Staying Up?

Yani P

Up or Down?  

221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Correction: we would have had a bloody good chance without the 12 points deduction solely down to Morris

Correction, we’d have a chance without the 12 point deduction.

I’m not sure we’re you get you optimism from. Even without the 21 point deduction we’d still be 19th with no win in 7 games (probably 8 after today).

I think I’m being a realist rather than a pessimist.

If we actually won 3 games on the bounce everyone would start to get excited but you have to remember 1 long term injury to either of the 40 year olds playing in our backline and its curtains ( no not you curtains lol ) .

Thats not counting that we dont even have a proper striker . We have an old guy up front that aint now at his best and a young jack stretton learning his trade ..............come on get realistic people and stop torturing yourself and accept the lower league for a reset . 

Im an optimistic type of person usually but this is just ridiculous . 

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

If we actually won 3 games on the bounce everyone would start to get excited but you have to remember 1 long term injury to either of the 40 year olds playing in our backline and its curtains ( no not you curtains lol ) .

Thats not counting that we dont even have a proper striker . We have an old guy up front that aint now at his best and a young jack stretton learning his trade ..............come on get realistic people and stop torturing yourself and accept the lower league for a reset . 

Dont forget Baldrick. He may be our cunning plan.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Correction, we’d have a chance without the 12 point deduction.

I’m not sure we’re you get you optimism from. Even without the 21 point deduction we’d still be 19th with no win in 7 games (probably 8 after today).

I think I’m being a realist rather than a pessimist.

We've got 29 mismatches left. In our past 29 games league we've picked up 24 points. A repeat of that sees us ending the season on +21 points. 16 clubs already have 21 points or more.

The team in 21st already has 15 points, (18th-20, 19th-18, 20th-17)  so you're asking for both a vastly improved performance from us and for 3 teams above us to have such an awful season from this point on that they only pick up maybe around 12-20 points from 28 games.

I think you're being an optimist rather than a realist!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

14 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

We've got 29 mismatches left. In our past 29 games league we've picked up 24 points. A repeat of that sees us ending the season on +21 points. 16 clubs already have 21 points or more.

The team in 21st already has 15 points, (18th-20, 19th-18, 20th-17)  so you're asking for both a vastly improved performance from us and for 3 teams above us to have such an awful season from this point on that they only pick up maybe around 12-20 points from 28 games.

I think you're being an optimist rather than a realist!

I agree although, hopefully it came across in my post, what I meant is, without the 12 points we would have a chance but not a bloody good chance as was suggested.

15 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

If we look like we're starting to get close to the miracle of staying, the EFL will charges us over something llike allowing fans to stand in the South Stand and dock us another 10 points. The EFL want to make an example of us, so we will be relegated.

Don't worry , the Referees will make sure that we don't get close ! 

Do I believe we will stay up? No.

But to say we have no chance isn't true, we do have a chance albeit slim, it's in the players hands to take.

If I'm a professional footballer inside that dressing room, I might be ever so slightly biased but I'm not wanting a relegation on my CV. 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

Yep, we would actually have to start winning some games.....

25 minutes ago, David said:

Do I believe we will stay up? No.

But to say we have no chance isn't true, we do have a chance albeit slim, it's in the players hands to take.

If I'm a professional footballer inside that dressing room, I might be ever so slightly biased but I'm not wanting a relegation on my CV. 

I think the question really is do we have a realistic chance to stay up. The answer to that is no we don't, if we'd shown play off form either last season or this one then we could see it as a mountain but one that's climbable. Our current predicament is closer to the idiots who've barely ever climbed at all and decide they're going to try and scale Everest.  Our form for the past 1 1/2 seasons has averaged at around a point per game and there's nothing to indicate that's going to magically change. 

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think the question really is do we have a realistic chance to stay up. The answer to that is no we don't, if we'd shown play off form either last season or this one then we could see it as a mountain but one that's climbable. Our current predicament is closer to the idiots who've barely ever climbed at all and decide they're going to try and scale Everest.  Our form for the past 1 1/2 seasons has averaged at around a point per game and there's nothing to indicate that's going to magically change. 

But we do have a chance, as impossible it may seem. 

And that's the mentality we need to see from the players. 

Fans have and will have paid a lot of money for season tickets, away tickets, travel etc.

We deserve to see players take this challenge on and give it their all. It's ok for us to think no chance, but not the players. 

Far too many games to go to just give up.

2 minutes ago, David said:

But we do have a chance, as impossible it may seem. 

And that's the mentality we need to see from the players. 

Fans have and will have paid a lot of money for season tickets, away tickets, travel etc.

We deserve to see players take this challenge on and give it their all. It's ok for us to think no chance, but not the players. 

Far too many games to go to just give up.

we do have a mathematical chance in the sense it's possible but nothing more than that. I agree the players have got to play for their own pride, for the pride of the club, and for the pride of the fans. I do think it's also important for fans to continue to get behind the players as the atmosphere has been incredible this season and it's important that continues. I do think these are slightly different from the topic of do we have a chance of staying up though. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

we do have a mathematical chance in the sense it's possible but nothing more than that. I agree the players have got to play for their own pride, for the pride of the club, and for the pride of the fans. I do think it's also important for fans to continue to get behind the players as the atmosphere has been incredible this season and it's important that continues. I do think these are slightly different from the topic of do we have a chance of staying up though. 

Ok, we do have a chance that's the answer then.

Again, I don't believe we will stay up, but we do have a chance.

No chance I'm afraid. (A bit of reverse psychology..) So far this season in 17 games we have achieved slightly over 1 point per game, which is barely enough to avoid relegation normally. To achieve safety we need 1.8 points per game which is pushing for automatic promotion form. Are we going to go from relegation threatened to pushing for promotion form overnight? Are we capable of winning 2 on the trot even?

7 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, we do have a chance that's the answer then.

Again, I don't believe we will stay up, but we do have a chance.

Like I said is it a realistic chance? No  A mathematical chance? Yes. I think calling it a 'chance' is a bit misleading in this sense as I said before. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Like I said is it a realistic chance? No  A mathematical chance? Yes. I think calling it a 'chance' is a bit misleading in this sense as I said before. 

It's not misleading, it's a fact, we have a chance.

When it's mathematically impossible, there is no chance.

36 minutes ago, David said:

It's not misleading, it's a fact, we have a chance.

When it's mathematically impossible, there is no chance.

I'd say what the thread is really asking is not 'is there a mathematical chance' of staying up but is there a realistic chance of staying up. But I've already said this so I'll leave it there.