Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

who doesn't want us to be succesful in an appeal?

my gripe comes from the main case is that they are blaming covid so it comes across as a massive waste of time and money, money that could be used to save JOBS. An indepdent panel won't take pitty on that, when you consider our losses pre-covid were more than post-covid.

7 minutes ago, David said:

I get the feeling some fans do not want us to be successful in this appeal, and then want the EFL to throw the book at us which would guarantee relegation and why?....Well we apparently deserve it.

One fact is, the administrators have taken a look at the books, and believe they have a case and as a Derby fan, call me odd, but I hope they are successful and the points deduction is reduced.

I know, I know, controversial right?! I promise you I'm not trolling here, I genuinely want us to be successful in this appeal. 

I’m certain there is only a very tiny minority of folk on this forum that don’t want us to be successful in our appeal. (Time for another poll).

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I’m certain there is only a very tiny minority of folk on this forum that don’t want us to be successful in our appeal. (Time for another poll).

Problem with polls are some are not honest with their vote and use it for a laugh, look at those that claim they don't want to ban trick or treating for example.

If we are successful in the appeal, can we forever name that day Steve Gibson Day, a bit like Guy Fawkes night.

The local prisoners could be dressed up as Steve Gibson with masks and rubbish hair and be placed in stocks outside Pride Park where the local school kids can throw cabbages and rotten tomatoes at them, then we could build a huge fire on Alvaston Park and burn a huge Steve Gibson made by a specially selected school each year. We could all dance round the fire singing songs.

All very victoriana and human rights violated everywhere, but it'd be fun.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

the reason Derby County Football Club went into administration is so so simple..... Mel Morris stopped putting in the money to keep them out of administration.....that is it, nothing else....If he was still pumping money into the club we would not be in administration.

How do you know he wasn’t advised to do this? 

21 minutes ago, David said:

I get the feeling some fans do not want us to be successful in this appeal, and then want the EFL to throw the book at us which would guarantee relegation and why?....Well we apparently deserve it.

One fact is, the administrators have taken a look at the books, and believe they have a case and as a Derby fan, call me odd, but I hope they are successful and the points deduction is reduced.

I know, I know, controversial right?! I promise you I'm not trolling here, I genuinely want us to be successful in this appeal. 

The administrators have taken a look and decided to try and fight it, my gut is they won't get anywhere but for 300k we might as well give it a shot. Many i think believe that we've been run badly (not really up for debate) and covid isn't the true source of the problems but merely an accelerator (is a big source of contention) and wanting our club to be relegated. No-one wants the club to be relegated on this forum i don't think and if we can get rid of the points deduction then we'd all take it. But that's different from acknowledging that a punishment is likely to be incurred for our actions.  I happen to think even without the points deduction we're still in a bit of trouble position wise. 

It all reminds me of the amortisation discussion slightly with some fans insisting that not only had we not broken the rules but no benefit had been reaped from it either and those disagreeing especially with the latter assessment being chastised as hating on the club or kicking us when we're down. That doesn't mean I want the EFL to punish us or chase us through god knows how many arbitration panels to have a material impact on the club but neither does it mean for me that I'm pretending everything was perfectly fine and we've done absolutely nothing wrong when I don't think that's the case. 

Also would like to read the detail as 9 points really means very little..they carried on buying players in the summer and had some dodgy looking loans .. nowhere near the punishments we have had and don't forget our team planning has been screwed for 2 years already..so their on pitch activity and ability to field a strong squad are untouched..

Edited by Yani P

1 hour ago, alram said:

no disrespect friend but you have been brainwashed by Mel and his cronies. covid hasn't caused any other football club in england to go in administration, what muespachram has said is FACT. we are in administration because of years of wreckless spending and then Mel decided hes had enough, covid is not an excuse. 

Consider this. Mel was grudgingly happy to continue funding the club at 1 million a month while he looked for a buyer - BEFORE covid.
Covid arrives and as a result his private income falls by 30% . At the same time, because of Covid he has to find 2 Million a month to fund the club. 

so let’s look at it another way. hypothetically - Your house is repossessed and we all say it’s your fault …. But how did this happen, ? sadly for you, the firm you worked for made you redundant without notice, without redundancy pay and drove the uninsured company truck over your car. Oh and your neighbour is moaning to the council because you haven’t cut your hedge. Then the mortgage rate doubles overnight, a previous work pension scheme goes bust. To make it worse, every other firm that competed with your previous employers stopped recruiting and cut pay by half. 

Is it really your fault ? Well, I suppose in hindsight you should have insured your car fully comp and cut your hedge but that’s hardly the point is it ! 

43 minutes ago, David said:

It's not that people don't want us to succeed, it's that a lot of people (correctly in my view) rate our chances of success as absolutely minimal at best. The EFL will make sure of it, even if we succeed they will appeal, drag it out, get another hearing and so on and so on and we will be locked in yet another arduous process that simply extends our spiral in to madness.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's not that people don't want us to succeed, it's that a lot of people (correctly in my view) rate our chances of success as absolutely minimal at best. The EFL will make sure of it, even if we succeed they will appeal, drag it out, get another hearing and so on and so on and we will be locked in yet another arduous process that simply extends our spiral in to madness.

All togther now............Oh No They Wont!!!!

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can they appeal? Surely endless appeals will not be possible. 

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It’s an independent panel with no right of appeal for us or the EFL.