Nuno Espirito Santo would you replace him as Spurs manager?

ziggyram59

I always use to like Tottenham's entertaining football under Mauricio Pochettino they might not win much but it was good football, under Santo there football is to slow and to me he is not the right type of manager for Tottenham, they were dreadful yesterday against Man United, Kane looks disinterested and there seems to be no spirit/fight in the team. I would replace him.

I would, although I would need his replacement with a pen in his hand to sign before the bullet was fired.

Nuno must have been what, the 5th or 6th choice that went public as they were turned down, they can't let that embarrassment happen again.

The thing is I also think they will be looking in the same market as Newcastle, whilst they are in trouble at the foot of the table, there is a promise of money to spend.

Are you going to get that at Spurs?

Levy must be regretting firing Poch and not backing him every morning he wakes up.

21 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

His Wolves team was totally different,not the slow style you describe ziggy,they were pacy

Yes that's what I can't understand, his 1st season in The Championship they were playing fantastic football and his 1st season in The Premier League but last season they played in a similar way to Spurs this season and the Wolves fans didn't like it and they got rid of him and now under Bruno Lage they are playing a lot more attacking style again. 

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Levy is the problem at that club. Doesn't invest properly and falls out with the manager. They have gone backwards. 

I think that's an understatement Rammy03, to think in 2018/2019 they got to the champions league final against Liverpool they had a good team under Pochettino but as you state Levy wouldn't invest to take them to the next level and as you say they have gone backwards. There fans think there a top team but they haven't won the old first division/premier league since 1960/1961. 

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I think that's an understatement Rammy03, to think in 2018/2019 they got to the champions league final against Liverpool they had a good team under Pochettino but as you state Levy wouldn't invest to take them to the next level and as you say they have gone backwards. There fans think there a top team but they haven't won the old first division/premier league since 1960/1961. 

We've won it twice since they last did

Why would you want the Spurs job?  Other than for a fat payoff for 3 months work ? 

Both the fans and the board have delusions of grandeur despite never giving the manager enough funds to compete with the leagues big boys. 

Poch probably over achieved when Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea were going through their various stages of development - they have clearly pulled away now and everyone else is challenging for 4th.  You can also throw Everton, Leicestor and West Ham into the mix now along with Man Utd and a resurgent Arsenal.  

4th if they have an excellent season, 10th for an average one.  Not sure the average Spurs fan thinks either of those outcomes are good enough.

19 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Why would you want the Spurs job?  Other than for a fat payoff for 3 months work ? 

Both the fans and the board have delusions of grandeur despite never giving the manager enough funds to compete with the leagues big boys. 

Poch probably over achieved when Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea were going through their various stages of development - they have clearly pulled away now and everyone else is challenging for 4th.  You can also throw Everton, Leicestor and West Ham into the mix now along with Man Utd and a resurgent Arsenal.  

4th if they have an excellent season, 10th for an average one.  Not sure the average Spurs fan thinks either of those outcomes are good enough.

It's quite ironic that they're in this mess because they strived to follow the Arsenal way of competing.  Scrimp on save on the team so you can build a funky new, bigger stadium, and use better gate receipts to fund better players.  But that's only a success if you have a good manager, and better scouting.  They never should've let Poch go, and they especially shouldn't have replaced him with Jose.  Everyone knew that wasn't going to work.

I think Spurs has spent more on managers than they have players when you consider the post sacking payouts.  Conte, assuming it's him, certainly won't be cheap, although I did read Levy may only offer an 18 month contract.  Oh to be in a profession where you get paid millions by being sacked.  

Spurs, like Newcastle are in trouble in my opinion.  I think they over-achieved under Poch, and are now being found wanting.  Kane clearly doesn't want to be there and, unless something massively changes, will be gone in January I reckon.  They're a solid top 10 team I feel based on what I've seen.  No more.  Clearly their fan-base expects top four (3 of my Spurs mates certainly do).