The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Consider that they didn't think the EFL would go 'against statute' and there is your answer!

Hi Roy, I understand your point but you would think the EFL should act in the interests of all members and try and resolve disputes or at least frame them in such a way that enables all parties to continue to function. Also the Administrators have a duty to clarify the financial picture of the Company which in this case they seem to be struggling to do. 

Just agreed a possible scope of claim for a client against a business in Administration which is very similar. Just have a feeling the Administrators are being a bit 'passive'.

You are right though the EFL seem stuck in their own processes which is very damaging for DCFC.

So if what Nixon states is true & we can name PB if they're willing to take on any potential compo claim, isnt that what the admins wanted all along, other than the obvious of the Boro & WW claims being withdrawn.

So, surely all 3 interested parties who have made offers knew these claims were never going anywhere, so they may have to potentially deal with them down the line, although not long ago the talk was the EFL wouldnt allow a PB until the claims were sorted.

Anyway, if the 3 interested parties are still here, they will have known this is what the admins wanted, for them (new owner) to take these claims on.

So now these 3 parties need to very quickly decide what to do - 

1. Walk away

2. Buy us & take the risk of paying either £0 or £51m by going court

3. Agree a settlement as part of their overall price

4. Input a deposit to cover us for the season, be named PB, but not officially take us over until the efl arbritation is done

1 minute ago, Ramleicester said:

Also the Administrators have a duty to clarify the financial picture of the Company which in this case they seem to be struggling to do. 

How do you know that?

We were all under the impression they were going to the EFL to tell them who the Preferred Bidder was?

2 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Just agreed a possible scope of claim for a client against a business in Administration which is very similar. Just have a feeling the Administrators are being a bit 'passive'.

They may have previously been under the impression (say from the previous Boro ruling where they were told to butt out) that the EFL would play by the rules. But calling them out yesterday and suggesting the EFL are 'breaking the law' seems anything but passive?

Surely, with this forum being a creditor to the club and affected by the decisions of the EFL, can we not crowdfund members to get a legal opinion on the stance from a creditors point of view? QC opinion would likely be £6k.

if the legal opinion is strong enough we make it public and other creditors may also get involved. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I think you need to give your head a wobble Kevin. You have got this all wrong.  

Let me put it a different way:

The evidence suggests the EFl and Ashley have both had the same advice, namely : Q’s plan for exit from administration has holes in it.  The result: Ashley won’t hand over the deposit. The EFl won’t accept a funding plan that relies on that exit 

25 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

How is it an unenforceable threat if they're the governing body of the league? I believe they've done this before with teams such as Macclesfield that have not shown financial viability whilst in administration for their remaining fixtures. The deadline they've reportedly given us could be significant for that reason, it could also be a way to signal to us of the need to raise funds via other avenues due to the deadlock they themselves have created. 

If the club is banished from the football league then surely the natural route would be a phoenix club i.e., a new iteration of Derby county starting from scratch outside the football league. 

Macclesfield were not paying their bills, so games were postponed due to players not playing. . banishing someone from the League just because of a spat over how we should deal with dodgy claims from Boro and Wycombe is not something EFL will be allowed to do. 

Bury are continuing as same  Company and same  club (restarting next season I believe) despite being banished by EFL.  

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So if what Nixon states is true & we can name PB if they're willing to take on any potential compo claim, isnt that what the admins wanted all along, other than the obvious of the Boro & WW claims being withdrawn.

So, surely all 3 interested parties who have made offers knew these claims were never going anywhere, so they may have to potentially deal with them down the line, although not long ago the talk was the EFL wouldnt allow a PB until the claims were sorted.

Where have the EFL said anything but 'sort the claims out first'?

12 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

But what the EFL are doing won't just relegate us, it will kill the entire club. How do they think it's possible in any way to sort out a £51m claim while we're in administration? They're must be someone at the EFL who has something personally against Derby, I can't think of any other reason why they'd do this.   

I wished I had an answer, If there is a sun kissed horizon then come Febuary 1st, EFL will put everything to bed and close down Boro/Wycombes case and we'll be close to relegation, If they follow their alleged "letter" then we're Ducked!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know that?

We were all under the impression they were going to the EFL to tell them who the Preferred Bidder was?

They may have previously been under the impression (say from the previous Boro ruling where they were told to butt out) that the EFL would play by the rules. But calling them out yesterday and suggesting the EFL are 'breaking the law' seems anything but passive?

I know that from dealing with businesses in administration for about 30 years. It is the very essence of why a business is placed into administration. Clarify the position and find a way out. The claims have been known about for months and it is just suprising that we have got to this stage and the obstacle to announcing a bidder is the fact that these claims are still shrouded in doubt and quantum.

Passive in terms of exhausting every possible route to make the club ready to sell. They seem good at words and threats just thin on resolution.

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Anyway, if the 3 interested parties are still here, they will have known this is what the admins wanted, for them (new owner) to take these claims on.

So now these 3 parties need to very quickly decide what to do - 

1. Walk away

2. Buy us & take the risk of paying either £0 or £51m by going court

3. Agree a settlement as part of their overall price

4. Input a deposit to cover us for the season, be named PB, but not officially take us over until the efl arbritation is done

4 potential  scenarios. Can’t think of any others.

i think it’s between 1 and 4. Largely friending of whether they have an emotional interest in the club or not.

ashley probably not so 1.

appelby may have so 4, but target friends on his backers.

Btw isn’t Moxey in his consortium and also in the efl board, must have some insider knowledge?

9 minutes ago, RAMS1992 said:

Surely, with this forum being a creditor to the club and affected by the decisions of the EFL, can we not crowdfund members to get a legal opinion on the stance from a creditors point of view? QC opinion would likely be £6k.

if the legal opinion is strong enough we make it public and other creditors may also get involved. 

If that was the case wouldn’t Ashley have already taken that advice?

If indeed what many on here want to believe, that the EFL are acting improperly, then I doubt it would put Ashley off as he could sort the situation out legally when in situ!

I take everything the Mel/administrator combo have to say with a large pinch of salt!!

10 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

I know that from dealing with businesses in administration for about 30 years. It is the very essence of why a business is placed into administration. Clarify the position and find a way out. The claims have been known about for months and it is just suprising that we have got to this stage and the obstacle to announcing a bidder is the fact that these claims are still shrouded in doubt and quantum.

Passive in terms of exhausting every possible route to make the club ready to sell. They seem good at words and threats just thin on resolution.

I'll repeat, why would they think the EFL wouldn't stick by what they said before and tell Boro to keep out of it? Plus how much more positive than having a PB can you be?

So if you know about administration where do the EFL stand on refusing to let the Club exit when we have a PB lined up?