The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

You’d hope so.  I can’t remember Quantuma’s phrase in their statement last night but they basically said full and final bid with no caveats.  That should cut both ways.  Bids come in this week, short period of clarification, announced towards the end of next week.

What I don't understand in this 'final bid' is whether the administrators will find themselves conflicted between what's best for the creditors and what's best for the club.

MA could possibly turn up with a briefcase full of cash like you see in the films and another bidder could offer 1p more but it's made up of perfectly legit money they've borrowed from their mates, who've promised to cash their ISA and transfer the money.

I know which I'd go for but not sure it would be legal. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Should Stretford and Rooney have a say in who buys DCFC ? Who is their second choice for a new owner? Rooney said 14 months ago “The takeover needs sorting very soon”. Perhaps we will get a statement soon from Wayne, after all he is the manager.

I’m not sure they should. Essentially, and perhaps sadly, it should come down to money. Who is going to pay the most, which has the most realistic and financially viable business plan going forward and which (probably the impossible one) is most likely to complete before the golden share is withdrawn. With the best will in the world, I’m not sure Rooney has the ability to make that judgement. 

Perhaps it might be nice if Rooney had some input based on the bidders vision for the future but unless that is consistent with the best return for creditors, the creditors interest has to trump that. After all, the administrators job is to act on behalf of the creditors. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Look at it from the point of view of an investor in Slyncio

you've invested 10s of millions in a company that aims to get listed on the most highly regulated securities market in the world

your CEO is jetting around the world pursuing his hobbies and runs into problems with anti-money laundering issues. Anti-money laundering !! 

if I was the investor I would confiscate the keys to his plane, and tell him if he doesn’t get back to his desk and stop twattering around he’ll be on the wrong end of a massive legal claim for damaging his investors’ interests 

I’m only saying because I had some money laundering check done on me when as a carefree  youth I took part in a company sharesave scheme and from the start of the scheme to the end the share price had tripled if not more. I then turn up at the bank with a wad of cash and based upon my previous history the bank didn’t believe where I got the money from and had to go through a series of checks which meant contacting the company and making sure the shares were genuine etc. It felt like it went on forever.

I blew the most of it on fast women and drink. The rest I just wasted.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure they should. Essentially, and perhaps sadly, it should come down to money. Who is going to pay the most, which has the most realistic and financially viable business plan going forward and which (probably the impossible one) is most likely to complete before the golden share is withdrawn. With the best will in the world, I’m not sure Rooney has the ability to make that judgement. 

Perhaps it might be nice if Rooney had some input based on the bidders vision for the future but unless that is consistent with the best return for creditors, the creditors interest has to trump that. After all, the administrators job is to act on behalf of the creditors. 

Whilst time is important the Efl fixture list should absolutely not be the determining factor. We need to be able to renew player contracts so the deal needs to be closed very quickly. But closing a deal in two weeks just because the Efl are worried about their fixture computer is ridiculous . We need a proper owner who will pay enough for creditors and not an asset stripper . 

the Efl deadline can be dealt with by some form of guarantee by local benefactors. Clowes has already got a deal for the stadium soo that can be part of the business plan so that we are financed for the season or until the new owner takes over. 

10 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

What I don't understand in this 'final bid' is whether the administrators will find themselves conflicted between what's best for the creditors and what's best for the club.

MA could possibly turn up with a briefcase full of cash like you see in the films and another bidder could offer 1p more but it's made up of perfectly legit money they've borrowed from their mates, who've promised to cash their ISA and transfer the money.

I know which I'd go for but not sure it would be legal. 

Given the administrators primary job is to recover as much money as they can for the creditors, I assume they’d be duty bound to accept the second offer (assuming it could be completed within an acceptable period of time) but, presumably with some deadline for completion so that if the second bidders mates reneged on their promise, the administrators could revert back to the first offer. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Of course q should be asking for Rooney’s view. (I’d think they have been getting it anyway) They then need to assess whether his preferred route is likely to bring the best result for the creditors (taking into account his likely action if they ignore his preferred route ) 

The unanswered question is whether Rooney’s (and Stretford’s) power has been Q’s greatest asset or their biggest nightmare in this process. It’s now clear to us all how much the half baked appointment of CK as preferred bidder - Stretford’s choice - has damaged us. 

Another unknown just now is whether Stretford will find a new investor to step into CK’s shoes. This talk of new bidders emerging suggests he might 

What nonsense. Ask the manager who he wants to buy the Club? ?

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Whilst time is important the Efl fixture list should absolutely not be the determining factor. We need to be able to renew player contracts so the deal needs to be closed very quickly. But closing a deal in two weeks just because the Efl are worried about their fixture computer is ridiculous . We need a proper owner who will pay enough for creditors and not an asset stripper . 

the Efl deadline can be dealt with by some form of guarantee by local benefactors. Clowes has already got a deal for the stadium soo that can be part of the business plan so that we are financed for the season or until the new owner takes over. 

Fair enough but we’re then just talking about a different date the deal needs to be completed by rather than the principle of who should be involved in the decision.

53 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

It might be the best bid, unless I decide to outbid him.

But either way, neither of us can produce the funding.......

You can't.

The process Q outlined calls for 'best and final' bids. They don't let you come back for another go!

1 hour ago, Phuket Ram said:

He owns the stadium but it’s not part of dcfc or administration, except that MSD has a charge against it for the £23m loan. Whatever happens, he won’t make a bean on the stadium. 

I know its not part of dcfc or administration. My question is has the sale of the stadium gone through yet or was it reliant on the takeover? If the club is liquidated the stadium becomes useless and i would rather that fall on mel rather than whoever decided to help us out by buying it.

Edited by GenBr

5 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Hate to say it because I was sucked in, aided by Nixon , when something seams too good to be true it normally is. Talking of Nixon noticed he has disappeared off twitter

The vast majority on here got sucked in, It must have cost the yank a tidy sum along the way, WR, Stretford, Garry Cook were his cheerleaders so we have nothing to be worried about concerning "sucked in", It never made sense to me why he'd want to pi$$ a few million £s on something that he's not connected too, Yes there's those out there that buy clubs that they have no affinity too, Those in the Premier League I can understand as 100s of millions will follow, But we were good to be relegated when the yank got involved.