The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, SBW said:

Of course they're answerable to the court.  

But much like a manager is answerable to the Chairman/Owner.  They are still answerable to stakeholders.

Well now is not the time. And they have already told you -  this was the EFL’s fault. They won’t change their tune on that 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I think it does. Telling all parties to stop pontificating, posturing and to sort it out. Its warning shot across the bows.

Sorry but "the Sports Minister has urged everyone to take a pragmatic approach, in the interests of staff, fans and the local community."

Doesn't sound like a warning shot. 

15 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Can a journalist/mp/council/other interested party ask Boro to give a breakdown of their £45m claim. Why are they allowed to sit there silently unchallenged with a figure plucked out of nowhere. 

It wasn't plucked out of thin air.

It was predidted by Paddy Power on the assumption of promotion.

And that's the Truth

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If its so abundantly clear they will take action against us, why haven't they already done so?

At the point they were not included on the creditors list, it should have been abundantly clear to them that the administrators were not making any provision for their claims, yet 8 weeks later they've still not taken any action...I wonder why that is?

They can't sue us whilst we are in administration.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it does. Telling all parties to stop pontificating, posturing and to sort it out. Its warning shot across the bows.

If it's a warning shot it's a very light one. Realistically apart from trying to bring the actors to the table and using the review into sports administration as a threat there probably isn't a ton the government can realistically do to apply pressure. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

If it's a warning shot it's a very light one. Realistically apart from trying to bring the actors to the table and using the review into sports administration as a threat there probably isn't a ton the government can realistically do to apply pressure. 

Threaten to review how the EFL is set up and works?

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If its so abundantly clear they will take action against us, why haven't they already done so?

At the point they were not included on the creditors list, it should have been abundantly clear to them that the administrators were not making any provision for their claims, yet 8 weeks later they've still not taken any action...I wonder why that is?

Seeking to.

You can't make a decision based on what you believe their intentions to be.  You're saying it like I don't know it's entirely malicious.  Doesn't mean you don't address it.  

It is blatant what they are doing and why they are doing it.  But Q have fallen right into it. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I believe the review into sports administration is looking into that isn't it? 

Yeah I didn't know if you could say something like 'and all this will be put into the review, it's not looking good!'? Meh.

I think I'd rather the Admin found 'proof of funds' and we crowd-funded Nick de Marco!

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

This is better, getting to the root of the stalemate if Quantama do press for a legal injunction 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60031718 

It will focus the political minds looking in.

However, the EFL say they do, in the knowledge that Middlesbrough's legal victory over Liverpool in 2002 over the transfer of Germany international Christian Ziege was regarded as a football debt.

Well of course that was a ducking football debt, because it related to a disputed transfer fee for a FOOTBALLER!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!