Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I would never subscribe and pay for any content on the web. You never need to look very far for the same content being written behind a paywall. 

These kind of websites have had their day and will have to change their business model very soon otherwise they’ll sink. 

I think if you don’t believe the truth on our debts you living in cloud cuckoo land .

This is a serious matter 

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

They cannot professionally "forget due process"

Let’s see some serious contenders other than CK putting themselves forward to the fans then if they are going through due process.

Cloak and dagger stuff isn’t going to be good for DCFC 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

When looking at the ongoing loss you have to take into account 75% of the season ticket money was used last year. Obviously covid is altering our income flow. 

Next season things will look very different in terms of profit and loss. 

Just now, sage said:

When looking at the ongoing loss you have to take into account 75% of the season ticket money was used last year. Obviously covid is altering our income flow. 

Of course but we have to get to next year. 

Cash flow is right here for DCFC right now .

If you default on your mortgage what happens !

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Serious point is if CK pulls out we are ducked IMO .

I think the guy is sincere and the administrators need to realise this and go with him and forget the others .

Forget due process and just tell him it’s his if he wants it at the right price. 

What a ridiculous post - we (quite rightly in my opinion) have no idea about the wealth and/or intentions of any of the interested parties - only that they have passed the Administrators requirement to prove a certain level of funding. CK is making a noise - but that's all it is at present - we don't know his financial clout or his actual intentions....

You'd hand the club to him purely because he's pushing himself forward? - and you'd ignore people that may be better (wealthier/have a better long term plan) for the club because they're doing things quietly and professionally? Thank goodnees you have no say in the decisions that will be taken.....

Edited by Gaspode

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

They cannot professionally "forget due process"

Or their duty is to the creditors, not "the good of the club" or "the fans" or anything other than getting £££££££££

It's bleak. And it needs someone to swallow a very bitter cost of settling debts before any thoughts forward can be made and the gloom is there because no one needs to to buy "a" championship club, let alone a league 1 club.

Someone might swallow it because they want Derby County.

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

What a ridiculous post - we (quite rightly in my opinion) have no idea about the wealth and/or intentions of any of the interested parties - only that they have passed the Administrators requirement to prove a certain level of funding. CK is making a noise - but that's all it is at present - we don't know his financial clout or his actual intentions....

You'd hand the club to him putr;ly because he's pushing himself forward? - and you'd ignore people that may be better (wealthier/have a better long term plan) for the club because they're doing things quietly and professionally? Thank goodnees you have no say in the decisions that will be taken.....

There speaks  someone in the know. !

Lets hear from these so called people then .

Edited by Curtains

12 minutes ago, sage said:

And not forgetting that even under normal circumstances, most clubs will be losing money at this time of the season.  Significant parts of clubs income are paid at the start of the season (season tickets), the end of the season (prize money) and potentially in the 2 transfer windows (if you sell players for a profit).  Clubs will bank the cash then, and lose money in-between.

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Changed it to “they”. And in my defence the other day I assumed Charlotte Ram was a lady called Charlotte. Turns out they are in fact based in a place called Charlotte. Oh dear.

In all the craziness I’d forgot Charlotte Ram, I thought they’d internally combusted the day Mel put the club into admin. All that faith gone……

image.gif.385f0b580a87084923b159976b7a0c78.gif

If debts are cleared, it may be possible to run a league 1 club like Derby at a profit or at least not at a significant loss. Derby’s profile would allow for a larger income of money from season ticket sales and general match day income and a higher amount of younger players on lower wages due to the successful academy system. The issue has been crazy wages on older players with little re sale value. A self imposed salary cap (if the EFL are not doing this for Derby anyway) might be the way to go. Problem is someone would need to take on the debt. 
I know Morris was looking at other ways to generate income such as roof on stadium? Pride Park has been used for concerts before and can be in the future (if covid allows). 

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And not forgetting that even under normal circumstances, most clubs will be losing money at this time of the season.  Significant parts of clubs income are paid at the start of the season (season tickets), the end of the season (prize money) and potentially in the 2 transfer windows (if you sell players for a profit).  Clubs will bank the cash then, and lose money in-between.

That might be true if there was any money to bank..

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

There speaks  someone in the know. !

Lets hear from these so called people then .

They will be talking to the administrators - they don't need to talk to you or anyone else.

It's been pointed out a number of times that some of the bidders may want to play their cards close to their chests in case they aren't successful - that means doing things behind closed doors, not in the full glare of a bunch of impatient fans.

CK has taken a very public stance - I suspect in the hope that fans such as yourself will get behind him and that may sway the administrators (or it may just be the American way of doing business) - but he'll look a bit of a plum if the club is sold to someone else....