The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The Jagielka issue is more likely to be more of a problem for Jagielka. If he was to play tomorrow and get injured, badly injured, and his contract expires 17 January he could be out of the game with no money for a considerable period of time. Shame, but Stearman will do a good job for us tomorrow. Jags will hopefully hang around the club a few days until the proof of funds has been lodged/accepted, and he can sign up again till the end of the season.

I strongly object to you posting sensible and well reasoned posts at a time like this?

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

More bleak media reporting this time from Sky

But the administrators always only had short term funding to see us through to us securing a bidder and that was made clear in the initial interview. So how can we confirm there are funds to the end of the season? How could we have ever done it?

They want us to sell players and be relegated so we are made an example of, but there is a serious threat of liquidation before that even happens now.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The Jagielka issue is more likely to be more of a problem for Jagielka. If he was to play tomorrow and get injured, badly injured, and his contract expires 17 January he could be out of the game with no money for a considerable period of time. Shame, but Stearman will do a good job for us tomorrow. Jags will hopefully hang around the club a few days until the proof of funds has been lodged/accepted, and he can sign up again till the end of the season.

Indeed. The Dorsett claims sound very dramatic, but if you think about it the only way Jags contract is “cancelled” is if he does it.

The obvious worry is new claim regarding a fresh embargo

I’m fed up with all this now and if it wasn’t for the horrible impact on the staff and creditors (in particular small and local businesses) I’d say sod you all (EFL, Wycombe, Middlesbrough) liquidate us and we’ll start again at the bottom (or whatever level the FA allowed us to). Liquidate us before Wycombe and Middlesbrough get around to taking any action and actually become creditors as they’re not at the moment.

35 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Let's be honest though no one actually believed they were going to name the preferred bidder today and everything was going to start moving. I mean I certainly didn't. We've been here so many times over the past two years, I just knew it.

But I mean one time it’s going to be true and like everyone - you think well they’ve said this so many times surely this is the one!! But nope. It will almost certainly be after jan when we can’t do any transfer business. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It wouldn't surprise me if a bidder is waiting for our chance of survival to drop enough so that a further 15 point penalty wouldn't bother the fans (for not paying 25% of unsecured creditors). Unfortunately, that's one of the easiest ways to reduce the purchase price by just over £5m.

As I understand it that would only apply next season, not this. 

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We're in administration, why are you confident we have funds to prove? 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, we’ve got previous man of the match Stearman to drop in.

I wonder who’s tapped up Jags?

We did. We agreed a deal with him. But someone else may want him too. All that club has to do is complain to the EFL and that's sorted for them. 

Selling players to reduce debt Is fine as long as the going rate or near as is paid, the offer for Sibley was quite frankly abysmal, the offer wouldn't cover a weeks salaries. The EFL tried to make Birmingham sell Che Evans for a poultry amount   the whole lot stinks, the EFL won't be happy until they wave us goodbye. 

Edited by falconram

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The bids we've been offered mate, won't make a dent in the clubs debts.

We have to get the best we can .

I know it’s awful. 

What’s your take on it because it’s hard to see anything good coming of this. .

Like I say the debts are too high ,

We have been left in a right mess and have upset the EFL and other clubs 

I would love a takeover to happen today as I love this Football Club .

It is very depressing particularly as we are making a great fight on the pitch .

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Yes, the EFL are poo. But I don’t understand how this is EFLs fault?

Admin haven’t named a preferred bidder to start the takeover, so we don’t have any funds coming in?

Are the EFL stopping Admins from doing that? Genuine question. 

Yes; because they could've quashed WW & MFC "claims" - they're clearly ludicrous as has been pointed out numerous times. They've chosen not too because they want DCFC to suffer more - and they didn't like the fact we seemed to be getting stronger not weaker. Other clubs like Rowett's Millwall have blarted to the EFL that we are refusing to sell players so again another reason for the EFL to take this hard line. 

5 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Yes, the EFL are poo. But I don’t understand how this is EFLs fault?

Admin haven’t named a preferred bidder to start the takeover, so we don’t have any funds coming in?

Are the EFL stopping Admins from doing that? Genuine question. 

This. 

The madness ends today if admins name Appleby preferred bidder. Just do it? What am I missing?