Nuno Espirito Santo would you replace him as Spurs manager?

ziggyram59

On 31/10/2021 at 12:05, Rammy03 said:

Levy is the problem at that club. Doesn't invest properly and falls out with the manager. They have gone backwards. 

I know you mean in the squad, but he has invested heavily in tottenham. They have to pay £30mill per year for something like 30 years to pay off the debt for their fancy new stadium.

Makes me wonder what would happen if they went down during that period - its a long time they have to bank on tv payments, etc coming in

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I know you mean in the squad, but he has invested heavily in tottenham. They have to pay £30mill per year for something like 30 years to pay off the debt for their fancy new stadium.

Makes me wonder what would happen if they went down during that period - its a long time they have to bank on tv payments, etc coming in

Nope, can't see how they're both correct? ?

Edited by RoyMac5

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope, can't see how they're both correct? ?

He's invested money into new facilities that will lead to increased earnings for the club. Just because they've borrowed money doesnt mean its not an investment ?

” disinterested” while earning umpteen million a year. Read that word again ” disinterested”.

Me and modern football are getting so far away from each other. Spurs meh... footballers who are disinterested...meh.

Take them for every penny Nuno. You are not the one at fault here. 

Im leaving this thread now. It disinterests me. 

12 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

” disinterested” while earning umpteen million a year. Read that word again ” disinterested”.

Me and modern football are getting so far away from each other. Spurs meh... footballers who are disinterested...meh.

Take them for every penny Nuno. You are not the one at fault here. 

Im leaving this thread now. It disinterests me. 

I love to leap in when anyone uses the word “disinterested “ wrongly though I assume you are quoting.  “Disinterested” means impartial or unbiased, like a cricket umpire. “Uninterested” means having no interest or concern about something.

Interestingly, (and confusingly) if you’re a word nerd like me, the noun of “disinterested” is “disinterestedness” but the noun of “uninterested” is “disinterest”.  Therefore players can appear to be uninterested and play with disinterest.  I watch my nearest club West Ham with disinterestedness because I don’t support them, they are just the closest to my home. Phew, I need a lie down now.

5 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

I love to leap in when anyone uses the word “disinterested “ wrongly though I assume you are quoting.  “Disinterested” means impartial or unbiased, like a cricket umpire. “Uninterested” means having no interest or concern about something.

Interestingly, (and confusingly) if you’re a word nerd like me, the noun of “disinterested” is “disinterestedness” but the noun of “uninterested” is “disinterest”.  Therefore players can appear to be uninterested and play with disinterest.  I watch my nearest club West Ham with disinterestedness because I don’t support them, they are just the closest to my home. Phew, I need a lie down now.

image.png.08731f711c7ced997a6bc0bbca9c5ba1.png

On 31/10/2021 at 18:50, Pearl Ram said:

Just out of interest, I had a look what was Number 1 in the “Hit Parade” as it was sometimes referred to the last time Tottenham were champions of England. Wow. This shows how long ago it was...

And this is what was number one last time we won it 

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

And this is what was number one last time we won it 

Aye, sad times. (Bay City Rollers I mean ) But we don’t reckon we’re a big club and by big I mean so big we’re prepared to form a breakaway league for Europe’s elite. Yeah, they’ve got a smashing stadium and good luck to them for that but performance wise, they’re run of the mill in The Premier League, behind West Ham and Leicester and I don’t remember them thinking they should be part of an elite league.

On 02/11/2021 at 09:35, Turk Thrust said:

I was indeed quoting and Im not over sensitive to grammar policing. Can be quite amusing. 

In general my point is understood.