60th Birthday Suggestions

Day

Not mine obviously, my mums, long story short, nothing has been organised due to one sibling ducking us about. 

Me and the other sibling have had enough, we're doing something without the rogue selfish sibling .

It's Friday 19th November, but we have to be back by Saturday night as we have a 40th party.

Any suggestions to make the day special at this late notice, can travel, can stay overnight, but we don't have unlimited money either.

She lives in Nottingham, from Derby so would be good if it wasn't anything around there, don't want to do something that could do most days if you get where I'm coming from.

Ideally it's going to be a surprise.

Difficult without knowing her interests.. 

If it's just her on her own, then a nice weekend away somewhere, with the good siblings? Not Grimsby obviously.

If she has a good friend.. How about a show and hotel in London? Bit of shopping etc.

Frying pans always go down well.. As she is 60, maybe an ironing board for a special birthday.

I've just had my 60th a couple weeks ago and presents were not needed. I am lucky to be able to get what I need, when I need. For me, my 60th was about people. We just had a small party with close friends and family. Got the local curry house to cater with various curries and accessories. That was enough for me. I loved it.  It's about memories now. 

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Difficult without knowing her interests.. 

If it's just her on her own, then a nice weekend away somewhere, with the good siblings? Not Grimsby obviously.

If she has a good friend.. How about a show and hotel in London? Bit of shopping etc.

Frying pans always go down well.. As she is 60, maybe an ironing board for a special birthday.

I've just had my 60th a couple weeks ago and presents were not needed. I am lucky to be able to get what I need, when I need. For me, my 60th was about people. We just had a small party with close friends and family. Got the local curry house to cater with various curries and accessories. That was enough for me. I loved it.  It's about memories now. 

I don't really know her interests either, I mean she's divorced, her partner passed away a few years ago so it's now just work, TV, bed. 

Would be me, my other half and sister going with her.

19 hours ago, David said:

Sorted now.

Liverpool.

Live music at the Cavern Club, then onto a cruise/3 course meal thing, posh hotel

Good choice, (I've been a resident for more than 20 years).

If you have no objections may I ask which hotel?

Have a great time. ?? 

38 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Good choice, (I've been a resident for more than 20 years).

If you have no objections may I ask which hotel?

Have a great time. ?? 

Not sure, I've only seen pics, sister organised that, will try and find out