Programs and chips

Malty

I took my son to his first game since before covid this Saturday.

Shame about the result, but the rams did ok second half and made it interesting at least.

However the highlights for an 11 year old very much include the half time chips and of course a program to remember the day.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed that both seem to be missing from the match day experience.

I’m not knocking what DCFC do and I completely understand financial pressures, but it would be nice to know what has happened to both?!!

I still managed to spend nearly a tenner on drinks and maltesers  at half time !!

11 minutes ago, Malty said:

Shame about the result, but the rams did ok second half and made it interesting at least.

However the highlights for an 11 year old very much include the half time chips and of course a program to remember the day.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed that both seem to be missing from the match day experience.

I’m not knocking what DCFC do and I completely understand financial pressures, but it would be nice to know what has happened to both?!!

I still managed to spend nearly a tenner on drinks and maltesers  at half time !!

Didn't they stop doing the match day program before the lockdown?

21 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yep, changed to a monthly magazine which is still for sale outside the ground and covers multiple games.

Such a Shame. I probably should have bought one of those for us. I guess they must have a lot of waste on match day programs which is why they stopped them? Plus I guess they are becoming less popular than they used to be as everyone can get up to date news and team news on smart phones.

Programme was stopped during covid and replaced with the monthly rampage. August and September issues of rampage were sold outside the ground, all issues sold on line or from the club shop when open. Was told the administrators were asked about returning to a match day programme but this clearly was not approved. Maybe the new owner will see the advantage of having a programme in the new year.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Folks near us pop out to one of the vans for chips at half time. Not sure how many of those there are around the ground?

Anyway, if you buy stuff on the concourse it benefits the club directly.

I think the club didn’t do too bad out of us Angie. On Friday we were in the club shop buying an away top for me and a third version of my son. That plus tickets, plus the half time snacks. They did ok! Hopefully money we’ll spent, but can’t help but feel that a good chunk of income is going directly to the administrators! They’re not cheap! Anyhow, it was gladly given. I was just happy to be there … with or without the program and chips!!

3 hours ago, Malty said:

Oh don’t get me started!

Edited by Boycie
On the lack of chips!! For those who can’t eat bloody burgers or hot dogs! It’s discriminatory

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm assuming each stand has at least one van outside, that you can nip out to at HT, for chips?

North stand does, for info.

And walk through the smog of fags?

Nah mate, spark at least one frier up per stand.

First game back this season when I asked for our fries from France I was sent down the other end of the stand.

Mugged me off Mr Potato head stylie 

5 hours ago, Malty said:

I think the club didn’t do too bad out of us Angie. On Friday we were in the club shop buying an away top for me and a third version of my son. That plus tickets, plus the half time snacks. They did ok! Hopefully money we’ll spent, but can’t help but feel that a good chunk of income is going directly to the administrators! They’re not cheap! Anyhow, it was gladly given. I was just happy to be there … with or without the program and chips!!

What did you do to the first couple? ?