The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

We also tried to get Watkins when Rowett was manager but pulled out at last minute allegedly when Exeter increased the price I think .

So Mel was trying to be frugal then but it didn’t pay off .

Thats Football 

It was Steve Mac that spoke to Exeter about an approach for Watkins during the January transfer window, then not long after that in the March Rowett came in. Watkins stated he wanted to stay at Exeter until the end of that season because they were involved with a possible promotion which they lost in the play off final to Blackpool. It's possible that he would have signed for Derby, but come the end of the season we had Rowett in charge, who I believe stated Exeter were asking too much. He was bought for £1.8m and sold 3 years later for £28m.

After his first attempt to buy Derby and the fact he seemingly can’t afford the ground and either can’t afford or isn’t prepared to pay enough for the 15 points to be avoided. I suspect 1 of 2 things will happen. Firstly, the EFL will refuse ( correctly) to apply the minus 15 points this season and he will walk away having basked in his 15 mins of fame, or. EFL do agree to apply the 15 points this year and MA swoops in and buys the club and ground. Either way I would be shocked if he ever ends up being the owner of DCFC 

2 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

After his first attempt to buy Derby and the fact he seemingly can’t afford the ground and either can’t afford or isn’t prepared to pay enough for the 15 points to be avoided. I suspect 1 of 2 things will happen. Firstly, the EFL will refuse ( correctly) to apply the minus 15 points this season and he will walk away having basked in his 15 mins of fame, or. EFL do agree to apply the 15 points this year and MA swoops in and buys the club and ground. Either way I would be shocked if he ever ends up being the owner of DCFC 

How do you know the 15 points is an issue .

I think he knows it will be next season already 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe not IYO not mine though and you are entitled to your view. 
I cringe over the others who have messed us about though.

Really poor from them

Not sure whom you are alluding to when you say they've messed us around?

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe not IYO not mine though and you are entitled to your view. 
I cringe over the others who have messed us about though.

Really poor from them

What was that blokes name who pulled out around Christmas time? Chris something or other?! ?

We aren't an enticing buy, we've got more debts than water in the oceans, Mel wants his money back and the EFL are playing 'choke the life out of us'. So you're surprised bidders haven't been rushing in to put £5m down or offer tons of dosh? Really?

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What was that blokes name who pulled out around Christmas time? Chris something or other?! ?

We aren't an enticing buy, we've got more debts than water in the oceans, Mel wants his money back and the EFL are playing choke the life out of us. So you're surprised bidders haven't been rushing in to put £5m down or offer tons of dosh? Really?

I’m not surprised but disappointed ? 

Ashley pulled out when about to be named PB allegedly 

CK is PB 

I wait to see what happens 

6 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

If we are hit by 15 points it would be a disgrace. The rules are out dated and not fit for purpose. The idea of applying a 15 point deduction was to discourage owners from putting clubs into admin, clearing the debts and continuing to own the club. That’s not the situation, we’d be taken over by someone completely independent of Mel. The EFL should be as accommodating as possible to a new investor. 
The rule actually allows for this as it doesn’t categorically say that they must apply the 15 points.
The problem is the people that wrote the rules and knew their intentions are not there any more to apply the common sense.

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m not surprised but disappointed ? 

Ashley pulled out when about to be named PB allegedly 

CK is PB 

I wait to see what happens 

Ashley pulled out when the EFL stopped Q class-cramming Boro/Wycombes claims.

I think Ashley is interested in a deal for the Club and stadium, whether it is to late who knows.

If CK comes up with the money then he's the new messiah! #COYR

18 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It was Steve Mac that spoke to Exeter about an approach for Watkins during the January transfer window, then not long after that in the March Rowett came in. Watkins stated he wanted to stay at Exeter until the end of that season because they were involved with a possible promotion which they lost in the play off final to Blackpool. It's possible that he would have signed for Derby, but come the end of the season we had Rowett in charge, who I believe stated Exeter were asking too much. He was bought for £1.8m and sold 3 years later for £28m.

The Derby way in reverse......commonly known as Ovines' law of inversion ?

8 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

If we are hit by 15 points it would be a disgrace. The rules are out dated and not fit for purpose. The idea of applying a 15 point deduction was to discourage owners from putting clubs into admin, clearing the debts and continuing to own the club. That’s not the situation, we’d be taken over by someone completely independent of Mel. The EFL should be as accommodating as possible to a new investor. 
The rule actually allows for this as it doesn’t categorically say that they must apply the 15 points.
The problem is the people that wrote the rules and knew their intentions are not there any more to apply the common sense.

This .......plus other Clubs want our head on a plate before they are finally happy