The Administration Thread

Boycie

32 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

The point I was making is that there is a distinction between blocking someone on social media i.e., from access to your feed and blocking someone from the platform itself. It's not only a difference in capability but a difference in the type of action. 

Pretty sure if you went on Twitter and accused their owner of being corrupt, taking bribes to favourably misrepresent certain users, and assisting in the misrepresentation of information, they would ban you too. 

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

If, and it’s still a big if that no one will want to buy us (and we still might stay up anyway), why do you think that clubs won’t want us in the league - 1 or 2?

We bring with us good support, and therefore income; the prospect of playing at a well known/big stadium; media and Sky attention - fame and fortune and everything that goes with it.  In short we will be a prize, especially in the lower leagues.  There is no such thing as ‘the football family’ with altruistic views. Chairmen think with their wallets and we will, certainly for the first couple of seasons at least, be box office.  And that’s before the health and safety police start to wonder about the wisdom of our supporters descending upon non league grounds and towns.

But before all that becomes an issue just keep clinging on to the positive thoughts. Keep positive.

This is a really good point of view, but doesn't wash.

Re-frame the argument as if Derby are in the Championship next season, then who do we want to come down from the Premier League? ... Everton, Newcastle and Dirty Leeds ... because they're massive clubs; will bring loads of fans to PP; be on Sky every week; and we have a nice day out in some big stadiums? (rather than beatable teams such as Norwich, Burnley, Watford).

Every club is only interested in themselves. A L2 club would much prefer a Macclesfield or Boreham Wood to an AFC Derby County, as it might be one less team to worry about in the promotion / relegation race.

Liquidation means we lose our Golden Ticket to the EFL.  The EFL are not gonna give it straight back to us.  If it went to a vote, I presume M'Boro, Wycombe and Ridsdale have already voted, so it only needs five or six L2 teams to scupper it.

I can't believe any interested party wants to buy us in liquidation, as we would be out of the EFL.

I still really believe that the delay is Q going back and fore to the creditors to sort a deal which allows us to avoid the 15-point penalty (e.g. a longer term payment plan to HMRC / purchase of PP).  Running the clock down any further and then liquidating us in April or May would mean that it would be too late for any new club to be set up and join any league next season. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Oh really you think the reality of the situation is not serious then .

Fair play to you .

I think when our problems sink in you might be more depressed than me. 

Sorry Curtains, but the situation is not serious.  Serious is sitting in a bunker in Ukraine, with no food, power or water, and hearing shells overhead. 

Our situation is frustrating, perhaps annoying, but nothing much more. Very worst case we will be able to follow the Rams in a lower division. Nothing to get too depressed about really either, especially as we might starting winning and scoring again regularly.

21 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

I see on twitter that chap @ANDY Derby5hire is claiming that "someone" will make a statement later today.

I can now reveal that "someone" is none other than myself.

Here - in full - is my statement:

"I am tired of waiting for news on the Derby County takeover so I will comfort myself by eating a full packet of plain chocolate digestives".

Thank you.

Please note other biscuit comforters are available.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Oh really you think the reality of the situation is not serious then .

Fair play to you .

I think when our problems sink in you might be more depressed than me. 

There's nothing you can do about DCFC and there's a whole lot more to life than football. 

Of course I don't want anything bad to happen to the club I've supported for 40+ years but I'm not going to worry about something that's out of my control. 

13 minutes ago, ck- said:

Pretty sure if you went on Twitter and accused their owner of being corrupt, taking bribes to favourably misrepresent certain users, and assisting in the misrepresentation of information, they would ban you too. 

A) That's irrelevant to the point I made that you quoted B) I've seen plenty of people accuse twitter of having a conflict of interest and unfair, bad practices on the platform whilst spreading disinformation without being banned. But again that's a different question. 

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry Curtains, but the situation is not serious.  Serious is sitting in a bunker in Ukraine, with no food, power or water, and hearing shells overhead. 

