The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As all my fellow mechanical engineering colleagues use to say "The yellow pages had it right, Boring - see civil engineers" oh we laughed and fate landed me working with an endless number of geologists.

Oi, I was a Civil Engineer back in the day!  And, yes, an Electrical Engineer mate of mine took great pleasure in ringing me one evening to get me to look up Boring in Yellow Pages.

1 hour ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I once read an article, by an accountant, in Accountancy Today magazine, he wrote that there are only 3 types of accountants, those that can count and those that can’t count. 

I’d heard a similar one about clowns…

’There are two types of people in the world, those that hate clowns and…

Clowns’ ?

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just when you thought I couldn’t get any more fun, I’ve got an interview to become an actuary on Friday. 

Tell them you Understand the do and dont of  amortisation, contribute regularly to the administration thread on this forum and you'll sail through it. Good luck.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just when you thought I couldn’t get any more fun, I’ve got an interview to become an actuary on Friday. 

Isnt that years and years of exams? Good luck with the interview. One of the partners where I worked years ago used to have a huge list of jokes comparing accountants to supermarket trolleys but luckily for the forum I was always too drunk when hearing them to remember them now

14 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Tell them you Understand the do and dont of  amortisation, contribute regularly to the administration thread on this forum and you'll sail through it. Good luck.

I know saw an email at work today encouraging comment to a consultation on insolvency and I thought how long have you got!

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Isnt that years and years of exams? Good luck with the interview. One of the partners where I worked years ago used to have a huge list of jokes comparing accountants to supermarket trolleys but luckily for the forum I was always too drunk when hearing them to remember them now

7 years is the median time. 

Being of hugely above average intelligence I did it in 6.75 ?

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Of course! Thought mine were long enough accountancy then tax but 7 years is tough

In truth it might now be a bit shorter. One of the drivers was that because the profession was quite small and did everything itself, exams could only be sat once a year. 

You didn't study continuously round the year for that one sitting. Usually October to April... ?

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Might have to wait 2-3 weeks fella to get to that stage .  Think the 10 days advised might be a bit short.

Look unless they extend it again they need to get skates out and get paper work ready to sign and then announce the new owner or owners.