, alram said:

We need the training ground and stadium run down, the academy neglected, a complete lack of communication with the fans and piss take managerial signings? A soulless match day experience? 

Yeah OK. 

Convince yourself that the it was just Newcastle fans delusions about where their team should be finishing that lead them to take against him if you want, as long as you waive your right to complain about a lack of ambition in a few years and some of the above issues repeating here. 

To be fair you've suggested that above to a degree. 

The re-evaluation of expectations never lasts long, it's not the nature of football fans. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

To this day still can't understand Kircheners desire to buy our club. 

I can understand Ashley's which is motivated by making some money out of us long term but Kirchener? Some random Yank with no affiliation to football suddenly deciding that he's interested in acquiring a League 1 football team. 

Just don't get it. Ditto Ryan Reynolds whom waffled on about Wrexhams appeal was having some intrinsic values tied to local communities or something very similar which still doesn't really explain things at all.

At least Reynolds had the cash needed to buy the club but Kirchener? It's just bizarre. 

CK enjoys kicking tyres, only explanation I can think of.

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We need the training ground and stadium run down, the academy neglected, a complete lack of communication with the fans and piss take managerial signings? 

Yeah OK. 

Convince yourself that the it was just Newcastle fans delusions about where their team should be finishing that lead them to take against him if you want, as long as you waive your right to complain about a lack of ambition in a few years and some of the above issues repeating here. 

The re-evaluation of expectations never lasts long, it's not the nature of football fans. 

You have that or no club at all to follow? Most of us would choose that after the way the last few years have gone and staring down the barrell of not existing much longer

25 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Efl potential points deductions will only be imposed if a new purchaser cannot meet the terms of the insolvency policy of 25p in £ on exit or 35p in £ over three years (to unsecured creditors). 

https://www.realbusinessrescue.co.uk/advice-hub/the-football-creditors-rule-what-is-it-and-what-does-it-mean-for-all-creditors

Here is information about what classifies as an unsecured creditor when looked at as the football creditors rule.

Those figures are the minimum requirements imposed by the EFL in order to avoid a points deduction not the amount the creditors are "entitled" to. Technically they are entitled to 100% but they will certainly have to accept significantly less. I'm guessing you just used the wrong phrase when you said "entitled to". I wasn't meaning to be difficult. I just wondered if you knew something not mentioned before.

Edited by Tamworthram

34 minutes ago, Archied said:

Not rattled at all , I’m interested and asked the question who YOU were calling for when slating the call for Ashley brigade , care to tell us ?

also stated that it’s by no means certain Ashley means 15 points deduction so not really being pessimistic 

whoever saves derby I will be happy as long as we are saved , derby have been here before and always ups and downs ,unless we cease to exist , so yes I’m in the call for Ashley brigade because he’s the only one I know for certain has the money to buy ,sustain and even take us to the prem IF that’s what he chooses and he says he wants the club

OK, so I don't have anything against Mike Ashley. I'm against -15 points. I don't think we will stay up if we start on -15. I would be over the moon if Ashley comes in and buys the club without any points deduction. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We need the training ground and stadium run down, the academy neglected, a complete lack of communication with the fans and piss take managerial signings? 

Yeah OK. 

To be fair you've suggested that above to a degree. 

i'm not going to sit here and defend every move ashley has made.

but the reality is we are a completely different club and job to newcastle. he will make us a sustainable club, it is what we need. and if it means he takes us as far as he can he can sell us on as an attractive club to buy then so be it.

but the long term future of this club is not in doubt with ashley as owner. that is a fact.

2 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

OK, so I don't have anything against Mike Ashley. I'm against -15 points. I don't think we will stay up if we start on -15. I would be over the moon if Ashley comes in and buys the club without any points deduction. 

If Ashley is viewing us a long term investment which I'm sure he is then he won't be arsed short term with us potentially dropping down to League 2 if we do incur a 15 point penalty next season, have you ever considered that?

You don't even consider the returns on a   financial investment being sound or not until at least 5 years have gone by, that's the nature of the beast. 

If you are expecting instant returns on a long term investment then you're in the wrong game and need to be sticking your money under your mattress or in a bank.

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Reynolds was inspired by the Sunderland till I die documentary on Netflix interestingly:

13 minutes ago, alram said:

you are right, but i do feel things will be different and we will appreciate a well run club from now on. even if there is grumblings, we will know the grass isnt always greener because somebody comes in and splashes a load of cash.

I like your optimism and hope you are right. Unfortunately football fans are a fickle bunch. Modern society has little patience these days so I fear we will be in the minority. How many times has Tom Lawrence gone from hero to zero to hero and so on…