The Administration Thread

Boycie

On 15/01/2022 at 11:12, I know nuffin said:

Derby. EFL want to see funds for season by Feb 1 or threaten to ‘take away the golden share’ … that means kick out of league. EFL saying they would let a bidder take club on if they agree to pay any compo bills for Boro/Wycombe. That’s after admin statement blamed them … 

Massive change by EFL if this is true from Nixon

If it is true then the EFL has written its own death sentence. There is no way that is legal. It’s blackmail 

Now of course we don’t know if it is true but it is damming evidence that Boro are pulling strings way beyond what any individual member should be able to do … can this really be true ? 

Edited by jono

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree, but that appears to be what they are saying.

They could be saying to the administrators "Trust us, we're on your side in this" but then we're back to square one. Would you trust the EFL to stick to their word? I know I wouldn't. 

No I wouldn’t seeing as not so long ago they said the extra 9 points deduction was the end of the matter.

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And when the issue came up in the case of Inland Revenue v Wimbledon, who was the administrator for Wimbledon, but Mr Andrew Hosking (then at Grant Thornton). Do EFL not think he understands the issues here?  And does the EFL not realise how it would look if Boro's ambulance chasing claims jumps ahead of HMRC in the creditor queue? Or even cause liquidation meaning HMRC gets nothing?  

Well well well, There were 2 guys who came to our place of employment Midland Car Parts(Richard C Hartley)when we were put into administration, Grant Thornton were the Administrators we traded for about a month before being sold, Our warehouse wasn't part of the buyout, 40 of us lost our jobs, I was there less than the statutary 2 years so didn't get any redundancy pay, I/we lost all holiday pay, As we were at the bottom of the pile where payments were to be made.

I/we would often get updates on expences that Grant Thornton charged Midland Car Parts, They were at the top of the food chain where payments were concerned.

My thoughts on the Administrators have taken a severe knock ?

I hope Andrew Hosking had nothing to do with any of the cases i've posted

https://www.insidermedia.com/news/yorkshire/71000-buyer-sought-motormania-and-midland-car-parts

https://www.cityam.com/grant-thornton-and-partner-fined-over-750000-over-interserve-audit-failings/

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-watchdog-fines-grant-thornton-18-million-interserve-audits-2021-11-01/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58671915

I have had another Parry reply. Fair play to him but he conveniently ignores every direct question I ask which could be simply answered with a yes or no. I have sent another. Maybe he’ll have a look this evening. Unfortunately he missed MOTD last night as he was replying to lots of emails. Maybe he’ll miss MOTD 2 if we keep up the pressure. The tide is turning.

I know RamsTrust meet with the administrators but does anyone have email addresses for the other groups that do - BAWT is it and Punjabi Rams I think - so I can impart some information to them. Twitter is no good to me, it’s full of Gibsons.

Keep up the pressure everyone. Write to your MP, write to the EFL (maybe Trevor Birch is feeling left out), maybe ring them or forward the petition to people to sign. Now is not the time to sit idly by. Now is the time for action. 

#whatwouldcurtisdo

#stoptheefl

We’re Derby County - we’ll fight to the end. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I have had another Parry reply. Fair play to him but he conveniently ignores every direct question I ask which could be simply answered with a yes or no. I have sent another. Maybe he’ll have a look this evening. Unfortunately he missed MOTD last night as he was replying to lots of emails. Maybe he’ll miss MOTD 2 if we keep up the pressure. The tide is turning.

I know RamsTrust meet with the administrators but does anyone have email addresses for the other groups that do - BAWT is it and Punjabi Rams I think - so I can impart some information to them. Twitter is no good to me, it’s full of Gibsons.

Keep up the pressure everyone. Write to your MP, write to the EFL (maybe Trevor Birch is feeling left out), maybe ring them or forward the petition to people to sign. Now is not the time to sit idly by. Now is the time for action. 

#whatwouldcurtisdo

#stoptheefl

They have a website here with a contact form 

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/

54 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That's why I'm thinking the administrators could push for arbitration immediately. No way would the EFL risk giving credence to Wycombe or Boro. Once it is dismissed, we're free to name a buyer. 

yes it's quite reasonable to say: it should work like this, the admins ought to be able to bring the 2 claimants to the table and kick out their stupid claims. But this is probably dressed up as a breach of contract claim, a breach of the contract between the EFL and all the clubs. If that's right, they have 6 years to bring the claim. That's just what the admins are stuck with

26 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

#whatwouldcurtisdo

#stoptheefl

And Punjabi Rams:

https://www.punjabirams.co.uk

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

yes it's quite reasonable to say: it should work like this, the admins ought to be able to bring the 2 claimants to the table and kick out their stupid claims. But this is probably dressed up as a breach of contract claim, a breach of the contract between the EFL and all the clubs. If that's right, they have 6 years to bring the claim. That's just what the admins are stuck with

Thought 'tricky Ricky' has been emailing about how quickly arbitration could be done - why can't they bring the other two to the table if we ask?

