Happy Birthday Rev

rynny

35 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Still only one page mind….

We can’t blame @Revthough. He is a forum heavyweight. Looks like he got a few more birthday nods than @rynny, which of course you might expect. But still not a page mind. I think the genre is the problem. It is outdated being nice to people. A bit too smaltzy, saccharin if you like. DCFC Posters nowadays are looking for a bit more grit, despondency, upset. They demand more posts on life threatening respiratory illness, depression, financial problems, dare I say death. This is what the punters want. Not @Rev’s fault of course. Sign of the times and all that. But still only one page mind. The shame of it.

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

We can’t blame @Revthough. He is a forum heavyweight. Looks like he got a few more birthday nods than @rynny, which of course you might expect. But still not a page mind. I think the genre is the problem. It is outdated being nice to people. A bit too smaltzy, saccharin if you like. DCFC Posters nowadays are looking for a bit more grit, despondency, upset. They demand more posts on life threatening respiratory illness, depression, financial problems, dare I say death. This is what the punters want. Not @Rev’s fault of course. Sign of the times and all that. But still only one page mind. The shame of it.

It's not about quantity it's about quality of the posters that wish happy birthday.

I'm sure some would argue on that as well...

Thanks for the thread @rynny, you've got a good memory! 

It amazes me that anyone replies to these threads, so thanks for the good wishes I did receive from people.

As birthdays go, it was a Nigel Pearson/10, to use the forum rating system, so I'd just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, and hopefully the reason we're all here can turn the corner in 2022.