The Administration Thread

Boycie

35 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Well said, i don't suscribe to sky sport, my only interest in football is the rams and england occasionally. If we go under i will be finished with football.

Me too, I couldn’t watch another team play, football would never be the same ever again.  I have never, and will never hand money over to sky to watch football. To do so and then moan about the corruption of football by money would be hypocritical IMHO.

Having said that The only other club I have watched other than Derby was Hitchen Town when I lived in Hatfield as a student.  I couldn’t afford to drive all the way home/ and or was worried that my Vauxhall Viva wouldn’t make it back up the M1!  So I will probably feel able to watch a local amateur or semi pro team, or a reformed Derby team if that was to happen.

Back to the topic in hand.  I think Ashley is playing hardball, and will wait to the last minute.  I have worked for company that went into admin, it took ages for things to be sorted out, The Admins had no other job but to get the best deal for the creditors.  The biggest bids came in on the very last day, even the last hour…

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Well as life started by "biological life forms" billions of years ago i'd wouldn't want them to be discounted, I mean look where these biological life forms have got us, To a stage where the word "English" have got under the skin of one or two posters.

PS I hope you realise my post was tongue in cheak StrawHill

Of course, not better place for the tongue is there ?

I’m not sure that all Life started as biological life forms. I believe life started from electric stimuli  on the molecules in inert gases/ solids or otherwise inert substances

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Genuine question- do the reactions of the Boro fans surprise you?

For my sins I'm a member of Ramstrust and they seeked to engage with their counterparts at Wycombe and after a few attempts they eventually got the Wycombe/Couhig party line back in response.....

They don’t surprise me as I don’t think they have all the facts so from what they know their views are understandable.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Eh myself and @RoyMac5 both replied to your post clarifying what Roys original post meant. But I'm picking at flies and he wasn't. OK. Head wobble time. 

? My point about Longson was to try and point out that this idea there was a time when football was pure and unsullied by money and power isn't so.

Edited by RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Yes Pete, that comes from the mouth of Gibson himself in the second statement he's put out in a week, largely repeating the drivel he put out the week before. Q have chosen not to respond to him and he seems frustrated that they will not waste their time on him. He too doesn't seem to have grasped the fact that in the normal course of events, while he can make a claim against the company that is DCFC Limited, he cannot make a claim against any of the directors because they are personally protected by limited liability. In his offer to Gibson, Mel has offered to forego this protection and expose his own personal assets for Gibson to target in the High Court.

You might have noticed that in the same statement he says that part of the MFC claim is that a central point is that during the period that DCFC was systemically cheating they overvalued Pride Park when one of Mel's other company's bought it. Well the EFL disciplinary hearing cleared DCFC of that charge for explicit and carefully explained reasons but Gibson seems to think he can ignore the ruling. A lot of people on here were angry about that point but also laughed at Gibson's perceived stupidity.

Mel's statement makes me think that it was crafted alongside his legal team while Gibson's utterances make me think that he is just shooting from the lip without recourse to legal advice.

So in short, I cannot take Gibson seriously on what he is saying around this claim and I will not give him headroom. I don't think you should either. I am at the point where the claims don't worry me any more but I am extremely irritated that whilst they remain in the realm of the EFL they are stopping the sale of DCFC.

Gibson now irritates me as much as does Emmanuel Macron with his post Brexit attacks on the UK. They both seem to be suffering from Little Man's syndrome and need a good kicking. I think Gibson will get just that if he accepts Mel's offer of going to the High Court. But I fear he knows that and will try to keep the matter within the cesspit of the EFL which is an environment where little rats can thrive.

Oh Gibson is a Bamford, but even the MFC  statement refers to the claims also being against the Directors.

(Failed) action against other directors has been taken by EFL itself  against Chansiri of Sheff Wed . If that is the case , and Boro has tried the same then I don't see why Mel cannot simply take them on himself.. I certainly hope he can, and get these chancers off our back. .     

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Of course, not better place for the tongue is there ?

I’m not sure that all Life started as biological life forms. I believe life started from electric stimuli  on the molecules in inert gases/ solids or otherwise inert substances

Well, As our earth was hit by the another planet which became the Moon, Then took a 100s of millions of years to cool down give or take a few million years, Then bombarded by Comets, Asteroids and other detritus(loose term)electrical storms and molecules could have been the stimuli that kick started life on earth, But as I wasn't there I can only take note of what Professor Brian Cox and those rather clever people who have studied this subject.

PS as for your tongue in cheek comment, We'll leave it there ?

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Screenshot_20220206-104337_Twitter.jpg

So two left in them. The 'Preferred' preferred bidder all along, Appleby, (as he's the only one that is prepared to give MM what he wants for the stadium and Q seem to be going along with it) but can't raise all the fuss yet. And Binnies who are low ball, want to rent stadium. Not going to end well this. 

46 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Agreed with all of that bar the above. There's no delusion. Folk don't think they matter because of a 50 year history. They think they don't matter in spite of it. And they're right ?‍♀️

Yes, that's more accurate. 

It was interesting to see the super clubs fans react to the European Super League

"What about the fans!!!?"

lol. 

Better late than never

19 minutes ago, AndyB said:

They don’t surprise me as I don’t think they have all the facts so from what they know their views are understandable.

I was alluding to something more fundamental and tribal than that, Wycombe and Boros fans allegiances are with their clubs full stop. 

Would their views by any different if they both were in possession of all the facts? Interesting one. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

Ashley has run an English team sustainably for well over a decade. Rush was in post during our spell of frivolous spending (at best) that caused our current problems. I would say that makes Ashley far better qualified. Don’t want to speak for Kathcairns but I think being English provides a better understanding of the history and culture of the club and area. Not sure why people seem to want to read more info it than that 

Rush was appointed as the president and chief executive of Derby County in September 2012. In November 2014 he was named FC Business Championship chief executive of the year. All going pretty well during his time at the club under the ownership of GSE. In October 2015, Rush signed a new five-year contract at Derby with Morris stating: “Rush is a big reason for the turnaround in the football club and a main for reason for me having joined the club”. A couple of years later Rush is accused by Morris of <cough> “gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty"<cough> although the matter never made Court, despite Morris “relishing the opportunity”.

27 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Is'nt that what i said, picking flies again.

You must be new around here ?

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yes, that's more accurate. 

It was interesting to see the super clubs fans react to the European Super League

"What about the fans!!!?"

lol. 

Better late than never

Odd isn't it? I'll always follow my beloved Rams but I don't even watch the Premier League games anymore. I don't much bother with the CL either save for the final stages and even then, only if there's domestic interest. I remember religiously watching MOTD as a kid, even when Derby weren't involved. Not watched it years, though I do, I confess have other 'hobbies' these days. TBH, if this is the end of Derby County, and FWIW, I'm certain it's not, I'd walk away from the game and never give it a moment's thought.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

? My point about Longson was to try and point out that this idea there was a time when football was pure and unsullied by money and power isn't so.

Where there's money there will be "unsulliedness"(have i just made a word up?)George Jobey 1929, We were paying players more at the 1946 FA Cup final, It wouldn't surprise me that Steve Bloomer was well looked after by those that ran the club.

Money breads power, Power brings Narcissism, Narcissism brings dislike, Dislike brings downfall...eventually

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I agree, I cant ser his offer being taken up so he will then need to indemnify but I dont think he needed to offer that just yet.

I just think now there appears to be a solution to these claims one way or another which hopefully means a PB isnt far away - Ashley pulling out before not being picked as a PB is him saving face, thats if he was ever really in

Hope you are right I really do