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree, but that appears to be what they are saying.

They could be saying to the administrators "Trust us, we're on your side in this" but then we're back to square one. Would you trust the EFL to stick to their word? I know I wouldn't. 

We have been done over with our appeal against the 12 point deduction and by agreeing to the 9 point deduction, we could have even taken that into next season based on all the arguments, I share your mistrust of every EFL contact or panel or conversation.

31 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Well well well, There were 2 guys who came to our place of employment Midland Car Parts(Richard C Hartley)when we were put into administration, Grant Thornton were the Administrators we traded for about a month before being sold, Our warehouse wasn't part of the buyout, 40 of us lost our jobs, I was there less than the statutary 2 years so didn't get any redundancy pay, I/we lost all holiday pay, As we were at the bottom of the pile where payments were to be made.

I/we would often get updates on expences that Grant Thornton charged Midland Car Parts, They were at the top of the food chain where payments were concerned.

I hope Andrew Hosking had nothing to do with any of the cases i've posted

https://www.insidermedia.com/news/yorkshire/71000-buyer-sought-motormania-and-midland-car-parts

https://www.cityam.com/grant-thornton-and-partner-fined-over-750000-over-interserve-audit-failings/

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-watchdog-fines-grant-thornton-18-million-interserve-audits-2021-11-01/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58671915

They are very expensive but in fairness they are trying to bring us out of admin and the EFL are stopping us.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Regardless of the Gibbon, surely the EFL will think this through and realise that this will open the biggest can of worms and create problems between teams that they simply won’t be able to deal with. I am hoping common sense prevails on this….

Sounds sensible but the EFL it seems have been sat on this for months doing - nothing !

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

the EFL are FURIOUS with Q following Friday's announcement, they have made that quite clear in Parry's responses to emails. Q has little chance of further footie mandates, they'll be back to winding up law firms. There's not a secured creditor in the country who would appoint administrators who have so alienated the regulator   

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought 'tricky Ricky' has been emailing about how quickly arbitration could be done - why can't they bring the other two to the table if we ask?

yes it can be done very quickly once it starts, thanks Rick !!!    ELF will doubtless be speaking to Gibson but they can't force him to initiate the formal claim.   But if Ashley doesn't sort this out for us there's a chance Q could go to court to get an order that the arbitration needs to proceed 

Edited by kevinhectoring

37 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

#whatwouldcurtisdo

#stoptheefl

You have to wonder why he bothers replying when he doesn't answer the quesions asked. Not really a reply then is it?

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

the EFL are FURIOUS with Q following Friday's announcement, they have made that quite clear in Parry's responses to emails. Q has little chance of further footie mandates, they'll be back to winding up law firms. There's not a secured creditor in the country who would appoint administrators who have so alienated the regulator   

It's a regulator that is about to be abolished. and for good reason.. they are the incompetent ones.

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I'll drop Rick a quick email to check.  That way he'll be furious with a headache.  The worse his migraine the more chance of him pooping or getting of the pot.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, as it's fairly deep into legalese and that's certainly not my area of expertise. But Parry's comments to individual people emailing him don't sound to me like they are demanding the Wycombe and Boro threats be settled - not in as many words. It sounds like he's saying there's a standard process in EFL rules which means we should be looking at the internal mediation.

Wycombe and Boro aren't claims - there's no legal reason that we have to consider their request for payment. It's solely down to the EFL rules that say members with grievances need to use their framework to resolve them, and they won't allow the sale to proceed until these grievances are resolved.

So why don't the Administrators push the EFL to do that, at the earliest opportunity?

Then the EFL have to decide if the claims have merit - and if they decide they do, they truly have opened pandora's box on themselves. I think that could be the death knell of the football league, as every team can make a claim that something cost them points, which cost them places, which cost them money and promotion.

I also wonder how our wage bill is so high, when we've got such a small group of players with a lot of youth and academy stars in there. Surely they aren't a huge overhead on our wage bill?

My understanding of the EFL's stance on this (and from what I recall from reading their respective rules a few weeks back) is that they very much don't have to decide if the claims have merit.  In layman's terms, their rules stipulate IDC throughout the whole process.  They very much want no input into such proceedings, save for sanctioning the IDC's decision(s) and punishment(s)... and all without recourse for appeal, apparently?

I guess that's why Parry did his Manuel impression, claiming "I know nothing.  I from Barcelona"!  

?‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Beetle said:

I assume all the club's that break ffp this year will have to pay the covid loan back as I believe that is why we could not have it. If not the EFL should give it us, with assurances from the preferred bidders. All this then goes away.

COVID loans run to 2024. Except our which ran out in 2021.