The Administration Thread

Boycie

Even if he were interested, Ashley might solve Morris' problem but surely won't offer enough to avoid crippling sanctions from the EFL and in any case, why would he want a crippled League 1 side who have all on to avoid relegation to League 2 for 50m quid ? We are not looking a very viable proposition for anyone unless Morris chooses to make it so.

I'll go with something positive... Ashley is my preference of the two (the only two!).  Hopefully he will pay 20p in the pound and we don't have 35p in the pound debt repayment to service over two years.  Should mean that our business plan is less restrictive revenue wise.  If Wayne Rooney believes in the Kirch's vision what is stopping Mike Ashley tapping into that?  "I tell you what Wayne, you can have Gary Cook and your agent on the board as planned, I'll give you a better budget.  Ooooo and we'll be able to maximise on all that PP revenue because we'll own it".

We are of course still incredibly beholden to one man for any of this to happen.... Mel Morris MBE

49 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He can afford to buy the stadium, just like Ashley can afford it. But with the debts that means paying £50m+ for a league 1 club which is about double what it’s worth. If was just down to wealth we’d have been bought by now, it’s the value of the deal that’s the issue, it is not a good deal right now! 

So do the £25m deal and use stadium rent free.

Get promoted then worth £50m and buy PP for £25m.

A chant went up in the South stand on Saturday of”Give back the ground or we will burn it down” . It’s clear now that Mel is not bothered what happens now a large crowd cannot be gathered and a riot breaks out.Once again he has played us for fools.

14 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

If he was willing he would have done it already. He had the funds to save the club months ago... I don't see Rooney and co sticking round for -15. Done that crap once, no need again. 

People keep saying that yet there are a few key points that counter the argument:

1. It’s not his style to pay the asking price for businesses that he takes over

2. He clearly didn’t think that the original price reflected the actual value left in the club - and much as I hate to say it, he’d be right. Without the stadium, the club is worth very little - certainly a lot less than the amount CK has offered. 

3. if he is looking to buy us, then it’s likely he’s thinking of a 10+ year plan to get us up the Leagues and sell us for a tidy profit - in that type of scenario, picking us up as cheaply as possible and accepting whatever penalties apply would make sense….

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Sorry but Liquidation is very likely now IMO as Morris refusing to write off loans if Stadium isn’t dealt with allegedly 

Do the £25m deal.

Agree to buy PP for £20m within say 2 years and play there rent free until then.

Would that suit both sides...

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is the bit that worries me now .

”And in a further twist Morris will not agree to write off personal loans he has in the club without an agreement on the stadium”

Isn't there also some suggestion that some loans are secured against some other MM properties?

This would further complicate issues and require settlement of the loans or a reallocation of the charges. MM will want a resolution with no potential future risk to himself.

I can just imagine MM’s smug face in the meeting today. 

Credit to CK for even being able to sit in the same room as him for more than 1 minute. 

But I also think Mel isn’t as rich as people think. I can imagine some of his businesses have suffered from this and also he would struggle to set any new ventures from now on. 

The guy is an absolute tool. 

4 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Do the £25m deal.

Agree to buy PP for £20m within say 2 years and play there rent free until then.

Would that suit both sides...

I just think the whole thing is a total mess and the amount of money needed to fully take over with Morris playing hardball is now too much for anybody .

No idea what the solution is now .

I am hoping it’s not liquidation