The Administration Thread

Boycie

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The problem is and has been all along that the EFL won’t determine on Boro/Wycombe because they say they have to look after all their clubs not just Derby County .

They may think the Boro case has no validity but they are afraid to determine on it as they allegedly didn’t enforce their own rules on Derby and therefore could leave themselves open to lawsuits 

Spot on! ?

45 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

In case we do manage to pull off the impossible and survive all this. Can we please add Boro to our official list of rivals? Checking their forum, complete bunch of ***** and *********, hopefully what goes around, comes around. Wonder if they will fail FFP anytime soon?

Allegedly struggling this season and currently sitting 6th. Glasshouses and stones comes to mind.

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

In case we do manage to pull off the impossible and survive all this. Can we please add Boro to our official list of rivals? Checking their forum, complete bunch of ***** and *********, hopefully what goes around, comes around. Wonder if they will fail FFP anytime soon?

They are blinded how utterly wrong Gibson is and they are really ill informed and buying into the ‘Derby cheated’ thing. While Gibson is there, would love them to crumble.

They will be failing FFP. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

The problem is and has been all along that the EFL won’t determine on Boro/Wycombe because they say they have to look after all their clubs not just Derby County .

They may think the Boro case has no validity but they are afraid to determine on it as they allegedly didn’t enforce their own rules on Derby and therefore could leave themselves open to lawsuits 

The problem is the EFL do not apply their rules in a consistent manner the rules are interpreted and applied on a case-by-case basis according to what suits the particular EFL agenda at the time 

I have edited the first sentence of your post; I think it should read as follows ? 

The problem is and has been all along that the EFL won’t determine on Boro/Wycombe because they say they have to look after themselves, to the detriment Derby County .

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

But didn't Boro spend more than us, or have I got confused?

No, you aren't confused. I cannot see the logic at all. 

If the thesis is that we somehow "over performed" by spending a bit more, then logically boro must have massively underperformed given that they spent more. 

Since the argument is all relative it makes no sense to me at all 

Surely it would be more logical for Boro to sue pulis and the players for underperforming so badly...... 

Gibson's argument is the equivalent of complaining that we beat him in a race using a Ford Focus ST we'd leased at a rate we couldn't really afford, ignoring that he was driving a Bugatti Veyron (that it turns out he also can't afford the upkeep of)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

10 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Gibson's argument is the equivalent of complaining that we beat him in a race using a Ford Focus ST we'd leased at a rate we couldn't really afford, ignoring that he was driving a Bugatti Veyron (that it turns out he also can't afford the upkeep of)

Spot on. And he hired Tony Pulis to drive it.