Our situation is frustrating, perhaps annoying, but nothing much more. Very worst case we will be able to follow the Rams in a lower division. Nothing to get too depressed about really either, especially as we might starting winning and scoring again regularly.

As rational as that is, it doesn’t change the fact that the liquidation of DCFC would destroy some people.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

QPR after administration in 2001 only had 5 registered players, Holloway put together a squad of out of contract players/journeymen, but most of all he built team spirit, first season in “div3” we were mid table, 2nd season play off finalists, 3rd season promoted as runners up, to be fair those three seasons were great from a game view, after 6-7 years of downwards movement form the PL days we were finally winning games.

only downside is we exited admin with a bigger debt than when we entered thanks to the ABC loan, but without it we would have gone bust.

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

A) That's irrelevant to the point I made that you quoted B) I've seen plenty of people accuse twitter of having a conflict of interest and unfair, bad practices on the platform whilst spreading disinformation without being banned. But again that's a different question. 

Let’s try a different tack. Let’s imagine you’d invited a bunch of people to your house for dinner and one of them started treating you disrespectfully. I don’t think you’d just ignore them, I think you’d ask them to leave and not come back. 
if you provide a service it’s entirely up to you to decide who you’re prepared to let use that service. 
Now take it a step further and imagine it was a restaurant and you were dependent on other people believing your integrity. 
Perhaps I’m over thinking it ?

i can see your point, I just don’t think it’s unreasonable  for someone to be banned for calling another’s honesty into question. 

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I can now reveal that "someone" is none other than myself.

Here - in full - is my statement:

"I am tired of waiting for news on the Derby County takeover so I will comfort myself by eating a full packet of plain chocolate digestives".

Thank you.

Please note other biscuit comforters are available.

It got to be plain chocolate, all the way! ❤️

Edited by David Graham Brown

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As rational as that is, it doesn’t change the fact that the liquidation of DCFC would destroy some people.

Destroy? I really do hope not. Liquidation, if it happens, and I still don’t think it will, would not be the end. A new club would start, not too far down in the pyramid, and it would still be DCFC notwithstanding what all the fearmongers say.

13 minutes ago, ck- said:

Let’s try a different tack. Let’s imagine you’d invited a bunch of people to your house for dinner and one of them started treating you disrespectfully. I don’t think you’d just ignore them, I think you’d ask them to leave and not come back. 
if you provide a service it’s entirely up to you to decide who you’re prepared to let use that service. 
Now take it a step further and imagine it was a restaurant and you were dependent on other people believing your integrity. 
Perhaps I’m over thinking it ?

i can see your point, I just don’t think it’s unreasonable  for someone to be banned for calling another’s honesty into question. 

I think there you're getting into a bit of a mess on the private vs public distinction. The analogy of someone's home doesn't quite stack up when you're using a public forum that is designed to allow for expressions of opinions.  If it was a restaurant that is purely a service industry which again is quite different to this specific example I think. There is little to no public service benefit to restaurants and no one has a direct need to enter a restaurant as it's the only restaurant in town. This is the issue with seeing forums (especially big forums such as twitter, facebook and on a smaller level this one) as merely services provided by someone. Once a platform becomes sufficiently big and influential it kind of transcends that claim. 

I didn't say it was unreasonable to ban them but I did say it's just not something I would have done.  But all this is kind of mute as I'm not the one running the show and I'm not a moderator, just one forum poster with very little to no influence. 

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Destroy? I really do hope not. Liquidation, if it happens, and I still don’t think it will, would not be the end. A new club would start, not too far down in the pyramid, and it would still be DCFC notwithstanding what all the fearmongers say.

The distant possibility of a phoenix club won’t matter to some people. It will, at best, cause serious mental health issues to a lot of people if Derby County Football Club were to go under.

It already is causing issues and we haven’t even been liquidated. You and I will be fine, but we don’t represent the hugely diverse array of DCFC fans.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7