Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The Garry Cook Americans mentioned we’re talking to Mel in the summer and before. They were seeing what would happen last season before committing. We now know Garry Cook is with the Kirchner bid. Not saying he pulled out and we went into admin but it’s possible he was the guy.

Cook is a former CEO at Man City. He is a hired hand. So he could have been hired by one lot who dropped out and then hired by Kirchner instead. 

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Whether or not the Daily Mail are rehashing or its a fresh perspective,  I dont mind the idea being pushed in the press that ..IF.. HMRC won't take a small % of what they are owed then they may end up getting a whole heap of nothing, and set in motion for them a lot of aggro, legal challenge, bad press...

If I were the administrators or a potential buyer then that angle would be something I'd be happy to see swirling in the press. The HMRC have to believe they could overplay their hand if they go hardball with us?

Big week for the administrators...so far they have talked a good game, ran up a fair old bill and negotiated a pretty unimpressive points deduction.  All looks OK if we get a buyer and can move forward quickly but if not then their reputations are going to quickly go off a cliff!!

Even 25% is better than nothing. If HMRC playing hardball caused the club to be liquidated, whether as a taxpayer or as Rams fan I would be extremely angry with them . they would be kissing goodbye to the remaining 25% (£7million) as well as any tax on future revenues or expenditure. Plainly that would be bull headed and daft. 

22 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The Garry Cook Americans mentioned we’re talking to Mel in the summer and before. They were seeing what would happen last season before committing. We now know Garry Cook is with the Kirchner bid. Not saying he pulled out and we went into admin but it’s possible he was the guy.

You should think about writing articles for the Daily Mail.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What they lose from us they gain from future clubs making sure they never get into our state again and pay their taxes.

My fear all along is the EFL are using us as ammo in their fight against the Prem and the HMRC are going to use us as an example to other clubs they won't be messed with.

I would love to be reassured everything will be ok, but I think we are a lot closer to liquidation than when the administrators came in.

This suggests that the owners either give a damn, are good businessmen or don’t go into administration deliberately - that cuts out lots of football club owners! Not much of a lesson.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You should think about writing articles for the Daily Mail.

'We believe the Garry Cook Americans mentioned were talking to Mel in the summer and before. They were seeing what would happen last season before committing. We now know Garry Cook is with the Kirchner bid. Sources claim he pulled out when we went into admin and that it’s possible he was the figurehead.'

No chance, when there is me....a legitimate reporter now, not rehashing Internet rumour.

42 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Point is it’s no good dismissing the Daily Mail articles just because it’s the daily mail. The article yesterday makes it sound like HMRC want all the money which is at odds with what a lot would expect. 
If Derby had a huge shortfall due to covid why was the appeal to EFL cancelled and why isn’t there any meeting with government reps? Hope something can be sorted 

The Mail has no info on what HMRC would settle for. Even the Mail doesn't say that HMRC would liquidate the club, only that they may hold out for payment in full. Which would put off some buyers and has put off at least one... according to the Mail.  

So things could drag on if HMRC dig their heels in. The argument the Mail  makes is that admin team could then have a duty to liquidate the club if there is no realistic prospect of emerging from administration. 

But Wigan stayed in admin for well over a year I believe. They did have a fire sale and I think only got £8 million or so for their entire squad. That is the scenario we want to avoid. Of course we also want to avoid liquidation which I think would be some way off and still unlikely. 

11 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Has any other club’s financial affairs been so publicly scrutinised vas Derby’s? You would think we were the only Club to carry debt after the pandemic. Does the article even mention the loss of all our income for 20 months. 

You do realise we are the only team to enter Administration during the Pandemic. Although based on your level of assessment the Pandemic probably has had no effect on any other of the 71 teams operating within the EFL pyramid.

9 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Am I right in thinking that liquidation means HMRC get nothing? If so, are they really going to push us down that road by not accepting the deal?

Yes to first question. Second question, logic would suggest not. However this is HMRC so we actually do not know for sure. . 

55 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Point is it’s no good dismissing the Daily Mail articles just because it’s the daily mail. The article yesterday makes it sound like HMRC want all the money which is at odds with what a lot would expect. 
If Derby had a huge shortfall due to covid why was the appeal to EFL cancelled and why isn’t there any meeting with government reps? Hope something can be sorted 

Exactly, something doesn't add up.....

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You do realise we are the only team to enter Administration during the Pandemic. Although based on your level of assessment the Pandemic probably has had no effect on any other of the 71 teams operating within the EFL pyramid.

Wigan were the first team to go into admin during the pandemic. They stayed  in administration for over a year. Not sure I can take this intenseness for another year. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The Mail has no info on what HMRC would settle for. Even the Mail doesn't say that HMRC would liquidate the club, only that they may hold out for payment in full. Which would put off some buyers and has put off at least one... according to the Mail.  

So things could drag on if HMRC dig their heels in. The argument the Mail  makes is that admin team could then have a duty to liquidate the club if there is no realistic prospect of emerging from administration. 

But Wigan stayed in admin for well over a year I believe. They did have a fire sale and I think only got £8 million or so for their entire squad. That is the scenario we want to avoid. Of course we also want to avoid liquidation which I think would be some way off and still unlikely. 

I wouldn't be so sure, the debt if we remained a Championship club would not be such an issue, our value drops significantly as a League One club.

Do not be suprised if we end up doing a Mansfield.....  In some respects it could clear the debts, we could start again and work our way up the leagues.

Derby FC anyone?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This suggests that the owners either give a damn, are good businessmen or don’t go into administration deliberately - that cuts out lots of football club owners! Not much of a lesson.

No lesson at all. Also if the lesson is don't spend too much on player wages otherwise this is what happens.. well again HMRC is a big loser as they get less in PAYE if players wages are lower. 

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

I wouldn't be so sure, the debt if we remained a Championship club would not be such an issue, our value drops significantly as a League One club.

Do not be suprised if we end up doing a Mansfield.....  In some respects it could clear the debts, we could start again and work our way up the leagues.

Derby FC anyone?

No thanks. Only ever DCFC.

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

Derby FC anyone?

No way. The club will survive, even after a liquidation it would survive. 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So not paying HMRC PAYE youve collected from your employees is ethical now is it?   No wonder the country us in the state its in...  Ive I fail to pay my VAT quartely and corporation tax on my business anually I get hammered by the Taxman.  How come a 1/2 Billionaire gets away with it, after running the club into the ground...

Morris has a lot to answer for....

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

No thanks. Only ever DCFC.

We may not have a choice if the Daily Fail are correct.  Although the £20m to MSD is tied to the stadium, that said it needs to be part of the deal or the club is not viable business proposition.  Maybe MSD will accept a loss or part ownership....

Edited by RAM1966